Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gobelins
28 Apr 18 08:11
| Topic/replies: 836 | Blogger: gobelins's blog
So, as the 15 remaining competitors arrive at week 2 – the one thing that is clear from the 1st week, is that the one week we’ve just seen is better than every other tournament put together. And, we still have 10 days to go.

The big question, or the only question, on Day 8 is: Can the Captain hang on, or has he missed the boat? R.O’Sullivan looked really subdued for most of yesterday’s 2 sessions, and struggled to focus, but his late rally has made this an even call now. You've got to think that it's now or never for A.Carter, and he'll be hoping O'Sullivan's general apathy continues, but a grandstand finish looks on the cards. The rest of the field will be holding its collective breath…

Elsewhere, M.Allen had a surprisingly comfortable evening, and his challenge for the title is building some real momentum. He sounded really upbeat in his interviews afterwards, and although bigger tests await he is beginning to find some session-to-session consistency, which he has lacked in previous visits here. And, later this afternoon we have the start of the mouth-watering contest between J.Higgins and J.Lisowski. This is potentially a classic Crucible encounter between a high class experienced ex-champion, who is undoubtedly a major contender for the title, and the seemingly fearless young gun who is in the form of his life. Let’s hope it lives up to our expectations.

A fabulous day awaits...

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 10  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 10 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 375
By:
gjohn101
When: 28 Apr 18 09:12
Not sure I can call this. Ali should be further ahead and we all know what ROS is capable of. 7-9 could be 9-9 in the blink of an eye and then it’s hard to see other than one winner. On the other hand Ronnie does look a bit off this week while Carter looks grimly determined and you’d think he will get his chances. The question is does Ali really believe deep down that he can take Ronnie at this stage of a tournament? Not sure about that. Started to get real tentative towards the end of last nights session and hard to see him not clamming up again towards the jamstick.

Higgins v Lisowski. The old reliable against the young prodigy (well, he’s 28 but that’s in bbc speak). Will we get a changing of the guard or more evidence that the famed strength in depth of the game is nothing more than a bbc led fantasy? My moneys on the latter. Higgins losing to Trump-lite? Just can’t see it.
By:
gobelins
When: 28 Apr 18 09:58
Morning gj. I agree, the big question is whether Ali really believes, deep down, he can beat O'Sullivan. He was unusually determined and focused in R1 despite G.Dott having all the running in their opening session, and he seemed to be relishing facing O'Sullivan before they started - which hasn't always been the case. The significance of the opening exchanges cannot be overstated. OK, I know J.Lisowski isn't exactly a spring chicken, but it is The Crucible, so we are allowed a bit of licence...surely?
By:
jed.davison
When: 28 Apr 18 10:10
I've backed O'Sullivan to win 13-9, if he wins the first I'd be surprised if Carter potted another ball in the match.
By:
gjohn101
Sure gobe a bit of license is allowed but I am going to play commentator bingo this afternoon with the phrases “new kid on the block” and assorted variants. If Dennis is in the box the spread will be set for a record total.
By:
jed.davison
Has he mentioned his 1974 visit to Melbourne Australia yet?
By:
wondersobright
When: 28 Apr 18 10:14
lisowski is 26 not 28...and if you believe in the aging curve in professional sport which I do he should be coming to his peak around now and through the next few years
By:
BornToWin
When: 28 Apr 18 10:15
If Ronnie plays to win he wins. If he plays the nonsense of most of the first 2 sessions its off to Eurosport, where he wins anyway because he loves the sound of his own chat.

What I can never figure out is why I always root for him, I suspect its because I know he should be walking this now his nemesis is out.
By:
wondersobright
When: 28 Apr 18 10:17
trump-lite is an insult tbh

the difference between lisowski and trump is lisowski has worked out what he needed and needs to do to improve and IS improving and trump aint worked it out and aint ever gunna work it out

the less lisowski looks up to trump (as he has in the past) the better imo
By:
Latalomne
When: 28 Apr 18 10:25
How the hell have either of those Wilson pots dropped???
By:
wondersobright
When: 28 Apr 18 10:33
got bazza's game on at the mo...he could easily chuck this
By:
peckerdunne
When: 28 Apr 18 10:35
This KID has huge CAJONES...............

Luvin his moxy
By:
peckerdunne
When: 28 Apr 18 10:37
Bythe way as i thought yesterday 3 down

The comeback is a cert and Barry cant hold the tide i'd say..
By:
jed.davison
When: 28 Apr 18 10:38
sorry wondersobright, how many ranking tournaments has lisowski won again? How many World Finals has he made? Trump hasn't worked it out? Are you sure? And Lisowski has? Because he's won one match at Sheffield?
By:
Latalomne
When: 28 Apr 18 10:38
Did Dennis just ask why they call the swan neck the swan neck????  Cry
By:
wondersobright
When: 28 Apr 18 10:39
read my post again jed
By:
peckerdunne
When: 28 Apr 18 10:40
If Ali wins the first he wins the match..

This is a different Ali, not saying he is playing at his best but it is the body language that
says he will not falter so easy this time.
By:
Latalomne
When: 28 Apr 18 10:40
You say that, PD, but the way he ran out of the arena last night didn't look great, IMHO.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 28 Apr 18 10:41
My 40s Kyren still rollin........
By:
GRANTCKING
yikes, wouldnt want to be on the hawk at odds on here, what a dogfight
By:
wondersobright
unlike some I don't put too much emphasis on recency bias...I look at a whole ssn of evidence Cool hence 4 greens left from 4 outright bets
By:
wondersobright
When: 28 Apr 18 10:42
lyu with a bucket ton!!
By:
peckerdunne
When: 28 Apr 18 10:42
Yes Lat, but i am sure he had a good reason not snooker connected
By:
peckerdunne
When: 28 Apr 18 10:43
Another ton for the kid

BAZZA REEEEEELLLIIINNNN
By:
stu
When: 28 Apr 18 10:43
Backed Lyu when he beat Fu, and I've backed him again here.
By:
stu
When: 28 Apr 18 10:44
Kids got nout to lose, and playing that way too, so far...
By:
peckerdunne
When: 28 Apr 18 10:44
doubles the red, lenght of table, no other red to leave, pots the black from very low cut back to begin that ton.

Honestly, something else this, tregardless of table
By:
Latalomne
When: 28 Apr 18 10:46
Baz is done
By:
wondersobright
When: 28 Apr 18 10:52
barry hawkins, 1
By:
wondersobright
When: 28 Apr 18 10:55
this could be 13-9 here
By:
wondersobright
When: 28 Apr 18 10:58
jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez what a buckette
By:
wondersobright
When: 28 Apr 18 10:58
on the jaw at considerable pace and still said yes
By:
johnnythebull
When: 28 Apr 18 11:00
the Hawk's got all the killer instinct of a cuddly toy
By:
wondersobright
When: 28 Apr 18 11:07
big frame
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 28 Apr 18 11:09
can see hawk going up here and bye bye
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 28 Apr 18 11:09
2up
By:
wondersobright
When: 28 Apr 18 11:12
what a chance
By:
thepunter
When: 28 Apr 18 11:12
Classic chinese muggery when it finally looks easy to take a lead.
By:
stu
When: 28 Apr 18 11:14
Think I bokked it Sad
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 28 Apr 18 11:17
Coolhawk was free to go 2up
Page 1 of 10  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 10 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page