Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gobelins
27 Apr 18 06:48
| Topic/replies: 836 | Blogger: gobelins's blog
After a fabulous night’s action - J.Trump finally fell over the line in the end. He seemed to do everything in his power to lose, but scrambled through on the green. We’ve seen over the last few days just what The Crucible can do to you, and despite the buckets it’s amazing what can be missed when the pressure is cranked up a notch.

We’ve now got the last 16 finalised and just think how open this would be had R.O’Sullivan gone out. But, he didn’t and you’d have to think that someone is going to have to play exceptionally well to beat him. He had opportunities to bail out against S.Maguire, but he dug in, and although he was given a lot of help - he is by a long way the man to beat. I’d love The Captain to break his duck against him, but over 25 frames he’ll need to play as well as he’s ever done in his life, and needs to at least stay level during this morning's session.

The action resumes at its usual 10am this morning:

Allen 5-3 Perry (10am and 7pm)
Wilson v Jones (2.30pm)

Higgins v Lisowski
Trump v Walden

-------------------------------------

Ding v McGill
Hawkins 5-3 Haotian (2.30pm)

Williams v Milkins
O’Sullivan v Carter (10am and 7pm)

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 185
By:
gjohn101
When: 27 Apr 18 08:06
Looks a case of how much Ronnie wins by. Ali is a pale shadow of the player who used to challenge for this title and head tends to drop quickly at first sign of trouble. Hope I’m wrong on that but this is exactly why we desperately need some new serious names coming through.

On which note Wilson is the one that has made some strides past few years so you’d expect a commanding performance against Jones who may have peaked during his first round ousting of Murphy. Will tell us a fair bit about Wilson this match I think.
By:
thegiggilo
When: 27 Apr 18 09:19
O'sullivan -4.5 8/13

Ta.
By:
gjohn101
When: 27 Apr 18 10:03
Some fighting talk from Ali here.
By:
jed.davison
When: 27 Apr 18 10:10
It's always baffled me how a guy who has lived in constant pain and has faced a slow death several times can be so scared of winning snooker matches.
By:
Latalomne
When: 27 Apr 18 10:37
First appearance of the day for our friend.
By:
Latalomne
When: 27 Apr 18 10:40
It is annoying about how he distorts the market.
By:
jed.davison
When: 27 Apr 18 10:55
And that is why Carter can't win. Absolutely pathetic.
By:
gjohn101
When: 27 Apr 18 11:06
O'Sullivan was 4/6 to have over 2.5 match centuries. Doubt there will be a bigger certainty this tournament.
By:
gjohn101
When: 27 Apr 18 11:45
That left hand top pocket, it doesnt seem possible to miss as long as you aim for the top side. Very disconcerting.
By:
Latalomne
When: 27 Apr 18 11:59
Why do the Beeb insist on switching from the most advanced game on the red button to the one in the first sesssion????  WhoopsWhoopsWhoops
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 27 Apr 18 12:08
signing in!
By:
gjohn101
When: 27 Apr 18 12:10
And signing on if you do your nuts on Ronnie G ;)
By:
BornToWin
When: 27 Apr 18 12:16
Captain Mugwash may as well have just forfeited. No chance of winning.
By:
thepunter
When: 27 Apr 18 12:19
Ros could be 5-2 down at this point the way he is playing. Will be happy with a tie at end of session.
By:
BornToWin
When: 27 Apr 18 12:22
Ronnie too slack. An on song Ding or Hawkins takes him down.
By:
thepunter
When: 27 Apr 18 12:24
Well, he should get so many chances this evening, he can only improve.
By:
dlarssonf
When: 27 Apr 18 12:24
Ronnie playing at a Ryan Day level
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 27 Apr 18 12:27
wow ronnie playing horrific
By:
wondersobright
When: 27 Apr 18 12:32
overnight lead for the taking here
By:
thepunter
When: 27 Apr 18 12:32
Complete garbage, not settled down yet.
By:
wondersobright
When: 27 Apr 18 13:03
big frame for perry, 8-8 or 9-7 down
By:
wondersobright
When: 27 Apr 18 13:11
8-8 ffs
By:
BornToWin
When: 27 Apr 18 13:15
It appears Ronnie thinks like me that he can do anything here and still win.
By:
BornToWin
When: 27 Apr 18 13:27
It appears Ronnie thinks like me that he can do anything here and still win.
By:
johnnythebull
When: 27 Apr 18 13:30
the rocket's hubris and insouciance coupled with an innate feeling of entitlement and scorn for his peers

works when he is on song but he ain't and it yet may bite him

this WC is looking like the one who finds a way not to lose it more than the others

will likely prevail as opposed to smn actually playing at a higher level to actually win it

nearly all matches serving up nervy snooker

makes it more enthralling if nowt else
By:
BornToWin
When: 27 Apr 18 13:45
Tend to agree Johnny, Ronnie struggles to maintain a level here these days so any sustained decent level will probably do for him.

I don’t think he wins this event again, certainly not if as expected he fails again this year.
By:
gjohn101
When: 27 Apr 18 13:50
Be a bit concerned for him, the cue slap off the table, the exaggerated sighs, his general demeanour etc. Could of course come back tonight a completely different player but one or two signs of distress not exactly encouraging. Its a contest at least!
By:
thegiggilo
When: 27 Apr 18 13:58
He doesn't need to play well to win it because everyone else is playing even worse,havn't seen one player that looks like they are going to play well..
By:
BornToWin
When: 27 Apr 18 14:05
He will be raging Selby has been drafted in by Eurosport.
By:
bobby 1
When: 27 Apr 18 14:12
ding the obvious beneficiary once ronnie gets knocked out
By:
thegiggilo
When: 27 Apr 18 14:21
Wouldn't trust dung to beat anyone,wouldn't surprise me if day beat him..
By:
jed.davison
When: 27 Apr 18 14:22
It would certainly surprise everyone else I would think.
By:
thegiggilo
When: 27 Apr 18 14:29
Having backed him nearly every year for the worlds I think we all know he is more than capable of losing to the very worst of players..
By:
johnnythebull
When: 27 Apr 18 14:29
Grin
By:
johnnythebull
When: 27 Apr 18 14:32
if ronnie does go out one guy who's another meeja fave but i never saw as a winner but impressed with his fightback attitude who could maybe do it is K Wilson
By:
thegiggilo
When: 27 Apr 18 14:35
My only bet in that half at 33s think it will be him and o'sullivan in final..
By:
gjohn101
When: 27 Apr 18 14:45
Day has beaten Ding in the worlds before of course. But apart from the shock against Michael Wasley, Ding only loses to good players at the worlds - Selby twice, Ronnie, Hendry twice, Trump twice, Murphy, Hawkins. Couldnt be bothered who he loses to at other tournaments, irrelevant in this context.
By:
crepello
When: 27 Apr 18 14:49
thegiggilo    27 Apr 18 14:29 
Having backed him nearly every year for the worlds I think we all know he is more than capable of losing to the very worst of players..

gjohn101    27 Apr 18 14:45 
Day has beaten Ding in the worlds before of course. But apart from the shock against Michael Wasley, Ding only loses to good players at the worlds - Selby twice, Ronnie, Hendry twice, Trump twice, Murphy, Hawkins. Couldnt be bothered who he loses to at other tournaments, irrelevant in this context.

Nice reply gj - just beat me to it!!!
By:
Latalomne
When: 27 Apr 18 14:56
Under the odds fella looking to prop up the Wilson price.
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com