Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gobelins
24 Apr 18 06:54
| Topic/replies: 836 | Blogger: gobelins's blog
After S.Murphy took tactical ineptitude to new heights, even for him, during his 10-9 defeat to J.Jones, and we narrowly missed out on our 1st midnight finish, we move onto day 4. Today, sees one of the most anticipated 1st round matches with S.Bingham taking on J.Lisowski. Bingham has returned from his betting ban, and has played well since his return (including reaching the final in Romania). He comes here much fresher than usual and he does have good memories here following his World Title win a couple of years ago. That said, his overall record here is generally very poor. Lisowski looks like he is finally bringing a level of consistency to his game, and he is playing really well at present. He played really well in The China Open before capitulating to K.Wilson in QF, and a question mark remains about his temperament under pressure. He is really confident at present though, and is scoring really heavily - this looks a high-class 1st round match.

Elsewhere, we see M.Williams and N.Robertson start their campaigns. A big question remains as to whether either of them truly believe they could possibly beat R.O'Sullivan here over 3 sessions. Had O'Sullivan lost in R1 then these 2 previous winners would have entered the outright winner calculations - but while O'Sullivan stays in, that big doubt remains. They should both negotiate their opening matches, but odds of 1/5-1/6 do not appeal.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 272
By:
wondersobright
When: 24 Apr 18 09:22
got to go out in a bit so will miss 1st session Sad

play well jack & please knock oot this cheating soab
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Apr 18 10:01
Not sure you can call him a cheat, Wonder!  That was NEVER suggested, from what I've seen.  Yes, he bet on matches in which he was involved, but pretty sure they said there was nothing to suggest he had tried to lose them. 

I'll be honest, I've not seen much of Lisowski this season.  I DID see him in the first session of his qualifier against McManus, and he was extremely wasteful in the first half of that.  He then put a string of frames together and progressed comfortably.  I've liked the way Big Hram has played since returning from his ban, apart from the humiliation by Stevens somewhere or other.  At the prices, I think I'd have to be siding with the former world champion, albeit the reality is that I'm not getting involved at the start.

I'd be surprised if Ding doesn't finish Xiao off (both of whom were pretty wasteful yesterday), and I obviously hope Ricky can win 4 of the remaining 10 frames to beat Brecel. 

Jimmy Robertson has only ever won 5 of the 30 frames he's played against MJW, and it's hard to make a case for the Englishman (who admittedly is improving slightly), unless Mark has a really bad day. 

I have said elsewhere that I couldn't back the Milkman against Robbo with counterfeit.  Two things temper that original confidence in the Aussie slightly, that I've just spotted:  1) the Milkman actually beat Robbo at this stage of the 2013 tournament, and 2) he beat him the last time the two met in Northern Ireland.  For me he will always be a player whose temperament stops him from achieving his true potential.  He often looks like he hates the game, and a bad run of the balls will, more often than not, lead to an appalling follow-up shot. 

GL all.
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 24 Apr 18 10:13
yeh theres no way I could oppose robbo or mark J
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 24 Apr 18 10:15
7-3 ding, what a kicking from 0-2
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 24 Apr 18 10:17
lisowksi opens with a century
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Apr 18 10:17
Impressive from Jack
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 24 Apr 18 10:32
2-0 dudd 2.0
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 24 Apr 18 10:32
Cry I jinxed him
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 24 Apr 18 10:40
big steal for bingham here
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Apr 18 10:41
Burglary in progress
By:
deadbrain59
When: 24 Apr 18 10:47
ding dong different class
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 24 Apr 18 10:56
another century for dudd 2.0
By:
thegiggilo
When: 24 Apr 18 11:08
Dinghy not got a clue what's going on in interview..Love
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 24 Apr 18 11:08
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Apr 18 11:17
Good game, good game
By:
thegiggilo
When: 24 Apr 18 11:17
It's gonna be king of the buckets this year..
By:
dlarssonf
When: 24 Apr 18 11:20
yeah betting on his own matches really shouts honesty - fcuk him
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Apr 18 11:24
Depends whether he's backing himself or not?

The biggest punt that we know about was on his own tournament high break being beaten (he won £4k from it).  Hardly someone going out with the mentality to earn a sneaky few quid by throwing one.
By:
dlarssonf
When: 24 Apr 18 11:28
He knows the rules and played dumb then start using his manager's account and they are they ones we know about - no time for ****s like that - should have been **** out of the game along with honest John -
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Apr 18 11:30
Not going to disagree that he was dumb.  I'm merely contesting the fact that on the evidence presented, you can't call him a cheat.
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Apr 18 11:47
Wow
By:
dlarssonf
When: 24 Apr 18 11:48
club snooker standard againCry
By:
bobby 1
When: 24 Apr 18 11:51
i agree with you lata, binghams guilty of lying not of cheating, i wouldnt put his offence in the same category as that CEE U NEXT TUESDAY higgins
By:
bobby 1
When: 24 Apr 18 11:52
this mug lisowski would actually have a decent chance in this match if he had half a brain Excited
By:
bobby 1
When: 24 Apr 18 11:53
bingham will win the majority of tactical frames, and therefor grind this clown down into submission
By:
bobby 1
When: 24 Apr 18 11:55
really tempted to pull the trigger, cant see bingham losing this match
By:
bobby 1
When: 24 Apr 18 11:56
mr henry or my dyson have been at work in jacks head
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Apr 18 11:59
It's pretty clear that Jack is going to give chances.  Big Hram needs to be a bit more clinical than he was there, though.
By:
dlarssonf
bingham had a bet on that frame on jack
By:
bobby 1
ExcitedExcited
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 24 Apr 18 12:06
stooert bingham
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 24 Apr 18 12:06
Grin what an ambassador for the game
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 24 Apr 18 12:12
near jaw bucket!
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 24 Apr 18 12:24
another near jaw bucket
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Apr 18 12:25
Big Hram  Cry
By:
jed.davison
When: 24 Apr 18 12:26
Bingham is such a hacker. How did he ever win this comp?
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 24 Apr 18 12:39
this is the ultimate mug fest so far
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 24 Apr 18 12:44
bingham just got chinned
By:
jed.davison
When: 24 Apr 18 12:44
Shocking darts