Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gentlemanjohn
11 May 16 13:46
| Topic/replies: 3,361 | Blogger: gentlemanjohn's blog
http://www.worldsnooker.com/snooker-shoot-out-becomes-ranking-event/

Where does it end?
Pause Switch to Standard View Snooker Loopy
Show More
Report Alec Eiffel May 11, 2016 3:04 PM BST
Really appalling decision by BH. While the Shootout probably has a place (no particular fan of it myself but each to their own and I can see how it might help to introduce the game to a wider audience) to suggest that it has any of the credibility that one associates with a ranking tournament is idiotic. Bazza seems determined to dumb down the game regardless of what might be lost along the way and for me the shootout is the very antithesis of what the game should be about - patience, applying pressure, tactics, accuracy. The Shootout is a circus - a pretty tawdry affair IMO - with zero intrinsic merit. God knows where the sport will end up at this rate.
Report Pandoras May 11, 2016 8:11 PM BST
Just his way of trying to force the top players to take part and take it seriously. As you stay a stupid idea, but for Heearn it is all about the money.
Report appformat May 11, 2016 9:02 PM BST
Ranking event? Laugh
Report BornToWin May 11, 2016 10:15 PM BST
I thought perhaps a link to Chas and Dave, which I probably would have clicked on.

I like attacking snooker, but this is a mockery.
Report YOMOMMA May 11, 2016 10:40 PM BST
snooker is dead for me now. ruined completely from a watching perspective - bucket pockets and a betting perspective - pot luck winners. a 1 frame tournament with a 10/15 second shot clock is a joke and i will never pay any great interest to snooker again.
Report gentlemanjohn May 11, 2016 11:16 PM BST
It's all part of a cunning plan - Bazza's revenge. Because he cant touch the world champs, he's trying to fck up as much of the rest of it as he can. Ronnie and Selby still wont go within a hundred miles of it, Robbo will have a right good moan and then turn up on the day.
Report gobelins May 17, 2016 7:37 AM BST
Shocking to think that somebody could lose a place in the top 16 or even their place on tour because they couldn't win a 10 minute knock about in a supposed "fun event". The top players could take a stand and boycott it en masse to make their point, but as usual they'll moan about it and then turn up. And, the winner may gain entry into the incredibly inappropriately titled Champion of Champions event, decreasing the validity of this tournament yet further.
Report moondan May 23, 2016 1:57 AM BST
Glad to see a lot of you guys are coming around to what I have been saying for years.

The barrow boy and his ginger tart are all the fanboys deserve.
Report RAPS June 26, 2016 5:43 PM BST
Barry knows

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com