Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
alun2005
08 May 16 01:38
| Topic/replies: 38,824 | Blogger: alun2005's blog
It's just possible this might have passed you by recently, but during the recent World Championships the BBC was showing "Crucible Classics" in the wee small hours for insomniacs.

One such 'classic' was the 1982 Higgins-Reardon Embassy Final. At the link below you will find 2 hours of highlights, and along the way hear the voice of a female commentator I'd forgotten.

An unforgettable final. In those days it was a Saturday/Sunday job, and Higgins was peerless on that Saturday night in a red shirt.

At the time of writing you have around 10 days left to watch this in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b078hzjm/snooker-world-championship-crucible-classics-ray-reardon-v-alex-higgins-1982
Pause Switch to Standard View A treat for fans of the late great...
Show More
Report thegiggilo May 10, 2016 7:03 PM BST
That opening ton was beautiful,they say o'sullivan is the most naturally talented player I always had alex down as most naturally talented,the shots he was playing were 20 years ahesd of their time some of the shots are so delicate you don't even see them today.Een though they both played knowhere near their best some of the highlihts were still top class,l;ike Griffiths said how did it take him 10 years tio win from 72 to 82 just seems impossible especially when this was knowhere near his best either.In saying that he threw the one against thorburn away by showboating,with his ability he should've won at least as many as Hendry..
Report jackkat May 13, 2016 9:58 PM BST
Is the lady commentator Vera Selby
Report alun2005 May 14, 2016 10:50 AM BST
Yep, but no relation I gather to the Jester.
Report thegiggilo May 14, 2016 10:51 PM BST
Watched this all again last night,never realized the first time round how high quality some of the breaks were that brown reardon knocked in down the cushion from the mofddle pocket was a monster clearance being 3 behind,some cracking breaks in the match.
Report moondan May 23, 2016 6:54 PM BST
Given the conditions of today the players of yesterday would be no different to todays  players.

Its such a shame we have had such idiots as Davis and his Parrot to mislead the young fans into believing the rubbish that has poured from their mouths.
So many myths in snooker and probably the worst is the 1st round at Sheffield was easy in those days. I never saw a rubbish player in the pro ranks and plenty got knocked out in that 1st round including Davis.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com