Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mincer11
01 May 16 20:37
| Topic/replies: 3,016 | Blogger: mincer11's blog
Talk about killing the game singlehandedly, what a boring player he is.
The people who run the game must be going crazy watching this shiite.
Pause Switch to Standard View Selby makes Dott look like Hurricane...
Show More
Report jackkat May 1, 2016 9:38 PM BST
Mr Hearn is well happy he has a zillion people watching in China loads of empty seats at the crucible obv some people did not fancy another Selby bore fest have to say I don't blame them
Report mincer11 May 1, 2016 10:00 PM BST
Win or lose Ding plays a good brand of snooker, the other guy is just a strangler and where on earth did he get the jester from leicester title, as he has the charisma of a turnip and as boring as ditch water.
Report pandora1963 May 1, 2016 11:13 PM BST
spot on, his style of play is fcking shocking
Report mincer11 May 1, 2016 11:19 PM BST
If this cockk is World number one then this game is in some state.
Report layingisthewayforward May 1, 2016 11:25 PM BST
If you didnt enjoy that last frame i really dont think snooker is for you.
Report pandora1963 May 1, 2016 11:29 PM BST
i dont mind long frames, but his style just grates
Report thegiggilo May 2, 2016 2:35 AM BST
Too much bottle for the likes of o'sullivan and the other also rans over this distance,far far to clever and bigger bawls...Cool
Report appformat May 2, 2016 8:05 AM BST
spot the disgruntled O'Sullivan backers.....
Report Howellsy May 2, 2016 9:28 AM BST
Total admiration for Selby; he was not born with the talent of Jimmy White, Trump or a few others but look at his results compared to theirs. I guess you guys prefer 20/20 to test match cricket too? This is test match snooker, the biggest test Ding has ever had or will ever have. I think he stood up pretty well to it so far but what can he find this afternoon? Epic stuff and enjoying every minute of it.
Report A_T May 2, 2016 9:32 AM BST
posters a bit hard on Selby here - he's not the most exciting but many worse than him. His main strength is his ability to hold concentration over these long matches. Ding is more talented but his mind goes walkabout too often.
Report ZenMaster May 2, 2016 10:48 AM BST
Selby is actually quite an attacking player but for his inconsistent cue ball control he would be making more frame winning clearances in one go.
So he reverts to his mastery of the safety game.

So what? True fans of snooker should never fans should be all embracing for Selby's craftsmanship of the game.
Hendry, Jimmy, Ronnie just want a potting fest, they should show the respect that Steve Davis shows Selby.
Report ZenMaster May 2, 2016 10:51 AM BST
I had to feed the cat halfway through that post and forgot were i left off, so accept my apologies. I will correct the flapddoodle line ....

So what? True fans of snooker fans should be all embracing for Selby's craftsmanship of the game.
Report gobelins May 2, 2016 11:34 AM BST
I couldn't agree more Zen. Before the Hendry era, this is how the top players played, and it's fabulous to watch. Players then didn't score the century breaks of today, but their all-round craft made their opponents work so hard for their chances. You see Selby winning playing like this (and let's be honest he can play better) and it should remind those of the opinion that today's standard is so much better than before, that it isn't - it's merely the way the game has evolved. Absolutely no-one will convinvce me that S.Davis wouldn't win multiple World Championships in this era.
Report A_T May 2, 2016 11:50 AM BST
Davis would win just as much in this era - as would Hendry, the best ever to play the game. Selby is very much like Davis - but not as good.
Report gentlemanjohn May 2, 2016 12:28 PM BST
I see where the likes of jimmy and ronnie are coming from. After all, lots of us wouldn't be snooker fans now if it hadn't been for alex and the explosive way he played. But snooker has always been a game of contrasts, that was the key ingredient that made it so great in the 80s, and watching higgins and white potting from every angle would have quickly become boring if there'd been no other standard to measure it against. It's disappointing that Ronnie, who knows and understands his snooker history, can't appreciate this. He should be focussing his ire on the likes of Murphy and Trump, and increasingly maybe even himself, for continually coming up short where it really matters.
Report mincer11 May 2, 2016 1:27 PM BST
The argument is  while it may be effective, it certainly isnt pretty. Looking at the bigger picture, this final is doing plenty of damage to the game
Report SabineIsGOAT May 2, 2016 1:33 PM BST
the hundreds of millions that are watching in china because of ding will outweigh the people that turn it off because they find selby boring
Report thegiggilo May 2, 2016 3:45 PM BST
Mincer this is one the greatest finals in the last 20 years,weill be remembered in decades to come (nap)!!
Report charwell. May 2, 2016 10:19 PM BST
Another losing bet thread for the O'Sullivan fan boys?
Report thegiggilo May 2, 2016 10:28 PM BST
The year just gets better and better!!!
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 2, 2016 10:30 PM BST
ZenMaster  • May 2, 2016 10:48 AM BST 
Selby is actually quite an attacking player but for his inconsistent cue ball control he would be making more frame winning clearances in one go.
So he reverts to his misery of the safety game.
Report thegiggilo May 2, 2016 10:35 PM BST
0'sullivan just texted said,well done Mark you dun im better than ya did me...Shocked
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com