Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
the stunning
01 May 16 00:52
| Topic/replies: 2,751 | Blogger: the stunning's blog
Really feel Dings time has come.After a poor season he is hitting form at the right time but of course Selby will try grind him into submission.Think Selby may feel the effects of his simi by Monday afternoon and with luck China will have its well overdue First World Snooker Champion.

Best bet 11/10 over 4.5 tons.
Show More
Report appformat May 1, 2016 1:34 AM BST
Selby should be fav imo, they were nearly double their starting prices..
Too much expectation on Ding, Selby has been there before and will handle the pressure better.
Report Addictedtowinning May 1, 2016 6:31 AM BST
A really hard match to call. I think based on this tournament that Selby is likely to give Ding too many chances and that Ding will win. But based on watching Ding in the early part of this season he is quite likely to start twitching if it stays close into the last session. Best guess is Ding about 18-13 but not a game to bet on for me. My main wish for the final is that Taylor does not commentate on the final session as his banality and ''humour'' are not for me.
Report gobelins May 1, 2016 9:00 AM BST
appformat - Ding was double Selby's starting price (22/1 against 10/1) as he was a qualifier, and had a possible route to the SF of M.Gould/J.Trump/N.Robertson. He was 11/2 to come through this quarter. However, Selby's hardest possible route was R.Milkins/M.White/M.Allen and he was 5/4. With the same draw, they'd have been around the same price, particularly given the possible question marks about Selby at the start.

As much as I admire Selby, for his grit, determination and will to win, I'm siding with Ding. He finally looks the part here, he is scoring very heavily and more importantly he looks happy and relaxed - which has very rarely been the case here. Against all expectations, having to play 3 qualifiers just before coming here looks to have been a huge positive for Ding, and he is producing his best sustained level of performance here. Obviously, if it gets close and Selby can keep the exchanges tight the burden of expectation may weigh heavily on Ding and Selby will exploit this weakness in a way most others couldn't. But, it's great to have a final were you can make equally strong cases for both players (currently 10/11 Ding v Evens Selby). Let's hope it's a cracker.
Report moondan May 1, 2016 9:58 AM BST
Not sure what we have been watching this past 15 days but it did seem they had the pockets more as they should be in the semi's but that is no guarantee Hearn won't order a potting fest for the final.

I have a saver on Selby but do not think I will need it because for me he has all the look of a player that has run his race this season and while some laugh at such a suggestion I have watched all the greats reach their peak and then a natural decline. He looks well into that for me.

Ding may even take this with a session to spare but hope not.

Hearn has his fingerprints all over this championships and I just hope that the fans have finally woken up to the falling standards that have been obvious since his latest take over.
Snooker is a great game that deserves every respect, turning it into a potting fest is not what the long term fan wants, that's for the kids.

Nice to see Hendry bring a touch of class to the proceedings, he shows with great clarity just how poor Davis and his Parrot really are.

Have a great final everyone.

By the way Ding was available at 28s, 27s, 26s and 21s.
Report stu May 1, 2016 11:41 AM BST
Great spot of course anyone who had those big prices, on either of these two. Lets face it 10's Selby was massive too.

I agree with the market view though, that Selby may not have enough left against Ding here - he's really looked rather tortured even while winning to get here. Ding could really turn the screw if he plays his usual game, and he seems very relaxed in comparison to Selby. I'm backing Ding with the spreads, as he might win by a larger margin than Selby would, who always seems to give the opponent chances to get back even when he wins.
Report SabineIsGOAT May 1, 2016 12:04 PM BST
Really hope Ding wins, should have won it a long time ago imo

Was expecting to see Selby as 1.8 fave though
Report YOMOMMA May 1, 2016 12:09 PM BST
I see it as the toss of a coin as most the matches have been. I expect it to be close all the way as neither player is likely to win by much of a margin. Boring pot fest with little skill involved similar to watching a pool game.
Report appformat May 1, 2016 12:23 PM BST
Bound to be some frames 'pinched', what with all the kicks & dodgy bounces. so probably value in laying the player who is in and with a decent break in the frame betting markets...
Could even be some 1.01 busted..
Report stu May 1, 2016 12:28 PM BST
The H2H is very interesting.

Selby won last 3, but all short formats. Overall very close record 11-10 for Selby.

Met in finals twice and Ding won both of those.

Met once in WC and Ding won that too.
Report stu May 1, 2016 12:32 PM BST
Odd they haven't met since 2013 either!

I think those finals and WC games are very interesting though in terms of psychology here.
Report YOMOMMA May 1, 2016 12:39 PM BST
BACK A 147. THE WAY DING IS SCORING HE WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY OR TWO. LEGEND SELBY COULD HIT A MAXIMUM ASWELL.
Report stu May 1, 2016 2:04 PM BST
Could be a skill fest or a mistake fest here.
Report appformat May 1, 2016 2:07 PM BST
yes, very interesting stats Stu, probably accounts for why Ding is fav today.
Report stu May 1, 2016 2:10 PM BST
Yep 2-0 in finals seems pertinent, though admittedly it wasn't a WC final.
Report ccd May 1, 2016 2:10 PM BST
DIng a big favourite for me. His pot success has to be way higher than Selby and his break building has been much better.
Report bobby 1 May 1, 2016 2:12 PM BST
Looks like I'm the only one on selby
Report stu May 1, 2016 3:29 PM BST
Took my medicine on spreads loss on Ding, not at this match at all. Sad
Report thepunter May 1, 2016 3:45 PM BST
Ding better finds a way to handle the pressure soon, or Selby will cruise with a massive lead after first session and this could turn into a no-event.
Report ZenMaster May 1, 2016 3:54 PM BST
Referee please stop the fight!Plain
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com