Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
alun2005
28 Apr 16 19:10
| Topic/replies: 38,816 | Blogger: alun2005's blog
WTF was that?

The Jester and Hong Kong Fuey were waiting to be called on by Rob and someone walks past with a load of hot dinners on a trolley.
Pause Switch to Standard View Meals On Wheels at The Crucible !!
Show More
Report ccd April 28, 2016 8:10 PM BST
For the Champions lounge folk? Are players allowed to have food? Wd be nice to see a big hot meal steaming away next to a player.
Report alun2005 April 28, 2016 8:51 PM BST
I like your thinking on this CCD. Players having meals brought out to them, maybe tucking into a full English breakfast during the morning sessions would definitely add something to the event.

Imagine the ructions when Player X goes back to the chair during the early rounds to find that a sausage mysteriously disappeared from his plate while X was compiling a frame-winning break. There's an entire Press Conference in that.

At the semi-finals stage, when each player has more space and privacy available to them there's absolutely no reason why they can't each have a designated dining area on the stage with well-equipped food and sweet trolleys, and champagne in an ice bucket.  They should be able to call a 30 minute 'timeout' per session to consume the goodies while the knowledgable Crucible audience applauds at appropriate moments.
Report ccd April 28, 2016 9:38 PM BST
Nice. Or maybe just a nice buffet for both stars to enjoy between shots. Cocktail sausage or cheese football after each contribution?
Report alun2005 April 28, 2016 11:21 PM BST
What I'd like to see is one or both of the finalists actually being allowed to have a barbecue beside their sitting area.

Imagine the fun the audience would have listening to JV and DT doing a running commentary on the miserable failure of player X trying to light the thing, or conversely mucking up the cooking time and ending up with burnt strips pf bacon and sausages which they'd then try and fob off onto the ref.
Report thegiggilo April 29, 2016 12:49 AM BST
Mark allen complaing there's only 9 roast potatoes on his plate and trump sitting their with his Kentucky fried chicken bucket..
Report ccd April 29, 2016 1:10 AM BST
I think Trump would anger his BK sponsors there!

I like the idea of big Doug Mountjoy dispatching a hearty shepherds pie, wiping gravy off his chin before lumbering up to the table and contentedly belching.
Report ccd April 29, 2016 1:14 AM BST
I think at the end of the tournament chairs should be set round the table and all the players and commentators could sit down and enjoy a big family meal together.
Report thegiggilo April 29, 2016 1:18 AM BST
Ding eating some Chinese delicacy,like fried grasshoppers on a kebab stick or Eddie Charlton slurping on a bowl of soup through his toothless mouth while the hurricanes at the table!!
Report alun2005 April 29, 2016 10:20 AM BST
Some fantastic opportunities for extra sponsors too. Think of the business from Ginger McCain's Oven Chips and Auntie Bessie Braddock's frozen roast tatties alone.

Are you reading Mr Hearn?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com