Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gobelins
27 Apr 16 23:40
| Topic/replies: 833 | Blogger: gobelins's blog
The latest outright prices are:

5/4  Ding
7/4  M.Selby
11/2 M.Fu
14/1 A.McManus

1/5 Ding    v  4/1 A.McManus
1/2 M.Selby v  2/1 M.Fu

I've got to take my hat off to The Jester. He hasn't looked right all tournament, and yet here is in the SF without playing anywhere near his best. He can't win it, playing another 8 sessions like that though can he? Maybe he can, we saw both sides of Fu in his match against B.Hawkins. After the mental turmoil he endured he is favoured by playing only 1 session tomorrow and Friday. I wouldn't feel comfortable taking 1/2 or shorter Selby on current form, and marginal preference is for Fu at the prices.

I didn't fancy Ding pre-tournament. His potential draw looked incredibly difficult, but he showed some real steel to turn around a 6-8 deficit to M.Gould in R1, after losing a frame with Gould needing 3 snookers. He then hung in there against J.Trump, and kept trading frames when in front, despite Trump playing the better snooker. He then opened up against MJW once he established a lead and scored very heavily. He should have too much scoring power for A.McManus, but if he doesn't get away early on McManus has shown that under pressure he can produce the goods (trailed 7-9 to both A.Carter and J.Higgins), and the level of expectation on Ding now increases massively. Ding has cracked at the Crucible numerous times when the pressure has been on, but that has been when 2 tables have been in operation and he hasn't coped with the claustrophobic feel of the arena. I'm hoping Angles can take stay close and then nick it late on, but Ding will never have a better chance to win the title.

But, whoever wins, the big question is - will the record number of centuries be broken? If so, it's even more proof of an unprecedented standard of play Silly
Show More
Report thegiggilo April 28, 2016 12:48 PM BST
It's pretty obvious something is going on in the background no doubt we will here after the events finished,i've never seen Selby look so subdued this tournament plus he always likes to have a laugh with the crowd even if losing or having a nighmare match he trys to lighten the mood.He hasn't been that person this year looking round,seems miserable as though he doesn't want to there,think we're seeing the opposite with ding he has looked like he wants to be there for a change..
Report SabineIsGOAT April 28, 2016 12:52 PM BST
Ding vs Selby final required to save some credibility for this years world snooker bucket championship

And even then Selby hasn't played well all tournament and Ding is at his lowest ranking in years
Report thegiggilo April 28, 2016 12:59 PM BST
As has happened in nuermous world championships the person that played the best snooker went out,Barry Hawkins played by far the best snooker if he'd had another 1/2 day off then he would've been in the semi final today and probably the final.If you actually look at the way Selby and ding have played strictly on form they should both lose,they both have to improve to win those semi final matches I'd expect ding to start playing better but wouldn't totally write Mcmanus off..
Report The Bhoys April 28, 2016 1:07 PM BST
Fair play to mcmanus beating higgins but higgins was woeful, ding shud win this easily
Report thepunter April 28, 2016 1:10 PM BST
Ding has turned the humiliation to have to go through qualifiers into high motivation to prove something. This is his years without doubt.
Report gentlemanjohn April 28, 2016 1:21 PM BST
"You're sitting at home watching and you're wondering why they're clapping because you can hear the applause and it's not for the table your watching. It's the other table!!"
No sh!t Dennis Einstein.
Report ZenMaster April 28, 2016 1:25 PM BST
I dont even understand the basis of that question. Better off playing those events in what sense? That he'd be playing better snooker now? That he'd feel fitter or more match sharp? It'd make some sense if he'd lost and was trying to make some sense of it all.

Selby was talking about playing ok in patches. Then Rob asked him the question........

Rob basically said ' Mark that was poor
Mark said 'In patches it was ok, but my focus was in and out'
Rob then said ' Should you have played those two events?'
Mark said ' Yup '
Report The Bhoys April 28, 2016 1:28 PM BST
LaughLaugh dennis is an absolute clown
Report gentlemanjohn April 28, 2016 1:31 PM BST
Hold on, earlier on it was "yes, possibly" and its now been upgrade to "yup". Big difference there. The first sounds like he's uncertain, basically agreeing with the interviewer just to end the line of questioning. The second sounds like an outright admission he made a mistake.
I think its impossible to speculate without knowing the issue, and i get the impression all the journalists are dying to ask him straight up, ok mark what's the beef with your unforced sabbatical, but are either much too polite or timid to ask it.
Report ZenMaster April 28, 2016 1:32 PM BST
I dont even understand the basis of that question. Better off playing those events in what sense? That he'd be playing better snooker now? That he'd feel fitter or more match sharp? It'd make some sense if he'd lost and was trying to make some sense of it all.

Just to add john, i imagine if it was anything too bad the media would have been more sensitive than ask Mark if he should have played.

Grin
Report gentlemanjohn April 28, 2016 1:32 PM BST
I love how hendry basically didn't give a rats c0ck about andy sullivan and his flight into space.
Report deadbrain59 April 28, 2016 1:33 PM BST
7.1 mcmanus,he came from behind to do higgins.ding silly price.
Report ZenMaster April 28, 2016 1:33 PM BST
His body language said 'yup' but 'yes probably' came out of his trap! ok?
Report gentlemanjohn April 28, 2016 1:33 PM BST
I answered that above Zen, but maybe you think the media actually know what the issue is and are not asking publicly on that basis...thats certainly possible i guess
Report ZenMaster April 28, 2016 1:34 PM BST
Yes probably = yes possibly= yup
Report ZenMaster April 28, 2016 1:35 PM BST
john

The snooker world is very small as moondan would say.
Report gentlemanjohn April 28, 2016 1:36 PM BST
Yup. I think i've possibly got it. Probably Wink
Report gentlemanjohn April 28, 2016 1:37 PM BST
So you're saying baiscally everybody knows except me Sad
Report ZenMaster April 28, 2016 1:37 PM BST
Laugh get on john! he is fine.
Report johnnythebull April 28, 2016 2:01 PM BST
ref should step in and stop this..total no contest
Report gentlemanjohn April 28, 2016 2:03 PM BST
To be honest zen i think selby could win the title with his b game, particularly if he beats Fu and Ding waltzes past Angles with a session to spare. I'd be all over selby in that scenario!
Report GRANTCKING April 28, 2016 2:17 PM BST
this is going to be an 8-0 session
Report gentlemanjohn April 28, 2016 2:21 PM BST
I love the way Angles flaps his arms and shakes his head fitfully after he misses a sitter as if he'd had another horrendous kick. Not even Dennis, who thinks every miss has to be a kick, was prepared to bail him out on that one.
Report peckerdunne April 28, 2016 2:26 PM BST
Wake me up when its over.Have a huge hangover, Barry Hawkins huge.Irish funerals are hard going i can tell  you.
Report deadbrain59 April 28, 2016 3:38 PM BST
5-4 would make it interesting.
Report thegiggilo April 28, 2016 3:52 PM BST
Another century!!Happy
Report ZenMaster April 28, 2016 4:15 PM BST
Ding could be Peking too early
Report gentlemanjohn April 28, 2016 4:28 PM BST
If Dennis is looking in, he'll nick that for the next session. Personally i think you're beijing a bit naive with that assessment, he'll coast home from here.
Report gobelins April 28, 2016 5:46 PM BST
Just imagine what will happen to snooker in China if Ding triumphs. The whole of the top 32 will be Chinese in 20 years time. Mao there's a thought.
Report appformat April 28, 2016 5:52 PM BST
If Fu can maintain his form from yesterday he's going to be very tough to beat.
Report gentlemanjohn April 28, 2016 5:56 PM BST
Is 1985 still the viewing record for a world final? Ding-Fu would surely smash that, even one of them alone would surely do it even allowing for the time difference.
Report appformat April 28, 2016 6:04 PM BST
their would be 100's of millions watching, John. so would be excellent for snooker.
their'd be massive pressure on Ding though..
Report alun2005 April 28, 2016 6:22 PM BST
I definitely think one of these Chinese lads is going to takeaway the trophy.
Report GRANTCKING April 28, 2016 6:54 PM BST

Apr 28, 2016 -- 12:22PM, alun2005 wrote:

I definitely think one of these Chinese lads is going to takeaway the trophy.

WHAT U DID THERE...I SEE IT

Report alun2005 April 28, 2016 7:08 PM BST
You miss nothing do you my old pal?

BTW, did you just see that person doing meals on wheels at the Crucible while the players were waiting to go on?
Report gobelins April 28, 2016 7:44 PM BST
A sign there from Selby, after finally getting perfect on the blue, that perhaps he is feeling OK afterall?
Report ZenMaster April 28, 2016 7:58 PM BST
Never in doubt gobelins, World Championships Semi-finals and people were wondering if he would be up for it.
He is still on his B game but i expect him to crank it up
Report gobelins April 28, 2016 8:04 PM BST
Fu needs to step up to the plate here, or this could be virtually over tonight.
Report thegiggilo April 28, 2016 9:02 PM BST
Selby looks exactly as I thought lethargic just like the other rounds,very poor..
Report thegiggilo April 28, 2016 9:02 PM BST
Selby looks exactly as I thought lethargic just like the other rounds,very poor..
Report gentlemanjohn April 28, 2016 9:09 PM BST
Shot of the championship sewn up.
Report gentlemanjohn April 28, 2016 9:35 PM BST
Guess the finishing time of this match:

00.25am Sunday morning.
Report thegiggilo April 28, 2016 10:27 PM BST
Absolutely shocking stuff,think I will give the nexty session a miss selbys playing awful simply no confidence and fus bottling it going to be same throughout match I think..
Report gentlemanjohn April 28, 2016 10:54 PM BST
Ding sitting in his hotel room all night laughing his @ss off. Finish off mcmanus with a session to spare and watch these two mugging it out into the small hours sunday morning. Luvvly jubbly.
Report thegiggilo April 28, 2016 11:04 PM BST
At least ding has played to a brilliant standard so far,but I imagine everyones waiting for him to have his usual nightmare..
Report gentlemanjohn April 28, 2016 11:27 PM BST
Yeah i think his standard will slip..i think it has to, but he had a good rest yesterday and there's a chance he mightn't even have to play saturday at all while Selby and Fu bust their guts seeing who joins him in the final. It's all set up for him if he can take advantage.
Report thepunter April 28, 2016 11:27 PM BST
Cant see him having a nightmare against mcmanus. Most expected the same last round, It never happened. Ding on a mission, nothing can stop him.
Report gentlemanjohn April 28, 2016 11:33 PM BST
Ding needs to win 11 from 16 frames tomorrow to get a free day saturday. Not that its a massive deal but i think it's a target he can aim at.
Report thegiggilo April 28, 2016 11:37 PM BST
Doesn't matter who ding plays if he has a nightmare he loses the plot completely as everyone's seen before,he has the opportunity to show some real class over the next 3/4 days though.Over these longer matches he should take all the beating anyway if he plays his best,selbys produced a miracle to get this far don;'t think I've ever seen anyone play so poorly and be in a semi final.If he made the final would be some sort of achievement playing like he is,fu has a fantastic opportunity to beat him..
Report wondersobright April 29, 2016 12:00 AM BST
cant see the centuries record going this year

18 more needed to get to 87...too many imo
Report thegiggilo April 29, 2016 12:09 AM BST
I'd expect at least another 2/3 from ding and be surprised if Mcmanus doesn't make a couple tables are playing so easy on those buckets there should be 5 in the other semi if thet play half decent so 8 in the final.Can't see that being beat but may get level with it...
Report ZenMaster April 29, 2016 2:24 AM BST
McManus needs the frames to go scrappy for session, the balls were landing perfect for Ding break building wise.
Selby grinding it out in Selby style, he has struggled with positional play, so God help everyone else once he cracks that!Grin
Report gobelins April 29, 2016 7:38 AM BST
You've got to remember that in 2014, Selby beat Robertson in a high quality, and mentally draining SF before meeting Ronnie in the final (who had beaten Murphy in QF with a session to spare, and then beat Hawkins in the SF with a session to spare). Ronnie was by far the fresher and got 5 frames in front on day 1, before Selby somehow got back to 7-10 overnight. A refreshed Selby then upped his game significantly on day 2 and Ronnie crumbled. Selby isn't playing to those sort of standards yet, but he hasn't had to. I suppose it all depends if he can. That said, Ding hasn't been McManus yet, they've only played 1 session and there is still an awful long way to go...things can, and often do change!
Report ZenMaster April 29, 2016 10:43 AM BST
Michael White nearly beat him in the first round that year as well gobelins, a last frame decider.
Then Selby beat Carter in the 2nd round 13-9 with only 6 breaks over 50 ( highest break 84 )
Then Selby beat McManus in the quarters 13-5 with only 5 breaks over 50 ( although 2 centuries )
Then he cranked it up against Robertson as you say gobelins.
The ground it out against Ronnie in the final.

So we know Selby doesn't need to play impressive snooker to lift the title, but to play sold match play and get into the mind of whoever he plays.
Ding will not have it all his own way if they meet in the final.
Report davyb April 29, 2016 11:09 AM BST
selbys game is all over place, if some one can just stand up to him then hes there for the taking, and on his day fu is that player, I'm a bit gutted as I was all over ding to win this last year and he got off to a terrible start against judd but if he brings this form to the final then even money is huge price
Report ZenMaster April 29, 2016 11:20 AM BST
Selby is not as far off his usual Crucible as people believe.
He has never impressed here until the pressure cooker is turned up.
Report gobelins April 29, 2016 11:33 AM BST
Zen - in 2014 M.White looked like one to follow, as Selby totally outplayed him, but White hung in, and hung in, before going under 9-10 - in a way he is totally incapable of now. Selby's match with A.Carter that year was closer than the final score-line suggested. It was a really hard fought contest but Selby was the stronger of the two in a tactically orientated match. If he plays Ding in the final it's a 50-50 call irrespective of their performances in the SFs. That said Zen, I do think he'd have lost in R1 or R2 against around 5 or 6 of the qualifiers playing the way he did.
Report ZenMaster April 29, 2016 12:32 PM BST
Good knowledge gobelins, your memory is obviously sharper than mine.
Selby seems to come into his own in final furlong, pushed along from a mile out but stayed on well gamely when challenged.
Report thegiggilo April 29, 2016 12:52 PM BST
Fantastic match Ding Mcmanus one of the best matches I've seen in a very long time,an absolute classic!!
Report thegiggilo April 29, 2016 12:52 PM BST
Fantastic match Ding Mcmanus one of the best matches I've seen in a very long time,an absolute classic!!
Report Biffo2010 April 29, 2016 12:53 PM BST
Ding back out to SP
Report gentlemanjohn April 29, 2016 12:56 PM BST
This is the reason i love snooker. It reminds me, in case anyone else wont, that for all the years i've been watching and trying to predict its varied outcomes, i really know next to fck all about the game. I really thought i'd never see those horrible fcking tartan trousers again after we waved goodbye to angles in 2014. Fair play to the lad, though, he's made of solid stuff.
Report thegiggilo April 29, 2016 12:56 PM BST
Chucked another £20 on Mcmanus at 100/1 as was my smallest loseralready in the match been incredible...
Report johnnythebull April 29, 2016 12:58 PM BST
great comeback..fantastic clearance that last frame
big question mark about Ding is his ability to handle pressure
if Angles can stay with him u just never know
Report peckerdunne April 29, 2016 12:59 PM BST
Ding should have him buried by now. What a clown.
Report peckerdunne April 29, 2016 1:00 PM BST
People getting caught up things.The reality is most clearly different.
Report ZenMaster April 29, 2016 1:08 PM BST
Ding was obviously elated by his form going into that interval but like a sugar rush were there is a high there is a low.
He will be no doubt frustrated by the Scot closing the gap to only two!
And the form of Ding simply raised the game of McManus.
A great standard of snooker scoring and just goes to show that they are all capable on their day, and being 45 is no barrier as there is very little between most players on the practice table, it's all about bringing it out on the day and these two certainly have.
Report gentlemanjohn April 29, 2016 1:08 PM BST
100/1 was a good price
Report peckerdunne April 29, 2016 1:10 PM BST
Jimmy White should be top 16 so.
Report peckerdunne April 29, 2016 1:12 PM BST
Patsy Fagan is yip free and smashing them in at home.
Report thegiggilo April 29, 2016 1:14 PM BST
gentlemanjohn
     29 Apr 16 13:08   

100/1 was a good price

Didn't have any option really as fortunes running on ding and Selby ew in final covered with fu and only had Mcmanus winning me peanuts if him and fu reached final so that's evened everything out for me now,i had £400 on him at 14s yeaterday..Shocked
Report peckerdunne April 29, 2016 1:15 PM BST
Nigel Bond must surely win a ranking event soon.
Report deadbrain59 April 29, 2016 1:32 PM BST
9-7 would be interesting.
Report YOMOMMA April 29, 2016 1:50 PM BST
I'm going to back Jimmy White to win it next year. Apparently he is buzzing in practice. He could win it next year, what's to stop him?
Report YOMOMMA April 29, 2016 1:51 PM BST
2017 Betfred bucket pocket snooker world championship final:

Jimmy White v Doug Mountjoy

It could well happen. Laugh
Report gentlemanjohn April 29, 2016 2:27 PM BST
Just looking at the last trick shot black by Angles there. Of course, the true Angles was Alex who never missed those pots when he sent them around 5 or 6 cushions. Alex really was Angles but i suppose the name hurricane had stuck by then.
Report peckerdunne April 29, 2016 2:30 PM BST
The inventor
Report peckerdunne April 29, 2016 2:38 PM BST
A century every frame must about 6/4..................

Cannon fodder from the comms again, oh my fab, amazing....record breaking........

T20 SNOOKER
Report thegiggilo April 29, 2016 10:57 PM BST
Ding looking like he did 7/8 years ago lovely cueing,Mcmanus kept him under pressure for most of the match very difficult to maintain that,probably one of the most enjoyable matches I've seen in years..Shocked
Report gentlemanjohn April 29, 2016 11:16 PM BST
Its a great match. Ronnie and Jimmy basically called it over at 10-6 but i think they're fools to do so. Dont know his safety stats, but i got the impression mcmanus safety just wasnt putting pressure on ding often enough, ding will pot all day long if you give him too many chances. Personally, i wouldnt call ding home until he pots frame ball to reach 17, so many times he looks brittle as fck.

Btw i'm probably wrong but i thought ding's swerve on the last red came very close to hitting the black there. Nobody said anything and they didnt show a replay...probably ok but my first instinct was it was a close call.
Report RothmanMike April 29, 2016 11:17 PM BST
Terry Griffiths said in an interview earlier in the competition that Ding was so devastated at his performance last year that he left his English base and went back to China for 6 months and never picked a cue up.Came back a new revitalised man only 6 weeks ago.Now refreshed Griffiths,who now manages him,said he was raring to go this time.So his poor results in recent times were just him building up confidence for the big event.
Report thegiggilo April 29, 2016 11:36 PM BST
Had totally different demeanour in this match,he's just a class player on the one table format that's when he will play his best,doesn't look the same player from the last 6/7 years.He's also taking out a lot of those 40-50 tricky clearences under pressure,i thought he looked verty confident even when Mcmanus pulled it back and if he gets through I can't see Selby or fu playing as well as Mcmanus has.Just those last couple of frames a couple of twitches and he couldv;'e been just 2 behind,this match will be far better than the final....
Report gentlemanjohn April 29, 2016 11:37 PM BST
I'm not yet convinced selby will get past fu, but if he does i'm fairly certain he would turn ding's brain to mush in the final.
Report thegiggilo April 29, 2016 11:51 PM BST
Not the same ding though is it,totally different player everything in his demeanour is totally different I saiod a week ago ding can play all day long he looks like he could outstay the rest,think most of these look played out to me and selbys just been awful the whole tournament.If he were to win it this year playing like he has,would be unbelievable he's done absolutely nothing in his matches he's been lucky that they've played equally as bad against him..
Report gentlemanjohn April 29, 2016 11:58 PM BST
Wouldnt dispute a word of that...but when i read gobelins earlier post about selby in 2014, it was remarkable how many similarities there are between then and now in the way selby is progressing through the rounds. Sure, i dont recall him playing this bad 2 years ago, but still if he gets to the final he's the one who's been there and done it. A water tight safety game is the key to beating Ding i reckon and think selby will bring better safety than mcmanus. Anyway, i'm still not ruling out Fu-McManus final the way things are going...
Report thegiggilo April 30, 2016 12:43 AM BST
Don't think you can win on those tables over long matches without scoring heavily,the pockets are absolute buckets so if ding gets through to the final the other finalist will have to score on those tables.Alan Mcmanus has taken loads more 50/50s on because he knows you can't win just by keeping it tight,it's a potters delight that's probably why fu has a decent chance..
Report gobelins April 30, 2016 9:50 AM BST
Maybe thing are falling for Selby, as Fu now has the major problem of a repaired or new tip. Selby was definitely playing better in 2014, but there is something hugely appealing about seeing someone like him, digging in and fighting for every point in a way most of today's top players can't. Even if he scrambles past Fu 17-16 at midnight, it's an even call should he meet  Ding, no matter how well Ding is scoring, and the market will reflect that. We've all bemoaned the lack of mental strength in the modern player, but Selby is THE exception, and that counts for so much here. Zen is convinced there are no (major) problems away from the table, but even if there aren't - his form just hasn't been there. Can he win a World Championship on grit, determination and a sound tactical game alone? We are about to find out.
Report appformat April 30, 2016 9:56 AM BST
Selby been here before, he'll grind Fu down, then do the same to Ding in the Final.
Report gentlemanjohn April 30, 2016 10:16 AM BST
McManus has surprised me with some of the ludicrous pots he's taken on even though his long pot % is ok i think. The one he took, long and straight, which he tried deep screw back to baulk - a shot he just cannot play, and i think it cost him the frame. If Ding pots you into oblivion then so be it, but dont present to him gift wrapped on a platter. 50/50 shots are ok...not 20/80 ones.

Gobe..am with you 100 per cent. I've been a bit slower than most to appreciate selby's qualities, probably because he just looks so ordinary so much of the time, but am gaining a whole new level of appreciation for him these past two weeks. The stats say he cant win here - high break 69, long pot success 52%...but his safety is 85% and he just seems to have this thing of dragging others down to his level when he's playing badly. Must be a nightmare to play at times.
Report Addictedtowinning April 30, 2016 10:26 AM BST
If either of these two play like this in the final then Ding will have too many chances not to win. Also this rubbish will probably not finish until 3 a.m. which will help Ding or MacManus ( if Ding chokes ).
Report ZenMaster April 30, 2016 12:45 PM BST
Selby just getting going now!Laugh
Report thegiggilo April 30, 2016 5:30 PM BST
Dinghy!Cool
Report gobelins April 30, 2016 5:44 PM BST
gentlemanjohn - you're right, Selby does look ordinary most of the time, doing just enough to win. For the world number 1 (and he has ended the last 4 seasons at number 1), and a player who gives his all in every event, it is very surprising that he has only won 6 ranking events in his  career. He often gets to the latter stages of events but his conversion rate is very poor for someone of his standing. And, although his game looks suited to longer matches, his record here is hit and miss, and he has an exceptionally good record in the PTC events (best of 7s). That frame he had against Fu to make it 12-12 was an extreme example - but he gets involved in so many of those type of frames, that are instantly forgettable but chalked up on his side of the scoreboard. With all the qualities he has, when he does start scoring he is a formidable opponent, but at the moment he's having to scrap for everything. And, if anyone can win here playing like this he can.

I hope a few of the top players saw A.McManus's interview after losing to Ding. He was genuinely disappointed to lose, and this is someone who was 500/1 pre-tournament and given almost no chance by anyone. He appreciates that this is Sheffield, this is the World Championships, and winning and losing here matters, or should matter, more than everywhere else put together.
Report gentlemanjohn April 30, 2016 5:52 PM BST
Gobe, during one of those "fun" items on bbc one of the afternoons, one of the players was asked which player had one most ranking event matches this season. I was amazed that the answer was selby and without checking the stats, i'm still totally flummoxed by it. It's things like that that throw me and make me ask what all the other wasters, with all their prodigious talent, are doing sometimes.

Enjoyed this mornings session immensely but vintage snooker it was not. Ding is away to have a good rest and get fresh for tomorrow, or else he has the whole evening to stew and think about the enormous pressure he will face. Two ways of looking at it perhaps...
Report gobelins April 30, 2016 6:17 PM BST
I didn't know that gj, but if you'd asked me the question, I wouldn't have had a clue who it was. With Selby withdrawing from 2 events and not making the final of any of those he played in, I wouldn't have expected it to be him. But, I suppose it re-iterates the fact that he is very consistent but not a prolific winner.

Regarding Ding - we've talked a few times about the possibility of the Chinese dominating snooker, and if/when this is likely to be. Can you imagine what a Ding win will do for snooker over there? There'll be 5 year old kids fed it morning, noon and night - if they aren't already.
Report gentlemanjohn April 30, 2016 6:52 PM BST
I'd have guessed robertson probably, given he seems to be as consistent as most, but selby wouldn't have been among my first 10 guesses. I'm still wondering whether the bbc made a mistake with the question....

I can't imagine that gobe, in the medium-term i expect it will create options and a new dynamic as to how the tour is structured and where the power base lies. Interesting times ahead anyway. I wonder whether being thousands of miles away shields Ding from the obvious hype that's building up over there or whether he'll feel all the pressure and expectation bearing down upon him. Hasn't yet I suppose, but there's still time isn't there?
Report thegiggilo April 30, 2016 7:07 PM BST
Trainy you about?You back the racing picks on puntersmate..
Report gobelins April 30, 2016 7:28 PM BST
I think Ding will be under huge pressure over the next 2 days. I'm sure there are numerous Chinese journalists in Sheffield following this, but he does live there so at least he will get some shelter. He's obviously going to be fresher than tonight's winner, but I'll bet he wants Fu rather than Selby in the final.
Report wondersobright May 1, 2016 1:42 PM BST
giggilo...you were right about the centuries

thought the record was out of reach after the QFs but they only need 6 more in the final so should have sewn it up after the 1st day if not the 1st sessionLaugh
Report thegiggilo May 3, 2016 12:52 AM BST
thegiggilo     29 Apr 16 00:09   

I'd expect at least another 2/3 from ding and be surprised if Mcmanus doesn't make a couple tables are playing so easy on those buckets there should be 5 in the other semi if thet play half decent so 8 in the final.Can't see that being beat but may get level with it...

They levelled it the Almanack was perfect for the 2 weeks...Cool

wondersobright     29 Apr 16 00:00   

cant see the centuries record going this year

18 more needed to get to 87...too many imo
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com