Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gobelins
26 Apr 16 19:58
| Topic/replies: 833 | Blogger: gobelins's blog
During the Fu v Hawkins session he said the classic line "you can't win the match in the 1st session, but you can sure lose it". John this isn't the 1st round of The Open, this is a snooker match were 1 player wins and 1 loses.

I don't mind Parrott in the studio, but in the commentary box, he's always so clever after the event. Tonight, in the opening frame of the Ding v Williams match he said "there was an inevitability about Ding clearing the table". If it was so inevitable, why didn't you tell us when Ding was on 16 instead of 90?
Show More
Report gentlemanjohn April 26, 2016 10:41 PM BST
He actually seems like a decent lad to go for a pint with which pains me to say that i think he's poor on tv, lazy and cliche ridden analysis, knows the game but doesn't challenge himself and is happy just to toe the official WS/BBC line.
Report thegiggilo April 26, 2016 10:46 PM BST
Cannot stand him same old lines every year a right bore,the amount of times I've heard him say that's the best session of snooker I've ever seen must be in treble figures
Report FatherMaguire April 26, 2016 10:58 PM BST
Parrott not the worst of the BBC bunch, but I almost exclusively watch Eurosport these days - would only flick over to BBC during adverts in the hope of catching Davis or Hendry
Report wisewords April 26, 2016 11:09 PM BST

Apr 26, 2016 -- 4:58PM, FatherMaguire wrote:

Parrott not the worst of the BBC bunch, but I almost exclusively watch Eurosport these days - would only flick over to BBC during adverts in the hope of catching Davis or Hendry

feel sorry for you having to listen to so much Colin Murray rubbish

Report gentlemanjohn April 26, 2016 11:14 PM BST
I flick over to eurosport occasionally to hear jimmy or foulds afterwards, both very good, but i watched a bit of Fu/Hawkins earlier and caught this monstrosity from Phil Yates: "The Hawk is flapping his wings trying to get off the ground, but as of yet he hasn't got airborne." I bet Phil avoids the late night pints with the lads so he can get back to his hotel room and come up with more lines like that he can insert into his commentary. Painful stuff.
Report moondan April 27, 2016 5:28 AM BST
Parrot is bought and paid for by Davis and Hearn

Everybody knows what I think of Davis and his Parrot and hope to live long enough to see snooker in better hands.

I think they shame themselves with contradictory comments and am certain they would make better toilet attendants.

Snooker is a serious sport with plenty of serious fans who would enjoy a properly considered opinion and over years these two have failed miserably in that.
Hendry outclassed them on the table and he is doing just in the commentary box and studio.
Report crepello April 27, 2016 6:41 AM BST
Spot on Moondan - Hendry in a class of his own ....
Report gobelins April 27, 2016 7:35 AM BST
gentlemanjohn - Phil Yates is horrendous. A good writer about the game, although he tends to litter his work with facts that don't seem particularly relevant. Can you imagine him and Dennis doing the commentary together Scared

At that point I would request the guillotine.
Report ZenMaster April 27, 2016 3:04 PM BST
Phil Yates just now....

'This is Marco Fu and not Bill Murray but this is still Groundhog Day'Grin
Report gentlemanjohn April 27, 2016 3:33 PM BST
Given how congested teh community has become, its vital for every snooker commentator to carve out a niche for himself. Phil has obviously cornered the terrible metaphor market all for himself.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com