Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
the stunning
24 Apr 16 22:02
| Topic/replies: 2,751 | Blogger: the stunning's blog
Is he a more mature player now than in 2011? No for me.he behaves like a spoilt teenager resorting to Twitter during the interval to have a pop at a fellow pro,then talks of giving players a head start to give them a chance.Joking he may be but the last joke is on him.Very easy to dislike and unless he changes his attitude pretty quick there is no way he will ever become a World Champion.
Pause Switch to Standard View Judd Trump A Wasted Talent
Show More
Report ZenMaster April 24, 2016 10:40 PM BST
Not many would disagree with you.
Report moondan April 25, 2016 12:20 AM BST
I would not put my life on him losing tomorrow, he can reel of the frames so quickly but immature ? most definitely.

I think its difficult for him because they are all potting what seem quite wide and perhaps a tighter table would help.
Report eyeball April 25, 2016 1:16 AM BST
he needs to hit the balls a bit harder
Report thegiggilo April 25, 2016 1:21 AM BST
Every year I watch him he reminds me of jimmy white in his first world final against davis you watxh how white played then very similar so he's basically still playing like a teenager,what will happen is he will have to wait till he's in 30s when he's learnt a few more lessons the hard way..
Report ZenMaster April 25, 2016 9:24 AM BST
Moondan

Why would a tighter table help Judd over Ding?

Would it help Judd's inferior positional play?

You do border on ridiculous from time to time.
Report gentlemanjohn April 25, 2016 12:06 PM BST
I'd like to see Judd work with Hendry, he obviously has issues accepting criticism from "lesser" talents, but maybe he'd listen to Hendry. A 15 minute interval pep talk from the GOAT mightn't be as entertaining as checking out yoru latest twitter feed, but he might find it helps him focus a little better on winning matches.
Report The Bhoys April 25, 2016 1:07 PM BST
Great talent but to flash, trys to pot everything, when comes of brilliant when doesnt he looks like an absoloute mug
Report peckerdunne April 25, 2016 1:25 PM BST
He is a t wat, old enough now to know better.

He should talk to people Joe Perry and learn some humility.
Report alfee April 25, 2016 1:27 PM BST
If judd wins 2 0utta the next 3 frames, fancy him ta win .
Report Howdi April 25, 2016 3:36 PM BST
trump's problem - he aint very bright.
Report Howdi April 25, 2016 3:37 PM BST
could be the end of naughty snooker ?
Report ZenMaster April 25, 2016 4:31 PM BST
More numpty than naughty!
Report YOMOMMA April 25, 2016 5:26 PM BST
Hardly a wasted talent - Has won the UK Championship and has the best haircut on the circuit.
Report moondan April 25, 2016 5:50 PM BST
Zen,

Tighter pockets my curb his stupidity, he is an enormous talent.

Gentlemen,
Could not agree more. Listen to Hendry and close his ears to Hearn who urges Trump on to try the ridiculous.
Report appformat April 25, 2016 5:55 PM BST
he'll be a much bigger threat when he's in his 30's imo.
Report ZenMaster April 25, 2016 6:02 PM BST
Moondan

Tighter pockets would only frustrate him further.
His thump is a product of the evolution of the modern game.
Report moondan April 25, 2016 6:08 PM BST
Zen,

I mean this in the kindest way, you have a reply for everything but the answer to nothing.  Stop trying to bait me.LaughLaughLaughLaugh I will not be goaded but keep tryingLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report ZenMaster April 25, 2016 6:26 PM BST
I didn't know an answer was required moondan.
I must have missed the questionGrin

A potter wants tighter pockets, because it would become more tactical, just what a potter needs!LaughLaugh
Report trebor April 25, 2016 6:37 PM BST
When Judd was winning things in his teens he had a really good all-round game, he would win something like the English under 18's at about 15 years of age, then play in the Sunday KO at Keynsham the following weekend and play a below average club player giving them 40 start, and treat them with the utmost respect.

This naughty snooker never really started until he moved to London and started practicing with Ronnie, then later with Jack.

I get so frustrated watching him play these stupid, thoughtless shots, snooker wise he has gone off the rails, he will regret it one day, mean time I feel more for Steve (his Dad) who has given him every opportunity for the last 20 years, he knows just what Judd is capable of and must be mega frustrated with Judd's change in approach to the game.
Report ZenMaster April 25, 2016 6:55 PM BST
Last year was a great opportunity for Judd and that hurt him.
Any potential champion should have gone away to assess where it went wrong.

It would have been obvious to those close to him that more care and attention was needed in the first session particularly.
Too many times he uses the first session as a loosener, believer he has what it takes to claw it back.

So what does he do this year, get's into a twitter spat at the mid session interval! ends the session 6-2 down.

Judd is plank, who is obsessed with the glory shot.
A poor mans Jimmy White
Report ccd April 25, 2016 8:08 PM BST
He has said himself he likes being the underdog and hates being the favorite. He clearly has a problem mentally with the pressure of expectation. He is making a decent living. He doesn't have to be winning everything and dominating the game.
Report crepello April 26, 2016 10:07 AM BST
His positional play is poor - has to be continually retrieved by good potting - potting does not improve with age - he has become a major disappointment and seems incapable of change - he has plenty to prove now ....
Report johnnythebull April 26, 2016 10:13 AM BST
naughty braindead plankton
tweeting in the depths of the snooker ocean
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com