Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
the stunning
23 Apr 16 12:05
| Topic/replies: 2,751 | Blogger: the stunning's blog
Hope he makes a speedy recovery and is up and about by Tuesday week.
Pause Switch to Standard View Dennis Taylor
Show More
Report appformat April 23, 2016 12:47 PM BST
yes get well soon Dennis.
Report Mavis "Hacksaw" Handbag April 23, 2016 2:14 PM BST
Grin
Report Pandoras April 23, 2016 7:26 PM BST
Thorne has just said he is perky and will be back at the Crucible Sunday or Monday. Having had my appendix removed i know the original poster is spot on and at least Tuesday week is required to fix it.
Report wisewords April 24, 2016 12:02 AM BST
what's the matter?
Report GRANTCKING April 24, 2016 1:21 AM BST
appendicitis
Report thegiggilo April 24, 2016 2:45 AM BST
wisewords
     24 Apr 16 00:02   

what's the matter?

Talking sh1t..
Report ZenMaster April 24, 2016 7:13 AM BST
Hope he makes a speedy recovery and is up and about by Tuesday week.

CleverCool
Report gentlemanjohn April 24, 2016 10:27 AM BST
Thought he was going in for a breathing op
Report gobelins April 24, 2016 7:26 PM BST
Thought he was going in for a breathing op

Like it GJ Cool
Report moondan April 25, 2016 8:39 AM BST
The liverpool manager had his done, he was back at work in 3 days and running up and down the lines in a week. Its no big deal unless they have burstScared
Report Howdi April 25, 2016 3:38 PM BST
^^^ to be fair Dennis is about 30 years older
Report gentlemanjohn April 25, 2016 3:44 PM BST
Now that the afternoon sessions are finished early I wonder is Dennis at hand to delight the knowledgable crucible audience with a selection of his funnies and finest trick shot routines?
Report appformat April 25, 2016 6:01 PM BST
hope he wears his famous upside-down glasses Cool
Report moondan April 25, 2016 6:03 PM BST
Gentlemen,

That brings John Virgo to mind, great player on the table and playing the crowd.

Seeing John now it makes me think he needs 10 ops , hope he is alright. Years ago he looked like a cross between a gypsy and a escapee from the Kray gang.  Lovely man and long may he commentate especially with Hendry.
Report gentlemanjohn April 25, 2016 6:36 PM BST
Virgo is my favourite moondan, ever since he did the alex impression, have had a great soft spot for him. He was always a friend to alex when few others woudl touch him, and didnt he also let Kirk Stevens live rent free in his house for several months? Got to be a saint to do that in my book. Virgo and Hendry is the ideal pairing. Maybe younger snooker fans dont appreciate him, but he always makes me laugh and Hendry is perfect foil for the serious stuff.
Report moondan April 26, 2016 8:26 AM BST
Gentlemen,

Absolutely.

Alex had another supporter in Ray Reardon who was often a shoulder Alex could cry on, in fact all the old guard did their best for Alex but the generation who came with Davis and just after were disliked by Alex but much of that was  booze induced.
As you know it was different then and as much as it would be nice to think it had not, this generation has missed out on the bbc's coverage in those days when players were interviewed much more  by David Vine throughout the days and we the public knew them much better. Of course Steve Davis did not join in.
Also Alex and Jimmy were pretty close and their escapades well documented much to our pleasure.
Report ZenMaster April 26, 2016 8:37 AM BST
Jimmy and Alex fell out before Alex died, charity was lost on Alex, did he appreciate anything in his life?
Alex seemed more likely to blame everyone else for his downfall than to appreciate them for their attempts to help.

Back to Virgo and his impressions, this would be one noticeable change. He would struggle to find anyone interesting enough to copy in todays game.
It would just be a 20 min slot of Ronnie doing his nails or Selby rocking from side to side.
Report gentlemanjohn April 26, 2016 11:10 AM BST
I'm sure jimmy fell out with alex a million times and made up a million times. I like jimmys quote thats used on one of the books about higgins. "i loved him, i hated him. I loved him, i hated him." Perfectly sums up the conflicting emotions alex inspired in those closest to him. It was hard to disown him, no matter how much he continuously tested your patience.

A good modern impression i think would be a speeded up robertson walking around the table 20 times, looking at every angle on the table before nestling the cue ball up against the pack. The difference with impressions now is they would be highly satirical unlike the funny but affectionate ones Virgo did 30 years ago.
Report winsamsoon April 27, 2016 10:08 AM BST
He's BBAAACCKK!!!
Report gentlemanjohn April 27, 2016 10:37 AM BST
Still not quite feeling himself yet, three frames in and he still hasnt told us how he came up with the nickname sat nav selby.
Report winsamsoon April 27, 2016 10:48 AM BST
There you are GJ, now he's fully back
Report gentlemanjohn April 27, 2016 10:49 AM BST
Cry
Report Alec Eiffel April 27, 2016 11:17 AM BST
Deaf as well as blind!!
Report BornToWin April 30, 2016 8:17 PM BST
Parrott and Dennis Jesus wept, straight over to Eurosport. But I can't stand the baldness advert that comes on after every frame.

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
Report the stunning April 30, 2016 8:29 PM BST
I feel your pain Born,was really looking forward to this evening....all spoiled by having to listen to this clown Taylor waffle on endlessly,Parrott is ok by me but sweet lord how is Taylor still getting this gig.Really enjoyed Willie and JV this morning and was hoping they would get this evening Sad
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com