Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Breedingmad
09 Mar 16 21:50
| Topic/replies: 21,496 | Blogger: Breedingmad's blog
Hotel for the night!..On homeless program BBC.1.
Pause Switch to Standard View Willie Thorne bottles it!
Show More
Report cooperman12 March 10, 2016 4:40 AM GMT
Stitched a mate up for over 6k, google Willie Thorne, Mike Watterson. Nasty!
Report moondan March 10, 2016 11:15 AM GMT
Not nice but unfortunately gambling addiction is a serious mental illness and by far the worst addiction of all.

Addiction to drink or drugs has a finite cost but there are no boundaries with gambling.

I am not excusing Willie but the pressure to repay debts can cause severe brain trauma and is commonly associated with murder and certainly full prisons and family breakup.

I will say, Willie and his brother (now deceased) have been great servants to snooker in many ways and that should not be forgotten.
Twice, Willie has lost his club and his brother has bailed him out but his illness was such the next calamity was just around the corner.

No doubt in my mind he was the first of the great breakbuilders but on the competition table too much money was always at risk and it was that risk that made him a complete under achiever in winning titles.

I once wrote to him at sheffield and several weeks later I received a reply and a few days after that a telephone call, not many would have gone to that trouble.
Whatever his problems in health or debt, I hope he defeats his demon's and he is in the commentary box at Sheffield.
Report cooperman12 March 10, 2016 2:40 PM GMT
Maybe you could write to him again Moondan and ask him to square his debt, i know exactly how Watterson feels having been done for a figure not too far off his, you wake up every morning consumed with anger!
Report ZenMaster March 29, 2016 3:43 PM BST
All debts are statued barred after 6 years, i wonder if Willie has used this line with his lenders.

Certainly an emotional wreck is Willie, childhood problems once again at the helm of addiction, like many an addict, many a dysfunctional, many a homeless, many a lost soul.
Report stu April 2, 2016 7:25 PM BST
If any forum should understand gambling addiction and compulsion it should be on here. Not something that can just be 'stopped' simply and awful consequences at times for all involved.
Report flag of goats August 5, 2016 10:33 PM BST
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/willie-thorne-bankrupt-after-borrowing-1m-...
Report peckerdunne August 23, 2016 11:28 PM BST
As Zen touched on(forgive the pun)Grin but addiction is just a symptom of deeper lying issues.
Report bearcub September 7, 2016 5:50 PM BST
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com