Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
paddletoe
08 Nov 15 12:14
| Topic/replies: 10,649 | Blogger: paddletoe's blog
You could hardly have envisaged this a year or two ago but hard to find two more in form players at the minute. I have my own theory that once you reach a certain age/stage it focusses the mind as every year could potentially be your last and your at a comfortable stage in your family life when your children are old enough that they can enjoy in your success.
Williams especially seems suited and enjoys these short format events. I would fancy Higgins more if he maintains his present form to be able to slog out one of the main longer frame tournaments including the world championships. He is also the better match player of the two.

Exageration to say they are both in the best form of their lives when they don't have a Hendry or a O'Sullivan to compete with.
Pause Switch to Standard View Higgins and Willaiams
Show More
Report paddletoe November 8, 2015 12:39 PM GMT
Just for the record I made that post when Williams was outsider in the last frame against Williams which he has now just gone on to win.
So get yourself in gear Jed and Angel (if your still reading this forum )Your never too old to make a comeback for that seniors event especially with Williams not eligible any more. If your both in as good form as you say you are I would fancy your chances against a lot of the players and if you could not beat Tony Knowles I would give the game up! Whether you could both perform the same on the tv screens as you can on the practise table is a question you could both only answer.
Report paddletoe November 8, 2015 12:41 PM GMT
Williams against Murphy was what I meant to say.

Things to do so feel free to reply Jed if you have the time and inclination.
Report pandora1963 November 8, 2015 6:57 PM GMT
Yoou and "JED" should get married
Report paddletoe November 8, 2015 7:37 PM GMT
Don't get jealous now Pandora. You know I admire you as the forums greatest snooker tipster. Your tip on Corbyn must go down as one of the whole forums greatest tips of all time. Even if you did take quite a few stabs at tipping the winner before you ended up tipping up him. From zero to hero in one bet.

However I don't think it appropriate to make sexual comments about two other lads on the forum! 

By the way anyone see that black ball "fight" between Bingham and Allen during the week. They both missed two chances you would expect them to get 9 times out of ten and before they missed another chance each they would expect to get 10 times out of 10. When Bingham missed the last chance which the betting would have been 1/100 the crowd gasped like I never witnessed before ever at a snooker match when a player missed a shot.
Report paddletoe November 8, 2015 7:43 PM GMT
Some handling betting on that final tonight between Allen and Day whose combined IQ in picking the right shot would be in the minus category and that's over and after the fact they have a the habit of chucking matches and throwing the cue at shots when they are snookered.
Report jed.davison November 9, 2015 1:53 PM GMT
I've only played once in six months paddletoe, haven't been felling like playing for a while. One of my erstwhile practice partners has been mopping up events on the veterans' circuit this year, he is a special talent even now.
Report paddletoe November 10, 2015 9:22 AM GMT
A little unrelated but there is a big incentive for very good amateur golf players in good physical condition to give the senior golf tournaments a shot for a few years once they just hit the qualifying age criteria.
I take my young nephew to golf when I have the time and caddied for him at a recent tournament. To my non expert eye there is not a big difference between club pro golfers and the professionals when you see them taking shots.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com