Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
paddletoe
03 Jul 15 12:42
| Topic/replies: 10,649 | Blogger: paddletoe's blog
Not seen every match in this Aussie tournament but Maguire trying his best to be diplomatic about the tables after his win but still giving the impression they are to terrible. Higgins was in the commentary booth during this match and commented he did not want to leave himself any shots along the black cushion as they were playing so......small. He said he could just roll them in dead weight and hoped they fell in.
Pause Switch to Standard View Who stole all the buckets
Show More
Report paddletoe July 3, 2015 12:59 PM BST
Personally don't see tables playing slightly different as something to be complaining about. It should not take the players much time to make slight adjustments to adapt to a table which is playing a bit tougher. Once the match starts the table cant change to its up to the players to make certain changes.
Report thegiggilo July 4, 2015 12:50 AM BST
When you're used to playing on the buckets takes a lot of doing to adjust if you're playing on really tight tables,my home venue was playing for a local snooker club which were standard sized club pockets.I also used to practise at a local bowling club on two old billiard tables as the pockets were the tightest I've ever seen or played,when I first played on them thought it was ridiculous,eventually I was knocking in 80 breaks regularly,would get back on the club tables and it was like playing 9 ball.
Report GRANTCKING July 4, 2015 8:28 PM BST
quality fred Cool
Report GRANTCKING July 5, 2015 4:03 PM BST
Report paddletoe July 5, 2015 10:32 PM BST
Kind of ironic I should mention Higgins comments on not wanting to take on any shots close along the cushion behind the black spot. He needed the final red along that cushion to win 9-7 but never looked like he fancied it all at and missed it. Gould made a brilliant clearance to take it to the decider. Cost me a few quid that frame. Was sure Higgins would play a snooker off the final red which seemed a far better percentage shot that taking the red on and hanging it up.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com