Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Pokermonster
29 May 15 23:57
| Topic/replies: 11,041 | Blogger: Pokermonster's blog
I was just viewing CCD's Alex Higgins video montage (see other thread) and was reminded of the match against Griffiths in the 1987 Masters (the one where a few louts ran into the arena at the end).  I searched around and found the full frame on at the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM8EuPYk8Yo

If you have eleven minutes to spare (it's an entertaining frame) have a look and tell me your opinion on the size of the pockets.  To my eye they look absolutely massive, much bigger than the recent matches that have caused such controversy on the bulletin boards.  I'm normally of the opinion that the pockets have remained fairly standard over the decades but these from thirty years ago really appear outsized to me, particulary when the camera captures the baulk pockets head on.  Any thoughts?
Pause Switch to Standard View Another quick comment on pocket sizes.
Show More
Report Pokermonster May 29, 2015 11:59 PM BST
Apologies for the typo.
Report Pokermonster May 29, 2015 11:59 PM BST
Posting from a mobile and have fat fingers!
Report trebor May 30, 2015 12:55 AM BST
I was searching for when the pocket templates changed to try and answer your question Pokermonster, and came across this footage of Joe Davis a lesson to a 17 year old Cliff Wilson you might like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4mxHNeLupg&feature=youtu.be
Report Pokermonster May 30, 2015 5:30 PM BST
Nice one, Trebor! 

Those old clips are always entertaining.  I never met Joe Davis, but from what I've read he never really came across as a very likeable character.  Rex Williams was another in the same mould for me, the few times I was in his presence he was almost comically arrogant and obnoxious.
Report Pokermonster May 30, 2015 5:30 PM BST
As opposed to Cliff Wilson and Ray Reardon who were always a delight to be around.
Report Angel Gabrial May 30, 2015 9:41 PM BST
The centre pockets looked huge to me PM.

What an excellent video Trebor! Cliff Wilson has a touch of MJW about him or vice verse. Delightful interview.

Fred Davis left me cold as a young autograph hunter.
Report bearcub May 31, 2015 12:52 PM BST
O    O    O   O
      /
\  / \   / \  /
\
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
█  ❌  ❌  ❌  ❌  █
██████████
Report GRANTCKING June 1, 2015 1:47 PM BST
a fred about bucket pockets Love
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit