Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sheppy123
05 May 15 23:23
| Topic/replies: 2,522 | Blogger: sheppy123's blog
I don't know about you guys but I find this really annoying. I can understand the need to show a player's reaction to his opponent doing well at the table, but if often goes on for ages. I feel like I'm having some kind of staring competition or something!
Pause Switch to Standard View Zooming in on player's faces for ages.
Show More
Report Angel Gabrial May 5, 2015 11:43 PM BST
Sheppy

They don`t zoom in, there is a cameraman with a chunky had held camera who scampers over to the player and sticks it near his face. It looks even more intrusive when you see it live.
Report Angel Gabrial May 5, 2015 11:44 PM BST
*hand held camera
Report sheppy123 May 6, 2015 10:28 AM BST
I always wondered whether the player was aware that the camera was on them??? So, going off what you said the answer must be YES. It must make them feel a bit uncomfortable??? Anyway, overall the way it's filmed is quite incredible showing you shots from lots of different angles. I just think that they sometimes overdo the amount of time we've got to look at a player's face.
Report Angel Gabrial May 6, 2015 10:38 AM BST
You have your two camera men positioned both black ball pockets, you have the remote control camera positioned pointing down to the table which is attached to the bracket which hold the light fittings and the roaming cameraman who sticks it in the players face. The players accept the close up camera as part and parcel of the tournament sheppy. When i went a few years back the black ball cameramen were getting much closer to the pocket than this year.
Report Angel Gabrial May 6, 2015 10:39 AM BST
Oh and of course the sweeping camera, high up that scans everything.
Report sheppy123 May 6, 2015 10:56 AM BST
Thanks for the info AG that was good to know. I think what makes things more noticable is the whole gambling element. Without this, I would just watch bits and pieces, not really caring too much who wins. BUT, cos there was money involved I was completely glued to the screen during a lot of the matches, especially the final. Bingham was like my best friend, and Murphy was my biggest enemy! So everything intensifies. A neutral wouldn't care too much about some of the petty things that bother me. Anyway, like I say, overall I can't complain cos the footage is pretty damn good. BUT, don't get me started on that annoying red button message that pops up on the screen.
Report gentlemanjohn May 6, 2015 12:08 PM BST
I recall a Steve Davis quote once to the effect if he wasn't playing in front of tv cameras, he didn't feel he was really playing at all. Some players visibly shrink under the glare of the camera lights, others like Davis simply grew into their element.
Report trebor May 6, 2015 12:08 PM BST
sheppy have a look at the 8 minute mark on here, there is a better example on there somewhere where the player changes his mind which pocket to go for and you get both camera's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as2VCBa15KA
Report sheppy123 May 6, 2015 12:24 PM BST
Thanks trebor. It's amazing what they can do with camera's these days.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com