Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
paddletoe
04 May 15 19:23
| Topic/replies: 10,649 | Blogger: paddletoe's blog
Over its actual value?
Pause Switch to Standard View How much would a table used in the...
Show More
Report Pokermonster May 4, 2015 7:34 PM BST
Not much (if any) would be my guess, unless you happen to find somebody with more money than sense.
Report paddletoe May 4, 2015 7:38 PM BST
Imagine if Bingham wins it would be something he would like to have in his snooker room at home assuming he has one.
Report Pokermonster May 4, 2015 7:41 PM BST
Indeed, and I wouldn't be surprised if he could easily arrange it.  When I was involved in the game buying the match table was quite a common occurrence, they didn't go for fortunes by any means and you just needed to know the right people.
Report paddletoe May 4, 2015 7:48 PM BST
Snooker doesn't have a big memorabilia market like other sports as the players just have a cue and one can last them a whole career. But if you were the one off winner of the world championship I could think of nothing you would like more as a keepsake than the table. Imagine it would be quite motivating to practise on too.
Report Pokermonster May 4, 2015 7:51 PM BST
Stephen Lee famously put his cue on eBay and the bids reached over £1500.  Some sort of legal case ensued, though, if I remember correctly.
Report trebor May 4, 2015 7:52 PM BST
There was someone on this week who have either the 85 table or the 85 balls used in the final wasn't there? can't remember who it was.
Report paddletoe May 4, 2015 7:54 PM BST
Was Stephen Lee caught trying to sell a cue he had just bought and passing it off as his match cue?
Report Pokermonster May 4, 2015 7:56 PM BST
I'm not sure, Paddletoe, the exact details of the case have escaped me.
Report paddletoe May 4, 2015 8:00 PM BST
I just assumed that was the case.
Report Angel Gabrial May 4, 2015 8:29 PM BST
I just assumed that was the case.

Did he sell the case separately then?
Report trebor May 4, 2015 8:35 PM BST
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27762274

Was'nt the only thing he sold
Report paddletoe May 4, 2015 8:36 PM BST
lol

Now get back to fighting your corner on the main forum!
Report Angel Gabrial May 7, 2015 9:17 AM BST
Imagine if Bingham wins it would be something he would like to have in his snooker room at home assuming he has one.

Bingham claims he `has his hands on the table used in the final`, he also wants the balls and the referees gloves. He wants to move to a new house with a room dedicated to the table. Who can blame him.

As someone who has played plenty of snooker on match tables, as soon as i walked into the Crucible theatre i was instantly taken away by the table. `it`s like the ferrari of snooker tables` i said at the time. Bingham may have some wealthy competition for  the table, but i hope they back down and let him buy it.
Report paddletoe May 7, 2015 11:30 AM BST
I would be very confident he will get the match table and the balls used on it. It would be wrong for anyone to bid against him if it was going to be sold to the highest bidder because it will always be worth more to him than anyone else.
Report GRANTCKING May 7, 2015 2:01 PM BST
he wont have to buy it surely? wont they just give him it, whats one table
Report Angel Gabrial May 7, 2015 2:22 PM BST
If they give it to him, then every winner of a tournament will want one. There will be a price, it`s memorabilia, a collectors item.
Report GRANTCKING May 7, 2015 6:47 PM BST
I wouldve thought star (is that the make) wouldve just said yeh f uck it, have it on us, are there really other people out there bar bingham who would want this? strange imo
Report GRANTCKING May 7, 2015 6:48 PM BST
anyway hopefully bingham will post a few pics of his new room
Report Angel Gabrial May 7, 2015 6:52 PM BST
are there really other people out there bar bingham who would want this? strange imo

Are you kidding? it`s a collectors item. Who wouldn`t want this table in their palace?
Report GRANTCKING May 7, 2015 6:52 PM BST
why is it a collectors item?
Report GRANTCKING May 7, 2015 6:52 PM BST
the only record he broke was oldest first time winner wsant it?
Report GRANTCKING May 7, 2015 6:54 PM BST

May 7, 2015 -- 12:52PM, GRANTCKING wrote:

why is it a collectors item?

bucket pocket special? only 10 made???

Report GRANTCKING May 7, 2015 6:55 PM BST
Laugh
Report Angel Gabrial May 7, 2015 7:47 PM BST
You could use the pockets as somewhere to hold your pot noodles Grant.Laugh
Report paddletoe May 7, 2015 7:53 PM BST
He will probably drop a few quid to a good cause in lieu of any payment. What one off winner would not want the final table in their snooker room.
If I won the lottery I would buy a vintage table but get a modern top put on it. An old snooker table is a lovely piece of furniture.
Report paddletoe May 7, 2015 7:56 PM BST
I was actually in a mens clothes shop recently and instead of decorating the store in the kind of retro stuff you sometimes see they had a full sized antique snooker table in the middle of the store. It looked class.
Report Angel Gabrial May 7, 2015 9:44 PM BST
Snooker/billiard tables are certainly aesthetically pleasing paddy.
Report GRANTCKING May 7, 2015 9:59 PM BST

May 7, 2015 -- 1:47PM, Angel Gabrial wrote:

You could use the pockets as somewhere to hold your pot noodles Grant.

HappyGrinLaugh

Report GRANTCKING May 15, 2015 11:56 AM BST
6.5k and 1k for the balls
Report GRANTCKING May 15, 2015 11:57 AM BST
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/32749968
Report appformat May 15, 2015 5:55 PM BST
probably a good investment, could be worth 10 X that in 20 years.
Report Angel Gabrial May 15, 2015 10:43 PM BST
The table price is close to the manufacturers price so he paid no more for that.
But he had to go through auction for the balls.
Report Pokermonster May 15, 2015 10:45 PM BST
I beg to differ, App.  I'm unsure regards the retail cost of the table as I've been out the game for many years, but as a ball collector I know Stuart has paid well over the odds for the match set.  Everything will depreciate in my view, only having sentimental value to Bingham for what they represent.  Good luck to him, though, it was a marvellous victory so can't begrudge the chap for wanting every possible souvenir.
Report Pokermonster May 15, 2015 10:46 PM BST
Our posts crossed there, AG!
Report Angel Gabrial May 15, 2015 11:19 PM BST
Hi PM, i thought that if the table had gone to auction it would have gone for a lot more and it seems so as the balls went for about 4 times the price.
They are beautiful looking tables and Stuart will be in heaven in practice with the generous bags.
Report GRANTCKING May 16, 2015 12:50 PM BST

May 15, 2015 -- 5:19PM, Angel Gabrial wrote:

Hi PM, i thought that if the table had gone to auction it would have gone for a lot more and it seems so as the balls went for about 4 times the price.They are beautiful looking tables and Stuart will be in heaven in practice with the generous bags.

generous bags GrinCool

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com