Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gentlemanjohn
03 May 15 15:46
| Topic/replies: 3,361 | Blogger: gentlemanjohn's blog
Smurph has two in there yet no sign of the long red he potted while bridging over the yellow in first round! Ten times the shot that the masse was!
Pause Switch to Standard View Shot of the tournament
Show More
Report YOMOMMA May 3, 2015 4:14 PM BST
Trump had 3 in there and could possibly have had 1 or 2 more!
Report gentlemanjohn May 3, 2015 4:22 PM BST
Yes and Bingham's escape from the snooker on the brown last night, the imagination to play that was incredible.
Report BornToWin May 3, 2015 4:42 PM BST
Do you mean the yellow john? The heavy side into the cush from behind the black, it was a beauty.
Report gentlemanjohn May 3, 2015 4:47 PM BST
Yeah that's the very one Born, memory's gone...think i've got the opening Murph shot wrong too! That bingham shot last night would have to be in any top 3 for me, not too many players would have conceived it, let alone executed it like he did.
Report Pokermonster May 3, 2015 4:49 PM BST
I liked Bingham's two-red plant which ultimately won him the match.  Not so much for the difficulty factor, more the creativity to see it in the first place and the manner in which it was played to still leave him in a great position if it stayed in the jaws.

A brilliant shot.
Report gentlemanjohn May 3, 2015 5:12 PM BST
Yes I liked that shot too PM. But how i would decide between those two shots? One of the beeb commentators actually called the plant before Bingham got down to play it, cant recall which one, but pointed out he could play it with a degree of safety in mind. But the escaped snooker neither had the faintest notion he would play it like he did, i doubt anybody in the audience or at home on tv could have called it either. A brilliant AND special shot.
Report Pokermonster May 3, 2015 5:15 PM BST
I didn't see Bingham's snooker escape, John.  I don't suppose you have a link?
Report gentlemanjohn May 3, 2015 5:26 PM BST
PM go to around 2.18:50 on the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QeXxvBOvUg
Report Pokermonster May 3, 2015 5:27 PM BST
Many thanks, sir.
Report gentlemanjohn May 3, 2015 5:28 PM BST
No worries, i have built the shot up so much it will almost inevitably be a let down!! But i think its a good 'un nonetheless...
Report Pokermonster May 3, 2015 5:32 PM BST
Yes, that is indeed a lovely shot.  Bingham seems to be able to think outside the box when needed.
Report Pokermonster May 3, 2015 5:33 PM BST
As Willie mentioned: very astute to play it in the only way that had a chance of leaving some distance between cueball and yellow.
Report gentlemanjohn May 3, 2015 5:39 PM BST
You notice even when he's down to play the shot, Virgo still has no idea what he's going to do. Not that I blame him, nobody else did either.
Report BornToWin May 3, 2015 6:09 PM BST
Actually it was sensational. The know it alls in the box (1 UK title between them) probably a bit miffed they didn't see it.
Report ccd May 3, 2015 6:18 PM BST
The plant was just great theatre - as was the escape to hit the yellow. Both will live long in  the memory.
Report ccd May 3, 2015 6:21 PM BST
I recall Stevens potting a ridiculous long red along the rail from being hampered by a baulk ball. That should be in there imo.
Report Platini May 3, 2015 6:23 PM BST
thanks for the link, that's the first I've seen that shot.

WHAT A SHOT !!!
Report gentlemanjohn May 3, 2015 7:05 PM BST
The thing is if you showed those two shots and somehow blanked out the players and you were asked to guess which of them played it, how many would guess Bingham?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com