Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
appformat
03 May 15 06:23
| Topic/replies: 2,213 | Blogger: appformat's blog
They've played each other 13 times, Murphy winning 10 times to Binghams 2, with one match drawn.

The last time Bingham beat Murphy was in the 2011 Australian Open, with his only other victory over him in the 2005 Grand Prix.

Bingham has done amazingly well getting to his first World Championship Final. But I just can't see him getting past Murphy in his current form.

Im expecting Shaun to dominate the match and show his experience of having been here before for a comfortable win.

My bet for the Final is Murphy -2.5 Frames at 5/6

Good luck

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 46  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 46 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,834
By:
ZEALOT
When: 03 May 15 08:03
Bingham  has been playing the best snooker of his life - o Sullivan and trump both beaten now just one more to overcome in arguably a lesser player ,  Murphy .

His calm demeanour has won me over and am definitely in his corner @ 2/1 .

I have also layed Murphy +1.5 frames @ around 2/5

Good luck
By:
gobelins
When: 03 May 15 08:58
S.Murphy left The Crucible in virtual disgrace last year after his total surrender to R.O'Sullivan, when it appeared as though he wanted to lose with a session to spare. I like Murphy, but his post match interviews following that defeat were a huge indictment on his attitude. However, since then his work with Chris Henry is bearing fruit (Murphy himself said he has worked on 57 faults away from the table regarding his attitude and mental approach to matches). His hammering of N.Robertson in The Masters brought him here as a major contender and, as winsamsoon stated on a previous thread, he seems really settled off the table - which hasn't always been the case with him. Although he remains suspect in routine safety exchanges were no apparent danger is evident, he is hitting the ball phenomenally well. If S.Bingham suffers any reaction to his last 2 wins, and starts slowly I think Murphy will steamroller him. I can't make a case for 2/1 Bingham at all, but then again I thought both R.O'Sullivan and J.Trump would beat him easily.
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 03 May 15 09:02
Snooker is not rocket science. Bingham is playing as well as anyone and making frame breaks with ease. Murphy backers will go the same way as O'Sullivan and Trump. Great odds to be backing Bingham at 3.1.
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 03 May 15 09:08
Looks like all the favourite backers will push Murphy to 1.44. I'd have him at more like 1.53. Bingham the value bet if he does go to 3.25.
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 03 May 15 09:16
*frame winning breaks
By:
winsamsoon
When: 03 May 15 09:28
A world snooker final is a one off event,  the value lies with the winner be he 1.44 or 44.1. You back who you fancy, they only pay out on one.
If you're looking for a bit of value, Murphy wins the first session 5.3 imo, I see 11/4,  maybe 3s when another few bookies price it up
By:
stu
When: 03 May 15 09:51
YOMOMMA 03 May 15 09:08

Looks like all the favourite backers will push Murphy to 1.44. I'd have him at more like 1.53

Crazy. Surely more like 1.54? Mischief
By:
stu
When: 03 May 15 09:53
Seriously though, I think Murphy is great value all round currently - If Bingham recovers fast enough to play his A-game then that is magnificent in itself, and even then he only has a lesser chance against Murphy who is playing some of his best game since he won the thing. If he doesn't recover and drops his level it could be brutal (as per Hawkins game in the semi). Allround I couldn't miss backing Murphy here.
By:
trebor
When: 03 May 15 11:01
A world snooker final is a one off event,  the value lies with the winner be he 1.44 or 44.1. You back who you fancy, they only pay out on one.

The result of this "one off event" will prove nothing about weather they where value or not, to profit you need to be correct about who is he value in many one off events.
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 03 May 15 11:19
I think god is going to win this fairly easily, bingham looked mentally exhuasted last night and god is plaing the snooker of his life
By:
BornToWin
When: 03 May 15 11:35
Indeed gobelins, look what happened to porky pig...
By:
pandora1963
When: 03 May 15 11:37
depends if the butcher can hang on to Muprhy early on , if he can keep tabs on him then he can guts it out and win
By:
paddletoe
When: 03 May 15 11:54
I don't see Bingham suffering any ill affects of his last two matches. I would not be thinking those two close games took anything out of him. I would be thinking those two close games showed how well he is playing under the occasion and enjoying the pressure of a tight match.
Murphy's long potting might give him the advantage of getting in but I would back Bingham over Murphy having to come from  behind to steal a pressure frame. That's what won his last two matches. He made a pressure clearance to avoid being 9-7 behind against Ronnie and he made several against Trump. He was hardly out of position in all of those steals.
Bingham seems to have this reputation of a bottler. To that I would say there comes time in most people lives when for some reason they just don't fear things. Bingham seems in that bubble. Going for that 147 against Ronnie showed that.
By:
pandora1963
When: 03 May 15 11:57
allen was the guy who called stuart a bottler , allen seems to have bottled a lot of matches recently
By:
jed.davison
When: 03 May 15 11:58
I pretty much agree with that, Bingham just flying. Haven't got a strong opinion on the game although I would be happier if Bingham won. Just hope it's a good match.
By:
BornToWin
When: 03 May 15 11:59
The satisfactory conclusion would be a Bingham win. The disciple has beaten no one, yes Hawkins is world no. 5 but has won nothing. At least Bingo took out the 2 favs, albeit due to their failings.
By:
gentlemanjohn
When: 03 May 15 12:01
Allen and Bingham, of course, had a very public falling out a couple of years back but I notice that Allen has been very complimentary over the past couple of days and that's good to see. I was under impression Stuart wasn't a popular guy, but the outpouring of good will for him among his colleagues suggests I was wrong. Very hard not to admire the guts and class he has shown over the past 4 days.
By:
BornToWin
When: 03 May 15 12:03
A massive LOL at Allen calling anyone a bottler.
By:
jed.davison
When: 03 May 15 12:03
Harsh on trump IMO, underestimated Bingham for sure like the majority of us, but showed phenomenal guts and spirit and class in that final session. I'd hung my hat on him, don't feel like he let me down, just the other boy played out of his skin. Things like that happen in sport.
By:
BornToWin
When: 03 May 15 12:14
Perhaps Judd's mental stamina not quite there yet, he looked like he was waiting to get into the final rather than taking care of getting there. This allowed it to be close, if he was mentally tuned in from the start he would have coasted it.

I think Hendo was spot on, like when he played Ebo there should have been no problem over that distance for Judd to win.
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 03 May 15 12:15
underestimated Bingham for sure like the majority of us

You can never underestimate Bingham. He is one player not to be taken lightly. He's won tournaments before and wouldn't shock me if he won today. My opinion is that they are both playing very well and it will be a close match.
By:
johnnythebull
When: 03 May 15 12:22
you've got a lot of faith JED if you think he didn't let himself & others down.he just hasn't got what it takes mentally under the cosh whereas bingham who has got previous in 'folding' seems to have had somewhat of an epiphany & growing in self belief which has translated itself in the pressure situations he has encountered.be nice to see him win-genuine down to earth guy but he defo can't afford to get behind the 8 ball early doors with shawn who could do the number on him that many were expecting the ace in the pack(joker more like) to do.hope it isn't an anti climax like the 'big' fight was.
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 03 May 15 12:29
Trump played some amazing stuff late on in the match. Just a shame for him he fell behind after the 1st session and was always playing catch up. Was 4 behind at one stage at 13-9 and did remarkably well to tie it up at 16-16.
By:
jed.davison
When: 03 May 15 12:34
As I said johnny, he did very little wrong as the match pressure was cranked up. You question his mentality, but he's made two tons at 14-16. Prefer to give Bingham the credit his incredible performance deserves.
By:
ZEALOT
When: 03 May 15 12:35
Judd has had many a frame taken off him when needing just 1/2 balls to leave opponent needing snookers after a 60+ break .
By:
gentlemanjohn
When: 03 May 15 12:39
Well said jed, i know you were balls deep on judd so very gracious of you to give Bingham his due, fair play.
By:
stu
When: 03 May 15 13:01
No-one else think the H2H for this one is also a factor? I know he was bad on that against Ronnie and Judd, but his H2H against Murphy is pretty one-sided, more than it was for JT. Ronnie result you could ignore as ROS did not play his game.

Looking at their previous meetings seems like Murphy likes playing against Bingham's style and he's beaten him quite easily at times. He won't implode like Ronnie did either.
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 03 May 15 13:04
Bingham is a much improved player over the past 3-4 years. How is the head to head for that period.
By:
stu
When: 03 May 15 13:10
Last 3 (since 2012) were 5-1, 3-2, 4-1 (most recent) for Murphy.
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 03 May 15 13:16
You have to give the edge to Murphy then really. Also have to take in to account Bingham's 1st time he's done so well at the crucible. I like guessing scores (and losing) so I'll go for Murphy 18-14.
By:
trebor
When: 03 May 15 13:16
We seem to have the final that was not possible on this "Burnout" tour these are two of the players that have played in almost every other tournament.
By:
stu
When: 03 May 15 13:22
longer formats slightly more mixed though, but they haven't met like that since 2011.

Bing did get a good win 6-2 in 2011, but lost 9-3 earlier in their careers 2007 over distance.
By:
tommo1000
When: 03 May 15 14:07
can`t bring myself to back god,he`s let me down so many times in the past,despite his seemingly good form the demons are always in his head,going for +50`s I think this will be closer than most think
By:
Angela Rebecchi
When: 03 May 15 14:10
Crowd would love to see Bingham win. Think he's been great for the game.
By:
appformat
When: 03 May 15 14:18
Shaun looks to be in the zone early..
By:
appformat
When: 03 May 15 14:20
market over-reacting a bit isnt it? 4/9 -> 4/11 for 1 frame!
By:
johnnythebull
When: 03 May 15 14:22
not a lot of lurv or respect from steve 'interesting' davis in respect of big stuart imho
By:
bongo
When: 03 May 15 14:34
Time for someone to put Taylor into care
'Was it a foul?'
By:
mikeycoxn1
When: 03 May 15 14:36
Taylor;

'Did he hit it then Steve?'

FFS Surprised
Page 1 of 46  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 46 | Next