Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Baulkline
02 May 15 13:15
| Topic/replies: 219 | Blogger: Baulkline's blog
Just switched on the TV to watch the snooker. Eurosport are showing Trump v Bingham Live (Frame 24). BBC are showing the Frame 24.
They are useless and care nothing for the real snokker fans.
Pause Switch to Standard View Shoud Sky screen the 2016 World...
Show More
Report Baulkline May 2, 2015 1:16 PM BST
Sorry, BBC are showing Frame 21. Whoops!!!
Report pandora1963 May 2, 2015 1:34 PM BST
yeah if you want snooker to die off completely then give to sky
Report pandora1963 May 2, 2015 1:35 PM BST
and saying they don't care about real snooker fans is the most imbecilic comment effort,, if it wasn't for the bbc snooker would never have got off the ground
Report paddletoe May 2, 2015 1:36 PM BST
It would not even be like watching the same tournament if it was on sky.
Report pandora1963 May 2, 2015 1:36 PM BST
even sky man Heern knows that snooker needs the bbc
Report pandora1963 May 2, 2015 1:37 PM BST
Hearn
Report pandora1963 May 2, 2015 1:38 PM BST
"here we are waiting for the final frame of the 2016 world champonships, lets so go for a three minute ad break , be back soon"...GET LOST
Report gentlemanjohn May 2, 2015 1:38 PM BST
Sky like to own the events they cover and make changes as they see fit.

To be fought to the death that prospect.
Report gentlemanjohn May 2, 2015 1:39 PM BST
Although no great kudos to the bbc, they killed the Uk Champs.
Report pandora1963 May 2, 2015 1:40 PM BST
no hearn did that John, by changing the formula and turning into a car park arena...
Report pandora1963 May 2, 2015 1:41 PM BST
snooker and the bbc go together like fred astaire and ginger rogers, totlly stupid to suggest they should go separate ways
Report gentlemanjohn May 2, 2015 1:46 PM BST
Not sure pandora, i like to blame hearn for anything i can, but the bbc in negotations insisted on the frames being reduced, that is verified fact. Maybe barry was happy to comply, though, that i can't say.
Report gentlemanjohn May 2, 2015 1:47 PM BST
But yes you are right, if it had to become a 128 man event, then frames had to be reduced, so a moot enough point by me anyway probably.
Report Baulkline May 2, 2015 1:58 PM BST
Would we have seen so much Football without Sky? SKY show tennis without any problems and they won't tell you to switch to the red button for the final set. BBC love to cut off the snooker once the game gets interesting as per last night.
Report pandora1963 May 2, 2015 2:06 PM BST
football is the national game mate,it was always going to survive. If you want a better indicator of the disaster it would be look at cricket and boxing. Both nowhere near as popular as they were when on terrestrial tv. And i don't want to see this great event on fckinv sky tv and adverts and turned into a fcking darts tournament. Is nothing sacred anymore or is it all about fckig money.
Report wondersobright May 2, 2015 2:31 PM BST
I like snooker on the bbc but they really need the red button to show BOTH tables when it is the 2 table set up, the current situation of only showing 1 table is farcical imo

as for the UK championship, it saddens me what they have done to that once great tournament Sad
barbican as a 2 table or 1 table set up is fantastic
Report pandora1963 May 2, 2015 2:33 PM BST
the uk has been butchered by hearn's obsesson to shorten matches. He hasn't managed in the world championships thank god , yet.....
Report wondersobright May 2, 2015 2:35 PM BST
best of 17 first round pandora Love I so hope they bring that format back
they can do what they want with all the other gash tournaments that aren't on bbc
Report pandora1963 May 2, 2015 2:36 PM BST
totally agree mate
Report trebor May 2, 2015 2:43 PM BST
The BBC coverage this year has been pathetic they deserve to lose it as far as I am concerned Sky do a far better job on all sports.
Report pandora1963 May 2, 2015 2:47 PM BST
not for me they dont
Report trebor May 2, 2015 2:51 PM BST
I don't think Sky would show ads mid frame so no problem with ad breaks between frames, what difference does that make? BBC switch between matches this year because they only showing one match behind the red button, and they show an hour some evenings and then show the latest edition of Dad Army !!
Report gentlemanjohn May 2, 2015 2:54 PM BST
Cant defend bbc coverage trebor, but i watched a bit of the world seniors on sky this year and it scared me how much control sky had over the event. Maybe it wouldnt be the same if it was the world champs, but i dont think i'd want to take that chance. Better the devil you know in this case for me!
Report wondersobright May 2, 2015 2:55 PM BST
I think the bbc coverage is better but yes they need to sort out that problem imo trebor
sky do the big events extremely well and ad breaks no problem for me as there is usually a break between frames with players going out anyway

there is something romantic about snooker being on the beeb, its tradition
Report pandora1963 May 2, 2015 2:57 PM BST
ffs sky have just nicked rights to the greatest gold event, leave some of the great events on the bbc ffs . Lots of old folk love snooker,they can't afford sky.
Report wondersobright May 2, 2015 2:57 PM BST
open championship pandora Confused tis sad Sad
Report trebor May 2, 2015 2:59 PM BST
Other years you have had the choice of which match to watch after 8pm but this year one match will just get forgot about.
Report gentlemanjohn May 2, 2015 2:59 PM BST
Its on bbc for next 2 years anyway i think, dont know when next rights issue will be held.
Report wondersobright May 2, 2015 3:00 PM BST
its been like that for a few years trebor, extremely irritating when you are watching the 'other' game behind the red button and then they switch to the game that has been on bbc2
Report Pokermonster May 2, 2015 4:18 PM BST
The BBC of today bears little resemblence to the organisation that championed snooker in its early days.
Report Senyatta May 3, 2015 3:16 AM BST
snooker is rarely reported on sky. used to be the same with f1.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com