Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Angel Gabrial
27 Apr 15 14:40
| Topic/replies: 22,888 | Blogger: Angel Gabrial's blog
Who will i be seeing?Grin
Pause Switch to Standard View I have tickets for the final........
Show More
Report jed.davison April 28, 2015 10:44 AM BST
Yeah mate I have thought that myself,  but had a huge pickup a couple of weeks ago and backed him with some of the proceeds. And OK the draw looks hardish on paper, but I have strong views about him v this guy and v Ronnie, so I'm reasonably happy wit where I stand, and enjoying the tournament hugely as well so its all good.
Report paddletoe April 29, 2015 11:17 PM BST
absolutely terrible draw for Jud alright - on both sides!

Rooting for Robertson for you tonight AG as I actually have been for the past week AS I am pretty sure you were hoping for a Robbo v Trump final to watch.

Bingham and Hawkins were deserving winners tonight but neither has the same pazzazz as Robertson.
Report Angel Gabrial April 29, 2015 11:33 PM BST
Yes Paddy, i would settle for Trump v Smurph. I doubt this will be Trumps last title so it will be nice in years to come to say i was at the first one.Happy
Report paddletoe April 29, 2015 11:34 PM BST
Fingers crossed you at least get to see the Trumpster. The other possible final is not worth thinking about!
Report Angel Gabrial April 29, 2015 11:36 PM BST
No, i am taking deep breaths whenever i consider that option. It won`t happen though.
Report Angel Gabrial April 29, 2015 11:39 PM BST
Plus Trump has been my pick from the start, and i haven`t traded out. So as long as he makes it i will be chuffed.
Report paddletoe April 29, 2015 11:39 PM BST
I would personally make the Murphy v Hawkins semi final very close odds wise although Murphy would seem more likely to win any single session by 6-2.
Report paddletoe April 29, 2015 11:43 PM BST
Have'nt had a losing day yet punting wise but I was so tempted to do something I have not done in a long time and put a very big ante post bet on Trump. The draw just put me off but I have only myself to blame. Still could have backed him at a big enough price at the start of the quarter final stage.
Hope he wins for you and Jed as you both have been good in talking him up for weeks before the tournament.
Report paddletoe April 29, 2015 11:45 PM BST
In my previous life I would have begged, borrowed and stole (not literally) and went whole duck or no dinner on Trump. But now I have a very mathematical approach to betting and don't like to cross over the line to old habits.
Report Angel Gabrial April 29, 2015 11:48 PM BST
To be honest i don`t rate Ding as highly as some do and since the UK i put a massive squiggle against Ronnie, so the draw was never an issue for me. A top form Selby was my main concern but he had to beat off the curse.
Trump has played better than i expected however.
Report paddletoe April 29, 2015 11:49 PM BST
Be honest now AG. You did not really think Ronnie was good value at the end of this afternoons session!

Two single shots probably cost both him and Robbo tonight. Ronnie should have gone 9-7 up while Robbo missed in the balls to move 12-10 ahead.
Report paddletoe April 29, 2015 11:51 PM BST
Yes, I knew Trump had improved a lot having watched every one of his matches in recent months but never thought he would literally turn into a juddernaught in this tournament.
Report paddletoe April 29, 2015 11:53 PM BST
Out of interest AG what would have been your dream final to watch. I mean before the draw made some final pairings impossible.

Let me guess, either two from Selby, Trump and Ronnie.
Report Angel Gabrial April 29, 2015 11:55 PM BST
There was one frame when i did back Ronnie @1.44 but traded out at 1.27 but then the rest was p1ss taking because no one was replying to my attention seeking.
Report paddletoe April 29, 2015 11:56 PM BST
I have not nearly the same passion as you for watching snooker unless I am betting on it but personally if I had to chose a final to watch it would have to be John Higgins v Selby. It would not have the fluency of some other potential finals but I like people watching and I think both those players have huge table presence and intelligence.
Report Angel Gabrial April 29, 2015 11:56 PM BST
Without doubt Ronnie v Trump
Report paddletoe April 29, 2015 11:59 PM BST
I know, I know, wee John is bit of a rascal for his frame fixing but I cant help like him. Seems a very nice fella too who would not pass a young lad looking for an autograph.
Report paddletoe April 30, 2015 12:01 AM BST
Yeah, I thought Trump v Ronnie would have been your pick. I personally don't like Ronnie but that's just me not liking his personality.
Report winsamsoon April 30, 2015 12:02 AM BST
Murph, Trump. The 2 best players on this years form and you should get it.  Only problem is sessions will be about an hour long
Report Angel Gabrial April 30, 2015 12:03 AM BST
I have watched more of this tournament than any other i think and only backed 3 matches plus the Ronnie trade in/out and Trump outright.
I`ve loved it to be honest paddy knowing i have an added interest who will be the finalists. Yes i can see why the Selby v Higgins match up would be intriguing. They all bring their own level of watchability.
Report paddletoe April 30, 2015 12:06 AM BST
If Muphy gets to the final I hope he brings his normal happy face with him because he had a face like a poker yesterday playing young McGill.
Report Angel Gabrial April 30, 2015 12:07 AM BST
I`ve never seen Ronnie play in the flesh, so with retirement/padded cell looming i guess time is running out but he is pish now so that boat has well and truly sailed away.
Report paddletoe April 30, 2015 12:09 AM BST
I am sure I will catch you before the final AG. The final of the snooker is one of those British sporting events that everyone watches so let us all on the forum know how it went. Night from me.
Report paddletoe April 30, 2015 12:11 AM BST
Shame about Ronnie but you probably will get to see the first coronation of the new Price of snooker. Not even God can stop him!
Report Angel Gabrial April 30, 2015 12:11 AM BST
Will do, cheers good man.
Report davyb April 30, 2015 12:12 AM BST
of the 4 semi finalists hawkins has produced far the best match snooker by some distance, looking back to when he was 9-6 down against allen and needed  a snooker it looked certain he was going 10-6 down but he got the snooker and he slammed a pink in to middle from the cushion and it was a awesome shot under the pressure and he got out the session 9-7 down and that 1 shot has probably got him to where he is now, I believe hes every chance of winning this as it defo seems this place brings out the best in him.

murphy is in for 1 tough match against the hawk

fancy judd v Hawkins final
Report Angel Gabrial April 30, 2015 12:12 AM BST
Not even God likes a smart arse, unless that smart arse is Trump.
Report paddletoe April 30, 2015 12:17 AM BST
I just remembered I backed Hawkins to win that frame and left to go to the shops when he needed a snooker with I think either just two or three balls left on the table and none of them in great positions. I came home turned on the laptop and wondered where the extra money had come from! I never knew he got a snooker until now. I thought it more likely the little monkey Allen went in off.
Report davyb April 30, 2015 12:47 AM BST
yeah Hawkins played some great snookers and allen finaly missed, but the shot Hawkins played on the pink to get position on the black was unreal, he cued it so well and I remember being gutted lol as I was on allen to win the match and im sat there thinking 10-6 is looming large and Hawkins sank that pink and I could not believe he got on the black from the position he was in.
Report davyb April 30, 2015 12:50 AM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9sowSz3hnQ

go forward to 10 mins
Report thegiggilo May 2, 2015 10:35 PM BST
You wouldn't be able to give those tickets away!!Shocked
Report BornToWin May 2, 2015 10:39 PM BST
I wouldn't take them for free (plus travel).

Murphy has done it the only way he could, he would have crumbled against Selby/Ron/Judd etc.

He will swagger round thinking he is gods gift, seeing off the spent Ballrun who has ran his race.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Report thegiggilo May 2, 2015 10:52 PM BST
Looks that way,trump played diabolical very weak mentally looked like a rookie,the new era of players are very poor we keep saying it and it keeps getting proven in matchplay they just crumble and you get the billy binghams even in world finals.It;'s been like it for 10 years don't think there's one class player out there it's been proven this week!!!
Report stood on the railwayside May 2, 2015 10:54 PM BST
most boring two weeks the crucible has ever seen....get steaming if you are going... YAWN...
Report Angel Gabrial May 2, 2015 10:55 PM BST
Murphy is one of the form players of the year, he destroyed Robertson in the Masters Final, he has played well all year. Judd was the other form player but had the wrong mindset from the start, far too casual and no respect.

Bingham adds a fairy tale element to the final and has played great snooker. It will be a better final than you think lads.
Report Angel Gabrial May 2, 2015 10:56 PM BST
most boring two weeks the crucible has ever seen....get steaming if you are going... YAWN...

Did you watch it all then?
Report BornToWin May 2, 2015 11:05 PM BST
Robbo is a bottler as well, and is 2nd only to Murphy as my least wanted winner.

All this debate about eras, King Hendry VII is way out on his own mainly due to his immense bottle. (Pretend you didn't watch the final frame v Ebo)
Report Angel Gabrial May 2, 2015 11:09 PM BST
They are all bottlers BTW, they always have been always will, it`s a twitchy type of game under pressure. Hendry was not the norm.
Report Angel Gabrial May 2, 2015 11:11 PM BST
Imagine it Davis had not bottled that black!Cry...how history would have changed.
Report thegiggilo May 2, 2015 11:11 PM BST
I warned about trump earlier in the week I said he would have nightmare [patch he looks a major bottler,if you can't beat billy bingham over best of 33 in semi finals for someone of his ability and now 26 won't get many better opportunities than that either.Certainly goes down as another timeform squiggle..
Report Angel Gabrial May 2, 2015 11:16 PM BST
He had more of a damp patch than nightmare patch. He thought he could steam roller Ballbag, showed little respect early doors and then was playing catch up. The look on his face at the end said it all. The discipline deserted him. He needs to learn every frame is important like Ballbag did. That was the difference. Judd played some good stuff near the end under pressure but he left it too late.

He will be kicking himself, he should quit the naughty bollux at the end of frames as well because the muscle memory of those shots rears it`s ugly head when it matters.
Report BornToWin May 2, 2015 11:23 PM BST
Yes, you never or rarely see the greats of the game blootering the balls at the end of frames. Judd has some maturing to do, if he can he has multiple titles waiting.
Report Angel Gabrial May 2, 2015 11:27 PM BST
Jimmy White did the same, bending the cue ball off the colours entertaining and then when it came to match ball black off it`s spot his muscles went into excited memory spasms and he lurches at the thing.
In the first session Judd was trying to hammer balls down the cushions, it`s his brain not knowing it it`s naughty or not.
Report thegiggilo May 2, 2015 11:30 PM BST
It was the easy way out he bottled it majorly,i could see it in his face from the beginning of the match rabbit in headlights,panic stricken to scared to win..
Report Angel Gabrial May 2, 2015 11:35 PM BST
Yes i agree gig, his cue action was edgy from the first frame of the semi final. He was feeling it from the start.
Report thegiggilo May 2, 2015 11:44 PM BST
What makes it worse the match was perfect for him,a player he should annihilate especially over that distance even giving 5 frame start I'd still expect him to win he had centre stage in a semi final agaibst someone that no one really I wouldn't even put him in the dot bracket..Bet jeds rolling up a big fat one to get over that!!Shocked
Report paddletoe May 2, 2015 11:48 PM BST
He lost the first session because he paid Bingham no respect.
He then failed to win the next two sessions because he could not cope well enough with the frame score pressure.
He rallied briefly twice. The first two frames this morning when he looked very focused and relaxed and the penultimate two frames with two centuries. Its a lot easier to respond to a pressure situation when you feel in a corner with only way forward and its no coincidence that's when he had his only two good spells in this match.
A Hendry or a Higgins would never have got into the situation Trump did in the first session through complacency but if they find themselves behind at that still relatively early stage in the match they would not have failed to respond to the pressure of being behind in the same way trump did.
Report Angel Gabrial May 3, 2015 12:07 AM BST
Funny you should say that paddy, Hendry was comparing this match to when he played Ebdon in the 2002 Final, he was too complacent and never thought Ebdon would beat him. Lack of respect is almost a criminal offence in snooker, every frame is important. Judd ignored this because he thought sooner or later he would play out of his skin and put 5 frames together and storm away. He never, will he learn? he must.
Report Angel Gabrial May 3, 2015 12:10 AM BST
Nothing on twitter from Judd, he will struggle to accept this one.
Report paddletoe May 3, 2015 12:12 AM BST
I don't think there was any complacency from the point of being 5-3 behind after the first session. He should have easily been able to give a Bingham who played average enough a two frame lead at that point and still beat him. But he could not produce the same form when he was behind that he could when he was a front runner in earlier rounds. He just did not respond well enough to the pressure of the situation after the first round.
Report paddletoe May 3, 2015 12:13 AM BST
Never seen the last session but I I had the last frame taped and saw the stats at the end which had trump in front in every single one of them bar the one that mattered most.
Report paddletoe May 3, 2015 12:16 AM BST
I think a different Trump would have turned up for the final too when he was starting all square again in a long match with all the pressure of the semi final lifted. It would have been a great final if Trump had lived up to his side of the script.
Report gentlemanjohn May 3, 2015 12:20 AM BST
Just shows you what a talent Trump is that it nearly carried him over the line against a guy playing the match of his life. I would start analysis of that match, though, with how well Bingham played. If you rewatched that match, i bet you couldn't pick much more than 10 bad shots he played which is monumental in a match that long. That last frame close-out was epic snooker, he deserved it. I think Judd puts too much pressure on himself. As many people have said, he was the one looking like the s/f rookie out there, too much expectation, from himself as much as others.
Report Pokermonster May 3, 2015 12:20 AM BST
Angel Gabrial wrote:

He will be kicking himself, he should quit the naughty bollux at the end of frames as well because the muscle memory of those shots rears it`s ugly head when it matters.

That's very insightful, AG, something I hadn't really considered before but I think you're probably right.  It might have been a throwaway comment, but it's one of the most interesting things I've read on here.

Report Angel Gabrial May 3, 2015 12:25 AM BST
Not a throw away comment PM, you could see it in his arm especially on some rail shots. The look on his face afterwards was one of complete bewilderment as though he had no idea why he played the shot so hard.
Report Angel Gabrial May 3, 2015 12:26 AM BST
I even thought about tweeting him about it.
Report paddletoe May 3, 2015 12:26 AM BST
I did not think Bingham played that well. He dished out to Trump 3 or 4 times with very composed clearances from 50 odd points behind but you would expect that in a semi final when one player misses. Bingham can play better than he did in this match. Clever shot to see that shot to nothing double at the end. Trump obviously did not have the imagination to see it as he left the cue ball exactly where he wanted to leave it and did not look worried that he had left anything.
Report paddletoe May 3, 2015 12:27 AM BST
meant plant
Report paddletoe May 3, 2015 12:29 AM BST
Hard to think Trump could play that bad again if they met 10 times and he was still ahead of bingham on every match stat except frames.
Report gentlemanjohn May 3, 2015 12:29 AM BST
I thought Bingham was fantastic all through, a couple of nervy patches but that's just par for the course in a 33-framer. If someone like Selby had delivered that performance over the last 2 days, there'd be garlands and bouquets flying for the worlds greatest match player on here.
Report paddletoe May 3, 2015 12:34 AM BST
I would agree he deserved to win the match but with the form Trump brought into this game he will be kicking himself that he threw this match away and probably the world championship with it.
Report Angel Gabrial May 3, 2015 12:36 AM BST
John i also though Bingham played exceptionally solid yet i kept imaging it was Doug Mounjoy out there and it was 1978, and the audience were ecstatic with the standout quality of the day.
It was all rather emotional in a nostalgic way, as it took me back to my boyhood fascination with the game back then. Seeing my dad and his pals who have all passed on.
Report trebor May 3, 2015 12:37 AM BST
I thought Bingham was fantastic all through, a couple of nervy patches but that's just par for the course in a 33-framer. If someone like Selby had delivered that performance over the last 2 days, there'd be garlands and bouquets flying for the worlds greatest match player on here.

agree with that summery completely, Bingham is a far better player than he gets credit for, and Judd has to start playing the game properly, not messing about.
Report paddletoe May 3, 2015 12:40 AM BST
Hope Bingham wins it. I just think behind all his gentleman act and sporting words Murphy is not genuine. Reminds me of Phil Taylor but obviously not as bad as the Power.
Report Angel Gabrial May 3, 2015 12:58 AM BST
Without doubt i will be rooting for Bingham paddy, i would love it if he won but for all we say about Smurph he would be a gracious loser as he always is. He is a self-righteous knob though.
Report thegiggilo May 3, 2015 3:03 AM BST
Won't be watching it,lacks any class would prefer bingham to win though think everyone seems to take a dislike to murphy he thinks he's better than he actually is but this worlds has fallen perfect for him.The ironic thing is though in another 3/4 seasons he could be another contender for greatest of all time.Happy,personally havn't rated the snooker for years especially this new crop.
Report BornToWin May 3, 2015 10:50 AM BST
Judd was ahead on every stat except... ball run. Bingham had it. Saying that Judd should have won comfortably if showing his form, so it remaims his own fault.

Reading more into the leathering of balls at the end of frames. His entourage are all willing him on, for their own gratification. He needs to realise keeping calm is important in this game. Getting adrenaline rushes is for other sports, and I am now certain his antics are hindering his progress and probably have cost him this title.
Report Angel Gabrial May 3, 2015 11:04 AM BST
Without doubt his antics are effecting his progress. Snooker is a serious game, you need to show respect to the table and your opponent or else it will come back and bite you. He needs to train his mind and body to treat every shot with respect or else you keep on making the same mistakes.
Report trebor May 3, 2015 11:18 AM BST
AG ... I obviously agree with that, he needs someone like Griffiths or Peters in his corner, he can play all the shots and tried to play them, or better put would be that he tried to display them, as it seems he would rather put on a show than fight for a win at the moment.
Crazy thing is when he had that shot at the start of the final frame that he went in off that was far easier than shots he had been taking on all tournament and he turned it down.
Report paddletoe May 3, 2015 11:35 AM BST
Everyone seems to think he lost the semi final because of he played to entertain and took Bingham too lightly. He did a bit at the start but he also failed to perform due to the occasion, expectation and pressure. He did not play reckless snooker from frame 9 to 25. He played with a fear of defeat in those frames.
Report gentlemanjohn May 3, 2015 11:57 AM BST
SOme good points here guys. I thought that throughout too trebor, sometimes he'd go for pots where maybe safety was the option, but there were as many occasions when the pot seemed the choice but he chose safety, including the one you mentioned. I noticed a lot too that when he'd turn one down and play safe, everytime the commentator would say that's the new improved Judd for you, regardless of whether it was actually the correct decision or not. That, as the evidence shows, remains a work in progress.
Report gentlemanjohn May 3, 2015 11:58 AM BST
And I agree with that padd, I can see something in the criticism of his wish to entertain, but he was doing that all tournament and it never seemed to be a problem, but now it's advanced as one of the excuses for defeat. I mean, i'm not ruling that out completely, just that I'm not sure more should be made out of it than it merits.

And a body language expert looking at the match would tell so much. Judd looking slightly haunted from the beginning of the match, Bingham hardly once losing his composure, always giving a little smile if a shot went against him, making a little face if he lost position etc He played like a guy who knew there would be ups and downs but when the wheel stopped spinning, sensed it would be his time.
Report Angel Gabrial May 3, 2015 12:03 PM BST
That red that red he refused was thwart with danger, no idea where the cue ball would end up...however there was no straight forward safety and if face with that choice again he would take the red with power and hope that the white ball finds a way up the table.

Paddy it`s not that he went for entertaining shots that went wrong, it`s more to do with what affect it is having on his cueing arm. He missed quite a few shots in that first session by thumping the ball again, and prior to the cue going through his upper body is moving on the shot. He needs to remain constant and his exhibition motion rears it`s ugly head when in match play.
Report Angel Gabrial May 3, 2015 12:06 PM BST
*Many typos i know
Report paddletoe May 3, 2015 12:15 PM BST
Don't think Trump is weak under pressure. It was just the situation he was in due to starting badly and having to play from behind with the added expectation of being favourite when both Ronnie and Robertson were knocked out.
I think he was probably looking forward to being in a big semi final match with Ronnie and when he went out it looked like he started the semi final against Bingham wanting to turn it into a show for the fans.
Report trebor May 3, 2015 1:06 PM BST
I think that in the longer matches, lets say over 17 frames or more there is a thought that it is easier to turn a game around, but the stats don't back that up, and I believe that is because when you play these matches you are playing against an opponent who will be of a higher standard than normal or a player who is in good form.
In the last 5 years, 30 games of best of 17 or more Judd has only once turned around a first 8 frame deficit when he was 2-6 down to Shaun Murphy. Judd has twice got turned over from a lead once of 6-2 and one of 5-3.
That leaves 27 other games, 5 of which where 4-4, Judd lost 3 of these and won 2.  Eleven where 5-3 and that player with the lead went on to win. and the remaining 11 were 6-2 or 7-1 and the player leading won.
So where paddletoe points out that Judd only showboated for the first 8 frames that maybe so they are just as important as any other frame in the match and are not to be treated as a warm up or crowd pleasing session, you try to get ahead and put your opponent under pressure, because he will sure be trying to do that to you.
Report paddletoe May 3, 2015 1:19 PM BST
Still think your in a better position being 5-3 behind in a best of 33 than it is to be 5-3 behind in a best of 9!
Report trebor May 3, 2015 1:23 PM BST
Of course but why treat the first session with less respect than any other?
Report paddletoe May 3, 2015 1:26 PM BST
Trebor when you say its a misbelief that its easier to turn around a game over longer distance matches you are by definition saying easier compared to best of 7 or 9 as those are the only other two main match formats.
The term easier has to be relative to something.
I find it hard to think your stats are right because in many of the matches you will be comparing when your behind at a certain stage you will be already beaten in a shorter format while your still in the match if its a longer distance.
Report gentlemanjohn May 3, 2015 1:28 PM BST
I suppose you could think that once Trump gets it to 9-9 what happened in the first session is, if not irrelevant, then as much in Judd's favour as not. But Ken Doherty, as well as some on here, have said he basically lost the match during that first session. Dont know bout that to be honest, but it is an interesting viewpoint.
Report paddletoe May 3, 2015 1:31 PM BST
Clearly trump took liberties in that first session and despite paying Bingham more respect in the next two sessions he was still paying the price in those middle sessions for having put pressure on himself due to his bad start. He did the opposite in his first two games where he got very comfortable leads which give him the luxury of being able to then show off a bit without any one frame being that key.
Report trebor May 3, 2015 1:51 PM BST
No I am not really comparing it with shorter games, maybe I should have added "than it is" in the first sentence.

I think that in the longer matches, lets say over 17 frames or more there is a thought that it is easier than it is to turn a game around, but the stats don't back that up, and I believe that is because when you play these matches you are playing against an opponent who will be of a higher standard than normal or a player who is in good form.

But anyway it all boils down to I just hate to see Judd not fulfilling his potential and just wish he had the Hendry Killer instinct.
Report paddletoe May 3, 2015 2:02 PM BST
Yes I agree its probably not as easy as you might expect for the reason you said which is that most longer distance matches with the exception of the worlds will be tournament finals and the other player will be of a high standard.
Report paddletoe May 3, 2015 2:16 PM BST
Personally think Trump got himself in a panic far too early in the match about being behind and it affected him through those middle sessions. At 5-3 behind a Higgins or Hendry would not have got into such a panic. They would have planned on winning at least one of the next sessions by the same score or better. They would just have played normally knowing the scoreline will take care of itself.
Report thegiggilo May 3, 2015 2:51 PM BST
Bottled it no need for analysis,should be shown by binghams performance in the final he may not even get 10 frames...
Report thegiggilo May 3, 2015 5:10 PM BST
Murphy ''I'm a better player than I was 10 years ago''yeah right sean..
Report thegiggilo May 3, 2015 11:27 PM BST
9-8 Shockedsaw 8-4 thought it was over just seen scorline,at least you got some value for money at the final..
Report Angel Gabrial May 4, 2015 12:02 AM BST
What a fantastic session of snooker, you need to see these tables live to see how precise you need to be. The TV gives you all an illusion, so carry on peeps.Grin
Report Pokermonster May 4, 2015 12:05 AM BST
Very glad for you, AG, it's shaping up to be an excellent final.
Report Angel Gabrial May 4, 2015 12:34 AM BST
We backed 3 or more century breaks in the session at 5/1 as well PM.

Smurph was striding around like the lord of the manor for the first 4 frames like he was another breed and that blue in the 11th frame for 79 was sublime. You also notice how Bingham can`t judge the pace of these tables like Murphy and he lacks delicate precision as consistent as Smurph, but he does more right than wrong and really rallying well.
Report Angel Gabrial May 4, 2015 2:05 AM BST
In the last frame near the end Bingham played a cross double on a red up the baulk area and it went in, the crowd applaud because that means Smurph needs snookers, and he lands on the pink. As he is down to play the pink you can here Virgo`s voice booming `35 remaining 44 the difference`from the comms box, it definitely puts Bingham off, and he misses the pink by a long way. He looks up to the comms box and gives Virgo a wry smile. `He missed the pink by a long way`says JV....yes because of you JV, but don`t let anyone at home realise!
Report paddletoe May 4, 2015 8:19 AM BST
The way the final went in both sessions yesterday lived up to the script of Bingham being more of an underdog than he really is by the way he had to fight back twice. You would have missed a nice little vt about Bingham played during the mid session interval last night. The way the crowd at getting behind Bingham is making it a very good final. Everybody like a battler who can hold himself together so well but you know he is going to be in tears afterwards.
Report gentlemanjohn May 4, 2015 9:55 AM BST
Angel Gabrial 04 May 15 02:05 
In the last frame near the end Bingham played a cross double on a red up the baulk area and it went in, the crowd applaud because that means Smurph needs snookers, and he lands on the pink. As he is down to play the pink you can here Virgo`s voice booming `35 remaining 44 the difference`from the comms box, it definitely puts Bingham off, and he misses the pink by a long way. He looks up to the comms box and gives Virgo a wry smile. `He missed the pink by a long way`says JV....yes because of you JV, but don`t let anyone at home realise!

I think that's been the key to Bingham this week, Angel. Hasn't let any setback get him down or lost heart, just smiles and gets on with enjoying the occasion. Ok, he's just about got that frame in the bag, but that attitude has shone through on other occasions too. Lot of other players would not have reacted with such equanimity in that situation.

Glad you are enjoying the final. Who needed Judd Trump after all Wink
Report Angel Gabrial May 4, 2015 10:09 AM BST
There was a whole lotta good feel factor in the atmosphere last night John, Bingham has added to that, he has that attitude you allude to. See him off camera and he is clapping on his knee all the Murphy good shots.
He looks so relaxed out there John, he is loving it.
Report gentlemanjohn May 4, 2015 10:18 AM BST
Nothing like being out there AG and being able to spot all those little signs. I dont think Bingham is afraid of losing, he's determined for sure, but not afraid to lose. Smurph has a sense of entitlement after 10 years, I think he's terrified of losing. If that makes sense!!
Report BornToWin May 4, 2015 10:27 AM BST
Thats why if Bingo can stay with him the disciple will crack. His all out attack has crumbled many times and would again.
Report paddletoe May 4, 2015 10:28 AM BST
Most people thought the 85 final was going to be the worst final ever especially after the first session. And anyone who never stayed up for the end of that final knew the score as soon as they woke up the next morning when for the first and only time snooker was the main headline in most of the tv and radio news.
Hard to think of a more popular winner than Bingham. Trump could not seem to cope with the pressure of favouritism and expectation. Bingham seems to be riding on the back of all the crowd support he is getting. Sometimes you reach an age and time in your life when you feel invincible to any pressures and feel no fear.
Report Angel Gabrial May 4, 2015 10:30 AM BST
That makes perfect sense John, both players know that Smurph is the classier of the two, Bingham would have no doubt. That`s puts the pressure firmly on Smurph if he struggles to beat Bingham off.
We bumped into Smurph as he left the Crucible for his hotel, his posed for a photo with my pal and   seemed relaxed and gracious. He has some good points.
Report gentlemanjohn May 4, 2015 11:04 AM BST
I think that's true padd, kind of playing as if he feels it's his time. I'd guess getting the monkey that was ROS - literally and figuratively - off his back was a massive thing for him. I doubt he'd have gone into that match really believing deep down he could win. Judd, in contrast, had no aura for him and neither does Smurph. I think he's a very solid chance but not particularly interested in trying to call it.

Wouldn't begrudge Smurph the title at all, AG. He's made mistakes but have liked his recent interviews, seems more mature and honest with himself. And he loves the game. That constant always shines through.
Report paddletoe May 4, 2015 12:51 PM BST
When Ronnie played the likes of Carter, Dott and Hawkins in finals the spectators could never get behind the underdog as O'Sullivan was so popular and the other players had neither the style of game or personality to get you cheering for them.
Now I know Bingham is no big underdog here but the crowd are getting behind him like they have not got behind a player in a long time. His personality, sporstmanship and heart has won everybody over in a way you could never have imagined before the start of the tournament.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com