Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ThommosBucket
24 Mar 15 17:16
| Topic/replies: 444 | Blogger: ThommosBucket's blog
How did he get this nickname? Every time I see him he is constantly shaking his head, moaning about bad bounces, kicks, his bad run / his opponents good run etc.

Maybe its a Cambridge trait because every time his mate Robertson plays a slow roll up badly he stands waving his arms around like a demented traffic policeman claiming the table has rolled off!
Pause Switch to Standard View "Gentleman" Joe Perry?
Show More
Report paddletoe March 24, 2015 4:34 PM GMT
Other posters on here will know better than me but he has played with this nickname for as long as I can remember and I am just guessing that he got it because he looked a bit more formally dressed as a player at the time. Might be totally wrong.

Personally think his nickname would be better suited to a player like Ken Doherty or Mark Selby who are both always dressed very nicely.
Report paddletoe March 24, 2015 4:36 PM GMT
Not sure if anyone else noticed it but I was watching a match a few weeks ago (ept I think) and this Scottish player was chewing gum the whole match. Never seen that happen in all my years watching snooker. Maybe it was nicotine gum but it was not a look you associate with snooker.
Report gentlemanjohn March 24, 2015 6:41 PM GMT
The true story is that Joe nicked the name from me and following a lengthy legal process and a five figure settlement (albeit with a decimal point very tight to the left) the matter ended amicably and we agreed to share it.

And the name is ironic, well in my case anyway
Report ThommosBucket March 26, 2015 2:19 PM GMT
Robertsons off again...that middle pocket obviously tightened up when the ball was on its way in...
Report appformat March 26, 2015 2:20 PM GMT
ball did go in. then came back out again,lol....
Report ThommosBucket November 29, 2015 12:38 PM GMT
Never has someone been so badly named...at it again.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/14110796.UK_Championship__Joe_Perry_blasts__boring__Robbie_Williams_after_UK_Championship_loss/
Report gentlemanjohn November 29, 2015 1:25 PM GMT
Watched the last 3 frames of this last night, must say if williams was being deliberately slow i didnt notice it. Not that he was speedy gonzalez around the table mind, just have seen a lost worse. Letting the side down a bit there joe i'm afraid.
Report ThommosBucket November 29, 2015 6:16 PM GMT
Perry moaning that players are playing too much safety! What a load of sh1t, players play whichever style gives them the best chance of winning.

Not everyone has as much talent as Ronnie or Hendry - if players are keeping it tight, it is totally in your hands to open the game up.

If he wants to watch pedestrian stuff, has he seen his mate Robertson recently?
Report bobweenit November 29, 2015 8:39 PM GMT
Biggest knob slash bottle job in the game is behaviour was bad last night acted like he had the talent of Ronnie. Got beat and sulked like a brat plus he is always teasing Robertson about Veganism little does he know the power of VEGANHappy
Report bobweenit November 29, 2015 8:41 PM GMT
And what he said about Williams out of order game needs rid of people like him not like he is very entertaining IMO . Won 1 ranking tournament and thinks he's billy big b olloxCrazy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com