Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bossiefossie
18 Jan 10 11:46
| Topic/replies: 344 | Blogger: bossiefossie's blog
The biggest crybaby in the world of sport dosent he realise what a fantastic position he is in and all he does is moans how tough the week has been for him ( ah poor ronnie ) tough he wouldnt know the meaning of the word he keeps threatening to quit as he has had enough well do it then you overpaid prized prik the game wont miss such a poor excuse of a human being like yourself a truly dispicable person.
Pause Switch to Standard View ronnie o has got to be
Show More
Report SwindonBoy January 18, 2010 11:47 AM GMT
if ronnie left snooker it would die
Report SwindonBoy January 18, 2010 11:48 AM GMT
look how many turn up to watch matches that ronnie isn't involved in
Report bossiefossie January 18, 2010 11:51 AM GMT
So because of that he can treat people and the game how he wants because he is a big draw in the sport.
Report SwindonBoy January 18, 2010 12:05 PM GMT
what do you expect from ronnie? hand a bunch of flowers to selby?
Report TheChieftain January 18, 2010 12:12 PM GMT
the guy suffers from depression ffs, give him a break
Report dustybin January 18, 2010 12:12 PM GMT
SwindonBoy 18 Jan 12:47
if ronnie left snooker it would die

worth the risk imo, never much liked the man
Report Alkeyhole January 18, 2010 12:20 PM GMT
He's the worst advert for the game possible. No sport wants a world number one who doesn't nothing but moan about how much he hates the game, how boring he finds it & how boring all the other players are.

It amazes me that anyone thinks he's good for the game. The decline of snooker has coincided entirely with his involvement in it for a start, hardly evidence that he is good for the game.

His constant whining & miserable face are a major turn-off for casual viewers. The odd quick 147 or left-handed shot emphatically DOESN'T make him interesting. His pathetic attitude & endless "poor-ickle-me" bleating makes him dull beyond belief.
Report Watts January 18, 2010 12:20 PM GMT
what a load of boolllocks. Presenter dude last nigh said "you had a tough week ronnie..." to which ronnie replied "no, not really..." Moaning?

And in all fairness, the game needs 'priccks' like him as it brings colour, ego and attitude to the game. Its the only way for it to attract a more international crowd of showboating tossssers, thus forwarding the size of tournaments, prize funds and overall participation. Onwards and upwards i say. Wouldnt have half the following these days if it wasnt for ros.
Report SwindonBoy January 18, 2010 12:24 PM GMT
when ronnie plays the crowd is packed out, when he dosen't there just a scene of empty seats
Report Watts January 18, 2010 12:27 PM GMT
^^^speaks for itself really. He's a crowd pleaser. He knows it. Hes arrogant beyond belief. Just like some footballers. Every sport needs them. They are just like seex, they sell.
Report Super Vixen January 18, 2010 12:28 PM GMT
People don't like the fact he says what he is thinking - an example of which was his reply to John Parrot last night.

Most people just reply with what the interviewer wants to hear - "It looks like your game is close to being back to its best..." "Yeah, I think so..."etc etc.

When somebody says what they feel is the truth - even if we disagree - people don't like it.

Ronnie obviously struggles with his mental state, and does come out with some stuff which sounds bizarre to us.

Simple solution - don't ask him to do pre / post match interviews - just let him play the game, I'm sure he would be fine with that.
Report SwindonBoy January 18, 2010 12:28 PM GMT
if he left snooker it wouldn't survive
Report Roger The Butler January 18, 2010 12:29 PM GMT
Watts, he has been interviewed after every match this week and complained about how hard it is, how he's playing so badly that he doesn't expect to win any match, he doesn't think he's going to pot any balls, that everything is an effort.

He was just being objectionable when he said "no not really" to Parrott when asked if it had been a tough week. If Parrott had said that he had had a nice enjoyable week and things had worked out well for him he would have said "no it was a tough week".

He was being a complete turd, as he was when refusing to acknowledge it was a great match just because he lost, when he only acknowledged that Selby had played well "for a bit at the end" and when he walked off before Selby had even been presented with the trophy.

A great player but a turd of a man.
Report Alkeyhole January 18, 2010 12:31 PM GMT
If all that is true then why the decline in popularity during the O'Sullivan era? Snooker should be more popular than ever shouldn't it? Instead of being in a horrible spiral of decline?

O'Sullivan has his supporters but I think he damages the sport as a whole. For every one person that loves him I bet there are a lot more than can't stand him & are put off the sport by the sight & sound of the endlessly whining O'sullivan.

He's a mug. If he can't see why it's so overwhelmingly dumb for the world number one to do nothing but denigrate his own sport then he must have an IQ of about 50. Barry Hearn (who I can't stand incidentally, but he does have a brain) can obviously see the damage O'sullivan is doing hence his recent comments.

As I say - serious question - if O'sullivan is so wonderful for snooker then why the decline since he's been around?
Report RockMonkey January 18, 2010 12:31 PM GMT
Without snooker O'Sullivan would be nothing & he would have no audience for his cry-baby antics, without O'Sullivan snooker still would have massive TV coverage, largely on BBC to boot, and would get along perfectly well.
Report Watts January 18, 2010 12:38 PM GMT
roger, fair point. He was very childish with his remarks post game, especially on the the 'towards the end...' thing. But this is the sh1t that sells. People will watch it to see what sort of sh1t he comes out with next, wether it be on or off the table.
Report bettinghelp January 18, 2010 2:35 PM GMT
No need to worry for the future of the sport with or without O'Sullivan - Hearn's got it all safely in hand:
[i]
Hearn said:
Report DUF January 18, 2010 2:43 PM GMT
as said, he is the only thing keeping snooker alive atm.
Report Alkeyhole January 18, 2010 3:34 PM GMT
And still not one word of explanation for why if O'Sullivan is good for snooker it does nothing but decline with him as it's highest profile player.

As I said before, he's just a mug. He has his fans but he's still just a mug.

Unsurprisingly classless creep has ungraciously written off Selby's chances of winning the world title today. He's obviously still sulking, poor ickle chap.
Report SwindonBoy January 18, 2010 4:34 PM GMT
erm the fact he fills stadiums and the others draw crowds of 50
Report bossiefossie January 18, 2010 5:12 PM GMT
The man is dispicable of the highest order if you dont like the game then get out simple as that love to see him fall flat on his face and i for one would gladly knock him there a cretin of a man ( man is the loosest term obviously ) .
Report ihatehwb January 18, 2010 5:15 PM GMT
filling the arena during the early stages doesn't keep snooker going. Finals will always be full houses unless you get Dott v Ebdon. Snooker relies on it's tv audience and it has always had that. Did Higgins and White between them keep snooker going on their own? No, people will still watch the Griffiths/Thorburns etc.

If snooker is indeed really struggling, and it may be, I would guess it's down to the fewer number of snooker halls and snooker players. The game is infinitely more appealing if you've played it imo.
Report Latalomne January 18, 2010 5:21 PM GMT
ROS is in the unique position of being both the best and the worst thing about the sport.
Report TheMadness January 18, 2010 5:54 PM GMT
"Watts 18 Jan 13:20

what a load of boolllocks. Presenter dude last nigh said "you had a tough week ronnie..." to which ronnie replied "no, not really..." Moaning?"

He'd been moaning all week about how hard it was for him, so John's question was perfectly fair, but Ronnie being a sulky obnoxious contrarian suddenly decides it hasn't been tough at all. At some point someone is going to embarrass him in front of his so called fans (Selby got a bigger cheer coming back out at 9 all I noticed), and maybe he'll grow up. Although given how fragile people know he is, they'll probably continue being as polite as possible.

Not staying around to see Mark being awarded the trophy stunk imo.
Report Alkeyhole January 18, 2010 6:11 PM GMT
erm the fact he fills stadiums and the others draw crowds of 50

The question I asked (that is still unanswered) is why is snooker in decline if he's so great for the game?

The answer is simply that he isn't great for the game, he's terrible for it. Whether he gets a few hundred fans turning up to watch his games is irrelevant, we're talking about a sport that used to get 20 million TV viewers. His stinking bad attitude is a large part of the reason we don't anymore.

As I've already said, anyone who wants to make a credible claim for him being good for the game needs to provide a credible explanation of why it's declined so horribly since he appeared on the scene.
Report The Calculator January 18, 2010 9:25 PM GMT
Snooker has always had a "peoples champion" - firstly Alex Higgins, then Jimmy White.
Ronnie could have easily filled that void, but he hasn't, and that is why the game is in decline imo.
Report chelsea_blue January 18, 2010 9:48 PM GMT
lay off ronnie

FFS

snooker wouldnt be where it is now if it werent for the crowds ronnie can draw
Report Canaletto . January 21, 2010 12:52 PM GMT
I lost £18 thousand on him in the Masters against Paul Hunter. He was 7 1 up, and lost 10 9 :D
Report Canaletto . January 21, 2010 12:52 PM GMT
I lost £18 thousand on him in the Masters against Paul Hunter. He was 7 1 up, and lost 10 9 :D
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com