Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg
19 Jan 10 17:35
| Topic/replies: 7,725 | Blogger: Sir Denis Eton-Hogg's blog
I'll be there for 1/4 finals day and maybe before. Hope for some decent match-ups coz i've already bought a ticket. Was very busy last year so was a bit worried it might sell out.

A few no-hopers worth a lay:

Ronnie - decent recent record in this tourny but i cant have him so soon after his masters heartbreak. currently can be laid at under 3/1 - crazy short imo.

Higgins - respectable recent record but really dont think this is top of his priority list and after a very poor effort in the masters one to swerve for now

Selby - won this in '08. asking a lot to follow up his gruelling masters success. never one to write off completely but this will surely come too soon.

Maguire - took advantage of his usual cushy draw to make the masters semi. cant beat the best players nowadays so will need another dream run.

Murphy - losing finallist in '06. Crossed the fine line between positive and reckless. A risky proposition.

Ding - Pretty ropey record here. Has perked up this year but UK win was a tad flattering and coming off bad 6-1 loss to selby. Not for me.

Robertson - good recent record here. won it in '07 but didnt beat much. Tough loss to Ronnie at the masters may have knocked the stuffing out of him for now.

Day - can u really imagine him holding the trophy aloft? i cant. A rather dejected looking figure atm.

Worth a punt:

Mark Allen - probably about ready to make a final in a smaller tourny. losing to selby would've hurt a bit but didnt do a lot wrong and will have taken a lot of positives from the masters.

Mark Williams - seems to have got the hunger back and again will be buoyed by his masters performance which showed he can mix it with the best again now. will see this as a decent opportunity to get back on the winning trail.

Judd Trump - is he in this? exciting young talent. if things go his way could blow away a few opponents with his fluent potting. Due a good run.

BEST OF LUCK
Pause Switch to Standard View Welsh Open 2010
Show More
Report pandora1963 January 19, 2010 5:57 PM GMT
robbo for me
Report pandora1963 January 19, 2010 6:02 PM GMT
cant quite work out why robbo is 12/1
Report crazeeplaya January 19, 2010 7:29 PM GMT
nice write-up sir denis
Report crazeeplaya January 19, 2010 7:54 PM GMT
judd trump appears to be in the qualifiers, link here:

http://www.global-snooker.com/professional-tournaments-welsh-open-2010-qualifying-schedule.asp
Report UnderMyThumb January 19, 2010 9:19 PM GMT
Does anyone know when the full first round line ups will be known?
Report Sir Denis Eton-Hogg January 19, 2010 11:10 PM GMT
trump seems to be up against rory mcleod or a.n.other mug. good chance to qualify imo
Report Del Potro in 2009 January 19, 2010 11:58 PM GMT
Sir Dennis, gonna be there on semi-finals day, the saturday afternoon - just booked my tickets today.....you gonna be there saturday too?

Anyone wanna meet for a pint with me and my mates?

Cheers.
Report adrianooooo January 20, 2010 12:01 AM GMT
robbo for me too, he wont be deflated after the ronnie loss, ronnie was incredible for 4 frames thats all.
Report Sir Denis Eton-Hogg January 20, 2010 12:23 AM GMT
no not saturday
Report punter66 January 20, 2010 10:21 AM GMT
robertson and williams for me even tho they could met in s/f

anyone been to prestatyn yet for any of the qualifiers
Report davyb January 20, 2010 11:57 PM GMT
ronnie higgins dingi selby all in bottom half of draw, so with williams in top half plus the way he played last week in the masters im expecting a good run for money, im expecting him meet carter or robbo in the semis
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com