Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ccd
17 Jan 10 19:25
| Topic/replies: 2,398 | Blogger: ccd's blog
A buzzy tournament with great matches - bodes well for a great new decade for snooker.
The return of MJW - and the arrival of flare players like Robertson,Cope and Selby will surely help the new era along.
Pause Switch to Standard View Barry Hearne's first tournament -...
Show More
Report Dan Chipowski January 17, 2010 7:25 PM GMT
It'll be like darts soon enough if he keeps on.
Report The Mod father January 17, 2010 7:26 PM GMT
Can see the BBC keeping they 4 touneys, but I reckon Sky could get involved with a couple of new ones.
Report thegame January 17, 2010 7:26 PM GMT
Agree about everything except Selby being a flare player
Report The Mod father January 17, 2010 7:27 PM GMT
Hearn rit in bed with Sky
Report mr cool January 17, 2010 7:29 PM GMT
music has done it for darts but done nothing for snooker.
Report snookerbacker January 17, 2010 7:32 PM GMT
Only a handful of great matches to be fair.
Report scarecrow January 17, 2010 7:35 PM GMT
there has been good and bad,mark kings dance was hilarious,there have been some cracking matchs and some poor ones to be honest this is a gambling site and poor shots etc make for bigger profits i find.
Report delz January 17, 2010 7:42 PM GMT
I seriously fear the worst. This year's Master already had elements in it that clearly were a first glimpse of what will be known as the Hearn effect. Wouldn't even rule out cards having '147' printed on to be spread amongst the crowd - let alone a danceable and (even more important) bawlabe tune to put them in the right mood played right after and before every frame. More and more will need to get their act out as they won't know how to shut the fecking trap - see the Master's final. Plebby as hell. Only a matter of time till they come costumed as well.
Report pandora1963 January 17, 2010 8:43 PM GMT
what the fck has heans takeover got to do with the quailty of the matches..jesus
Report nana January 17, 2010 9:42 PM GMT
**alert on here again
Report numero uno January 18, 2010 5:14 PM GMT
hearn is too big headed thats the real problem his promotion of the masters was a joke
giving jimmy a wildcard waste of time ..walk on music !!.. seriosly deluded if anyone thought
that was entertaining.. ronnies interviews were pathetic the supposed jewel in the crown
spouting more**listen ronnie if u pop in on here ...go & get a fekin day job then pop
back & have a moan.. pro celeb snooker zzzzzz new tourny in berlin next year !! my
new years wish is that both ronnie & big head hearn both feck off from the game & let
someone with brains & passion have a go
Report frames January 18, 2010 5:28 PM GMT
That will be Rodney Walker then ?
Report numero uno January 18, 2010 5:40 PM GMT
frames being a successful business man dont qualify as automatic success running a snooker
organisation.. hearn has been fantastic for darts it all works well but he is naive & thick if
he thinks branding the 2 together will work ... it wont end of..walker was clueless & if this
is what hearn really thinks will put snooker back on the map he wont last 12 months..
i said brains & passion not fat cat salaries to multi millionaires
Report Howellsy January 18, 2010 5:47 PM GMT
The wildcard to White gave off some dodgy signals to me. Here's a guy who has spoken about giving players the chance to earn a living as a result of their efforts and talent, and he allows a pathetic has been to leap frog over any number of deserving candidates from the rank and file. However, it did at least offer one of the best bets of all time - Mark King at 1-2.
Report Alkeyhole January 18, 2010 6:19 PM GMT
Agree about everything except Selby being a flare player

Think you mean flair player. The last flare player was KirK Stevens.
Report The Calculator January 18, 2010 9:44 PM GMT
The walk on music...
I actually think it added something myself. Not much, but a little bit more entertaining than the players just walking on - I think it added to the atmosphere slightly.
The main problem I have is when the match finishes - and both players disappear straight away - why not hold the post match interview in the arena?? Why do it off stage with Hazel, Steve and John/Ken? Give the paying public a bit more.

I also don't have a problem with Hearn talking about doing one-frame events, pro-celeb or whatever. As long as these go alongside the established events and not instead of, then fair enough (one frame snooker made the game famous in the first place).

I know I enjoyed the last week of snooker more than I have in a long time - how much of that was down to Hearn is probably very little - it was on the table where the excitement was. But having said that, I'm not ready to be negative yet. Pokerstars were a good sponsor and another ranking event being lined up - it's looking rosier than under Walker.
Report STEPTOES YARD January 18, 2010 10:19 PM GMT
Hearn = More events and more betting opportunites
Report Punk Loser January 18, 2010 10:52 PM GMT
STEPTOES YARD 18 Jan 23:19
Hearn = More events and more betting opportunites

Exactly, and I would add, more stupid wildcards and more free money bettings like King´s@1.50
Report Monkfish January 20, 2010 11:34 AM GMT
Basically it was exactly like it would have been without Hearn except we got the added bonus of Jimmy Bloody White and embarrassing walk-ons?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com