Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
potdog1
16 Jan 10 09:19
| Topic/replies: 63 | Blogger: potdog1's blog
Just killing 5 min so thought i would respond to mr denis eton hoggs thread LUCKY PLAYERS . Who in your opinions have been very unlucky players . NO sillyness please and i want reasons for your answers
Pause Switch to Standard View UNLUCKY PLAYERS
Show More
Report snookerbacker January 16, 2010 10:46 AM GMT
Luck can win a frame, maybe two but it can't make or break a career so I find the whole concept a bit daft really. I remember in the 80's Higgins accused Davis of excessive luck and a team of boffins/experts did a study using set criteria for what constituted a lucky shot. Guess what? No noticeable difference at all amongst the players at all.

Two reasons for thinking a player is excessively lucky:

1. On here and the most common, pockets talking.
2. The players we see the most on TV are usually described as lucky, simply because they are on more because they win more, not because they are lucky but because they are better players.

That's the last I have to say on the matter!
Report heinze58 January 16, 2010 10:57 PM GMT
Matthew Stevens
Jimmy White
Report champagne charlie January 16, 2010 11:36 PM GMT
make ure own luck .end of
Report FatherMaguire January 17, 2010 12:35 AM GMT
Ebdon has always struck me as an unbelievably lucky player, and Davis always seemed to get a great run of the balls (when I hated him in the 80s)

Theres alot of truth in the make your own luck argument but agree that White and Stevens are probably the unluckiest Ive seen
Report crediter January 17, 2010 4:07 AM GMT
selby lucky to get past mark allen....flukey red going in ;last frame.
Report snookerbacker January 17, 2010 8:08 AM GMT
Jimmy would have been a world champion and a different player if he hadn't twitched and rushed that black off its spot against Hendry in the final. Nothing to do with luck, he hasn't won a world championship simply because he didn't have the bottle to. Harsh I know, but fair.
Report crediter January 17, 2010 10:35 AM GMT
of course he had the bottle.....could do no more against an incredible alex higgings clearance...
Report -= coked up pansy =- January 17, 2010 11:27 AM GMT
In a way Jimmy was unlucky to run into Davis and then Hendry! Poor sod :)

Unluckiest in the last six months has been Williams. Just finding his form then breaks his wrist, then gets rear-ended and hurts his neck.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com