Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Black Whippet
11 Jan 10 07:12
| Topic/replies: 2,687 | Blogger: Black Whippet's blog
After a good time recently (Peter Lines) a new year and the Masters is here again.....as ive said before I put my selections up here in order for me to keep my discipline and stick to what I think....so heres to a successful start to 2010, on the Snooker front.

MARK WILLIAMS v RORY McLEOD

I am no big fan of Mark Williams, and he became my cash cow a couple of years ago when I would take him on at any opportunity, and I have to say although he is playing back into some sort of form, im happily going to take him on today.

I personally priced the match up Williams 4/7, McLeod 5/4 so to see bigger than 2/1 on here, either ive got it drastically wrong or ive got it right and might get a few quid.... McLeod although maybe a bottler on the TV tourneys has hovered around the top 50 in the rankings for some years, but his tedious style and this short format may play in his favour.

Back RORY McLEOD @ 3.2 or bigger on here.

SHAUN MURPHY v STEPHEN HENDRY

Murphy is bang back in form, after personal troubles and a slight loss of form a year or so ago, although Hendry is still capable of a lot more than some 'old timers' this may be a one sided match up. Cant see any value whatsoever by taking Murphy at 4/9, so just a bet with not to much confidence elsewhere. Was going to take on the Frame Betting but not much value there either so .......

Back SHAUN MURPHY First Four Frames 5/4 (Slybet+vc)

STEPHEN MAGUIRE v MARK KING

No real view or edge on this game, yes Maguire should win comfortably and the odds say that but not for me at the price. King had a nothing match last night and didnt real show anything to say he has a chance tonight.

No Bet

STAKES
Back RORY McLEOD @ 3.2 or bigger on here .................. £200
Back SHAUN MURPHY First Four Frames 5/4 (Slybet+vc)..... £120

Good luck all .............
Pause Switch to Standard View Masters 2010 - Day 2 - 11/01/10 - My...
Show More
Report snookerbacker January 11, 2010 8:14 AM GMT
Morning Whippet, I think we have some different opinions today! Personally I can't see Williams struggling against Rory, who is a widely respected player lower down the rankings but as you say, dubious when the TV comes on. I think the odds are about right. I wouldn't say that Murphy was bang in form either, he looked a bit ropey at Crondon Park last week and if you discount the Premier League (which I usually do), he's not beaten much this season and has lost to the likes of Barry Pinches and Liang Wenbo while only beating lower ranked players, Hendry goes into the match with a similar profile so I think this might be quite evenly matched as they stand, if Hendry brings a decent game with him he's not without a chance. Agree Maguire should beat King for reasons given on my preview thread.
Report Johnny Fontaine January 11, 2010 9:15 AM GMT
Snooker your sport Whippet ?
Report Spongy January 11, 2010 9:18 AM GMT
Agree on Williams, only player you can say is in good form of the two is McLeod, backing Williams you're taking a big risk that he's discovered some form
Report Black Whippet January 11, 2010 9:45 AM GMT
JF

the profit and loss........for Snooker is much better than most sports........ :)
Report Spongy January 11, 2010 9:50 AM GMT
Black Whippet, suprely you're better off taking Murphy at 1.8 on the -1.5 handicap first to 6 than at 2.25 at a -1.5 handicap first to 3? (which is effectively what you're doing)
Report Black Whippet January 11, 2010 10:11 AM GMT
maybe spongy but think Murphy will be quick out the blocks and take the first couple, then the 4th to lead 3-1
Report Deanthalas January 11, 2010 10:25 AM GMT
4/7 williams 5/4 mcLeod

when are these prices ever on betfair in a two way match please?
Report Black Whippet January 11, 2010 10:29 AM GMT
sorry my odds compilers head was on........... I always relate to bookmakers prices when pricing up matches.....I never work to an 100% book.
Report Black Whippet January 11, 2010 2:27 PM GMT
Well feel a bit dishearted after todays events.........MURPHY had chances in each of the first 3 frames but only conspired to win one......... and McLEOD , well not much to say really chances again......and a silly decision puing williams in when had free ball with chsnce to clear... :)

Oh well always 2morrow.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com