Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
potdog1
10 Jan 10 17:05
| Topic/replies: 63 | Blogger: potdog1's blog
Posting this up early cus im a busy little bee tomorrow .

MARK WILLIAMS 4/9 v RORY McLEOD 15/8

This is the 2nd gimme of the tournament after the king / white match . Mcloed is a very accomplished match player in the qualifying cells but does not bring anywhere near his best for tv .

He should have beaten ali carter in the uk but as usual as the winning line approached and the chance to take a big scalp the negative demons took hold once again .

The wembley arena is vast ( though not as big as the old conference centre ) and this will be daunting enough for mcloed .

Williams on the other hand is a twice masters champion and seen it all here over the last decade . His undoubted class will prevail .

Might not be a clessic as mcloed will slow it down and try and make it dissjointed but pile on williams @ 4/9 .

SHAUN MURPHY 4/9 v STEPHEN HENDRY 21/10

Hendrys at that stage in his career where he is throwing one good performance in followed by 5 bad ones but form is temporary and class is permanent . He seems beat himself these days when things are not going his way .

The most successful player in masters history will have to be near his best if he get past murphy .

Murphy should win but 4/9 is nothing to get too excited about here for me .

STEPHEN MAGUIRE v KING / WHITE

Maguire will be more than happy with either of king / white . He qualified in the first group last week at crondon park so his game is obviously in good nick and i would be very surprised if he lost .

If he plays king i would price him at 4/9 - 2/5 and if he plays jimmy i would put it at 2/7 - 1/4 anything larger than these would be value but still nothing to get excited about .

As usual good luck to all and your opinions are more than welcome
Pause Switch to Standard View MASTERS DAY 2
Show More
Report snookerbacker January 10, 2010 5:15 PM GMT
Can't argue with any of that potdog. McLeod is a capable player that seems to freeze on TV, but he is dangerous, nevertheless I have that vision of MJW just nonchalently clearing the table in seconds frame after frame. Can't see anything but an MJW easy win. Murphy to me doesn't look as good as he was this time last year, but Hendry will need his current A game, if he brings it, he just might win, but it might be one to get involved in in-running, as Ebdon's game was today :) . Maguire has a superb draw yet again, but having had a small interest on King for the quarter at 12's, on the basis that if (big if) he beats Maguire he'll have a strong chance in the semi final I'll be happy to watch this one without a bet.

Incidentally, as for tonight, I do agree with you on the result, but 6/4 or thereabouts on Jimmy making the high break might be a bit of value.
Report snookerbacker January 10, 2010 5:17 PM GMT
*Quarter Final* obviously
Report captain rat January 10, 2010 5:20 PM GMT
more nonsense from the club player-tell me...do you get 21 or 28 start these days??
Report potdog1 January 10, 2010 5:21 PM GMT
How are you SB? Been following you posts over the last few months , got sick of posting myself because of the idiots who comment and clearly have not got a clue .

The only thing that would put me off the high break bet although 6/4 is generous is that if jimmy goes behind and is clearly struggling i think the wheels could fall off as they have many times in the past . Best of luck my friend
Report snookerbacker January 10, 2010 5:26 PM GMT
It's always good to have informed opinions on here potdog, keep up the good work. The more the merrier and that's what the forums should be for (as well as daft stuff about commentators and things like that), good clean family fun! It's funny though, the reason I think Jimmy might make the high break is just that, King obviously going to win, Jimmy steps up and knocks in a biggie and then old baldie finishes him off. Just think the 6/4 is value against a player like King who rarely makes centuries.
Report birdieforthewin January 11, 2010 3:35 AM GMT
That was a refreshing read chaps,whilst i try and get my daughter back to sleep..i'm big on mjw today and murphy 6-1 and 6-2 or a interest..once again nice read
Report greengreen1 January 11, 2010 5:24 AM GMT
nice summary potdog, even though I reckon you could be a mean b*****, a mean b******
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com