Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
snooker backer
17 Dec 09 10:14
| Topic/replies: 572 | Blogger: snooker backer's blog
Come on Slim, far too early to be making Sheffield judgements when this corking event takes centre stage just after Xmas.

Just had a look at the draw and there are some belters in the first round. Ronnie (if he isn't shacked up with Pammy and co) against Robertson - early exit for the Rocket? Bottom two matches are Selby against Ding and Higgins against an off colour but dangerous Mark Allen. Mouthwatering stuff. What price on the bottom quarter providing us with the winner?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 18
By:
snooker backer
When: 17 Dec 09 10:17
Only early observation for me is that the 14/1 on Robertson looks a little bit of value.
By:
johnnybigbananas
When: 17 Dec 09 11:19
Jimmy White getting the Wildcard has to rank up there as one of the worst decisions in years ...
By:
snooker backer
When: 17 Dec 09 13:00
Unbelievable jbb. Wenbo was streets clear - I bet they match Jimmy up against King to give him a chance of getting through.
By:
snooker backer
When: 17 Dec 09 13:44
Yes, he is playing King. No glorious rematch of the Sheffield epic for Rory, who has to make do with MJW.
By:
michael knight
When: 17 Dec 09 13:49
Jimmy is still 'buzzing' in practice and not missing a ball :)
By:
snooker backer
When: 18 Dec 09 09:50
Just a note on this to all. Shaun Murphy was struggling with flu when Ding beat him last week. Prior to this almost everyone in the know had him there or thereabouts for last week. He'll be dangerous if he's back to good health.
By:
Jason Bourne
When: 18 Dec 09 13:12
I quite like Maguire's price here: Faces wildcard match winner in 1st rd (King or White) - if we're being honest, he should beat either here given his improved form from UK. Quarters then vs Day or Perry, two very out of form players and winning that, he's suddenly in the semis. Every chance in the semis if he faces anyone but Higgins, so the 12.5 will suddenly look pretty tasty. That's all if he improves his level from the UK a little more, he's been pretty average for a year or so but looked a bit more clinical last week, admittedly not facing anyone very dangerous until the semis but snooker is a confidence game and his confidence will be high now.
By:
johnnybigbananas
When: 18 Dec 09 17:43
Maguire is a superb price for, as you discussed, a lay at the semis.

I, for one, will be hugely lumping ...
By:
johnnybigbananas
When: 18 Dec 09 17:44
I forgot to mention.

Mark Allen to win a Tournament before season end.

He hit FOUR tons via the salad dodger and played half a match with a "rack cue" at the UK.

He's well overdue a strike IMO ...
By:
Jason Bourne
When: 18 Dec 09 18:10
Weak.
By:
snooker backer
When: 19 Dec 09 07:20
Re: Maguire, I'd take Day to beat him before the semis. He can't carry on playing as poorly as he has been for long and I will continue to say that Maguire is now massively over-rated and has peaked. I can't remember the last time he came up against a player in form and won. Agree about Allen, but I'm getting sick of backing him!
By:
ihatehwb
When: 19 Dec 09 18:51
agree that Stephen Maguire has peaked, but I'm pretty sure Ryan Days best days are well behind him also
By:
The Romford Slim
When: 22 Dec 09 09:32
Day hasnt exactly been in rip roaring form though has he? Tend to side with Jason's view here - for all the TRADERS out there, Maguire is a bit of a stand-out.
By:
snooker backer
When: 22 Dec 09 09:59
For info Day won that ONEFOURSEVEN thing in Cardiff yesterday, a strange event but he saw off some decent opposition. If he plays near his best I'd say he beats Maguire myself. Perry looks to be on the slide so I'd expect Ryan to see him off in Round 1.
By:
The Romford Slim
When: 22 Dec 09 20:35
Agree RD will see off Perry and for the record think he is a fantastic player. But id fancy SMG to doo a job on him in the masters. Lets see the prices closer to the time . . . .
By:
snooker backer
When: 23 Dec 09 14:03
Nothing I like more than pitting my wits against you Slim! Merry Xmas to you and yours and I'm sure we'll catch up in time for the showdown.
By:
The Romford Slim
When: 23 Dec 09 20:02
You too
By:
snooker backer
When: 24 Dec 09 09:25
Couldn't resist, struck an early outright on Robertson at 14's with Baldy. Let's hope the Big Brother rumours are true...
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com