Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
snooker backer
21 Dec 09 14:36
| Topic/replies: 572 | Blogger: snooker backer's blog
Best Player = John Higgins, without a shadow of doubt. Proved his class at Sheffield making him undisputably one of the greats. The top three made up by Neil Robertson and Ding Junhui.

Most Promising Newcomer = Liang Wenbo, consistent performer who now only seems to lose to players in form.

Most improved player = Neil Robertson, now a big contender wherever he plays.

Best Match = Higgins v Selby 13-12 at Sheffield.

Most outstanding performance = Ding's win in the UK after a barren spell is just slightly edged by Higgins Sheffield win from a nightmare draw.

Biggest Disappointment of 2009 = Mark Selby's failure to cement himself as a top four player.

Most over-hyped player = Judd Trump, too much pressure being put on too young shoulders. Needs to improve a lot to challenge for top 16.

The banana skin award for a slippery slide = Marco Fu, looks at the moment like a player on the way out of the top 16.

The flatter to deceive award for the player with most talent and not the ratio of wins to show for it - Jamie Cope, brilliant player with bags of ability and a dodgy temperament.

2010 will be a testing year for...Ronnie O'Sullivan, needs to win at Sheffield to be truly considered the world's best player.

2010 will be a good year for...Ding Junhui, a winner again and I'd be surprised if he doesn't win at least one further ranking event.
Pause Switch to Standard View This year's awards
Show More
Report snooker backer December 21, 2009 2:53 PM GMT
Forgot to add:

Worst Televised Match = Mark King v Rory McLeod, first round at Sheffield. Now available as a cure for insomnia.
Report Jason Bourne December 21, 2009 4:09 PM GMT
Best Player = John Higgins

Most Promising Newcomer = Daniel Wells

Most improved player = Neil Robertson

Best Match = O'Sullivan 10-8 Seby (Masters)

Most outstanding performance = Higgins from behind vs Selby (Worlds)

Biggest Disappointment of 2009 = Judd Trump

Most over-hyped player = Mark Selby

The banana skin award for a slippery slide = Marco Fu

The flatter to deceive award for the player with most talent and not the ratio of wins to show for it = Judd Trump

2010 will be a testing year for = Mark Selby

2010 will be a good year for = Ding Junhui

Worst Televised Match = Harold 5-0 Maguire (China)
Report snooker backer December 21, 2009 5:52 PM GMT
Can't have the bottom one Jason. Five frames of that against Sixteen frames of mine. You have to do better than that.
Report Jason Bourne December 21, 2009 6:15 PM GMT
Bit biased, Maguire as my outright tip and he didn't win a frame lol
Report snooker backer December 21, 2009 6:21 PM GMT
Listen Jason, if I based these awards on betting it would lose any objectivity and the Xmas spirit, believe me, Selby and Ali Carter would have come in for a pasting.

I've tried to pretend that I predicted the lot of them.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com