Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Jason Bourne
14 Dec 09 11:18
| Topic/replies: 21,982 | Blogger: Jason Bourne's blog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw0g-81r1fU

7:45

A day on and I still can't believe he missed it ?:|
Show More
Report davyb December 14, 2009 11:25 AM GMT
shocking...........it just summed up johns performance that did
Report Eldrick December 14, 2009 11:29 AM GMT
asked about if after, he mentioned the fluked red (he was snookered and had already missed it twice before slamming it in bottom left) and how he was still thinking what a lucky s0d he was to be making the clearance

that was a lot worse than making a poor escape from the snooker though, the frame was served on a plate for ding once he left the brown in the jaws

if he hadn't gone 8-2 back to 8-8 with ronnie on saturday eve, i honestly think the final would have been a rather different affair
Report davyb December 14, 2009 11:40 AM GMT
Your quite right, maybe his semi-final did take its toll.

All in all it was just a bad day at the office for john, and a very bad 1 at that.

Ii have been watching higgins for the last 15 yrs and that goes down as the worst ive ever seen him play.

It was hard to take in, watching game after game and the mistakes he was making or the balls he was missing, i kept telling myself he would turn it on very soon, but he was just flat all day long.

To win 8 games, he did well to stay in there.
Report Eldrick December 14, 2009 11:51 AM GMT
seen higgins play a lot worse than that, he wasn't dreadful, it was 6/10 in the final session which is not what you expect of him in a final but it happens even to the best

fair play to ding for taking his chances, there's plenty of pretenders to the throne would still have found a way to not win that match, higgins didn't roll over completely
Report Jimmy Commas December 14, 2009 12:42 PM GMT
Deliberate miss :) after the "Bungling ref" put the cue ball back in the wrong place after 2 misses from JH who then potted it.
By the way that ref is the worse for replacing the balls after a foul.
Report cdog December 14, 2009 2:31 PM GMT
what language is this please? Is it Chinese? Whatever it is they seem to talk a lot more than the British commentators during the game.
Report cdog December 14, 2009 2:34 PM GMT
Actually it sounds like its french :0
Report tobermory December 14, 2009 3:53 PM GMT
Russian i thought
Report Jimmy Commas December 15, 2009 1:08 AM GMT
Just before John pushed his cue through to play the shot at 7.47, Ding clearly moves his head up and looks upwards. Did John notice this to put him off as he was already pushing the cue through?
Report Eldrick December 15, 2009 12:11 PM GMT
ding was looking away, i think because he couldn't bear to watch the frame (and perhaps the title, in his mind) being snatched with a terrible fluke

he was right in john's eyeline, but ding certainly did nothing unsporting and higgins has no excuse if that was enough to distract him from the shot
Report Jimmy Commas December 15, 2009 12:16 PM GMT
Didn`t say he did anything deliberately unsporting, his head moved no doubt. First up then down and yes he was looking away.
All the years I`ve watched snooker I`ve always been impressed how still the opponent stays when in the eyeline of a shot. This is the first time seen a player move his head like that and only John will know if that put him off, he`s highly unlikely to say in public is he?
Report IANMONGAN December 15, 2009 12:29 PM GMT
eurosport now
Report tobermory December 15, 2009 3:30 PM GMT
No Way Jimmy

I didn't see it live , so was watching on this clip. When it got to the point where he was on the brown i thought 'This has to be the wrong link, as there is no way he can miss that' .

It would never had occured to Ding that Higgins could possibly have missed that ball under any circumstances at all.
Report Jimmy Commas December 15, 2009 11:06 PM GMT
I agree with your comments about Ding, so you don`t believe John was put off?
Report tennis plums done December 15, 2009 11:39 PM GMT
brown was frame ball, but wanted blue to secure the frame,looked like he was trying to hold the white for nice position and took his eye of it
Report michael knight December 16, 2009 11:55 AM GMT
That red in the final frame was just as bad. I know he was trying to 'pinch' a bit of the pocket for position but still.
Report The Romford Slim December 17, 2009 10:18 AM GMT
if he hadn't gone 8-2 back to 8-8 with ronnie on saturday eve, i honestly think the final would have been a rather different affair

Agreed.
Report Chester J Lampwick December 18, 2009 10:41 PM GMT
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com