Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Poolio
14 Dec 09 16:42
| Topic/replies: 2,706 | Blogger: Poolio's blog
For a few years now I've noticed that a lot of the players clear the colours up to the pink and then leave the black. I'm aware that in some situations the points are close so they pot up to the pink to avoid any chance of their opponent going for snookers. Also, if they are on a big break the pink can take them over the 50 or 100 mark for a bit of significance. However most of the time they do it when it isn't important at all, if they can't be bothered then why not just stop earlier, why bother clearing up to the pink then just leaving one ball?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 7
By:
I Win All The Tim
When: 14 Dec 09 16:48
Sometimes the black isnt really pottable.

Sometimes it could possibly be a risk if you somehow fu ck up and pot the white aswell
By:
Poolio
When: 14 Dec 09 16:49
Those are valid reasons but a lot of the time I've seen position is routine and it just seems like they can't be arsed. If they can't be arsed then why not just quit earlier? It seems pointless just leaving one ball.
By:
frames
When: 14 Dec 09 16:55
You cannot play for snookers with only the black left , this is why they clear to the pink.
By:
Poolio
When: 14 Dec 09 16:59
But a lot of the time they clear to the pink when they are miles ahead, snookers wouldn't even come in to it......or would players like Ebdon carry on with Pink and Black remaining needing 10 snookers just to annoy an opponent!? :D
By:
I Win All The Tim
When: 14 Dec 09 17:51
when im playing against my mate i carry on when we're on the black even if he's 13pts ahead.

Trust me, we've fouled on the black alone many times ;)
By:
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg
When: 14 Dec 09 20:15
fred the fisherman
By:
ralphy boy
When: 16 Dec 09 20:21
The rules state that the first foul on the black automatically ends game so stop talking utter krappen
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com