Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
snooker backer
13 Dec 09 07:38
| Topic/replies: 572 | Blogger: snooker backer's blog
High drama last night and a little too close for comfort in the end. The 'foul' incident is bound to make all the headlines on the beeb this afternoon and it's obvious that this refereeing error affected Higgins is a major way, despite the fact that he says it didn't. Had it not happened I'm sure he'd have had an early night after an easy win, but he found enough to stumble over the line anyway and was a deserved winner. Landing me a tidy few quid in the process.

So to today and if it wasn't for the match last night I'd be recommending a Higgins victory without hesitation. Ding has been playing well all week, but in my opinion not as well as John. He has beaten good players, but none as good as John. But he'll be the fresher of the two. John leads their h2h count 7-2, but Maguire led it 7-1 and Ding beat him easily. All in all I still fancy Higgins to land the title but I'm tempted by the 4/5 available on Ding -2.5 frames as I think it might be another close one. I don't need a bet on it but if I was going to have one it would be a small interest on Higgins to win 10-8.
Show More
Report onetruesaxon1964 December 13, 2009 9:08 AM GMT
morning all iv won 2 tickets to all sessions of the final but cant make it. Anybody want the tickets??
Report onetruesaxon1964 December 13, 2009 9:08 AM GMT
morning all iv won 2 tickets to all sessions of the final but cant make it. Anybody want the tickets??
Report The Romford Slim December 13, 2009 10:22 AM GMT
Morning SB - good to see your double landed, albeit a new pair of pampers needed.

The prices look spot on today for me, so at the moment its a no bet. Im going to hang tight and hopefully something will pop up in play. Usually there is a huge overreaction after the first couple of frames, so im hoping someone goes 2-0 up.

I would say Higgins is the far liklier winner today, however i feel the drawn out match last night will really affect him, with the miss incident, the new cue tip and the fact he nearly threw it away - a few doubts might start creeping in. I can see this game being scrappy and might stick up a few lays in the FBF's.

Some of the FBF betting last night was like finding money in the street, particularly toward the conclusion of the game
Report horus December 13, 2009 10:26 AM GMT
The Duke of Craigneuk should win this doing cartwheels.
Report snooker backer December 13, 2009 10:30 AM GMT
I don't play on the FBF's Slim, but experimented a while ago with shrapnel and found it very easy to green out in 90% of the frames I played in. Doing it in Ronnie's games in particular could make someone a very healthy living. But I enjoy watching it too much to mess about with it. I agree that the in-play might be the preferred option today as the prices are right in my opinion. Like I say I don't need a bet as this has been a great tournament for me financially already and you can get greedy can't you, don't want to have sparrow for Xmas dinner again this year. Have the bigger winnings if Higgins obliges thanks to the 7/2 outright I had before the semi's but won't mind if Ding wins as it's good to see him challenging again (and I backed him outright to smaller stakes earlier on), just hope it's a good match as it's been a good tournament and it would be a shame if the final was an anti-climax. How are you getting on this week?
Report snooker backer December 13, 2009 10:31 AM GMT
By the way saxon, thanks for the offer but it's a bit of a trek for me. Shame you can't make it.
Report The Romford Slim December 13, 2009 11:11 AM GMT
I was in Dubai for the Rugby for the first 3 days of the tournament so got involved late on.

I have only had a couple of bets, and am showing a tiny loss thus far - strongest bet was Ding to beat Maguire.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com