Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Glasgow100
12 Dec 09 10:54
| Topic/replies: 1,013 | Blogger: Glasgow100's blog
I think o'sullivan will prove too strong for higgins today, higgins looked good in his quarter final, but liang had a total nightmare, in his previous rounds john gave his opponents chances that ronnie would pounce on. O'sullivan has played an excellent all round game this week, excellent safety combined with clinical finishing, reminding me of when he won the world championship a few years ago when under the guidance of ray reardon. im going in heavy on osullivan. Ive yet to pick a loser in this tournament, and from the quarters i predicted osullivan to beat ding in the final. Good luck everybody.
Pause Switch to Standard View O'SULLIVAN TO SHOW HIS CLASS
Show More
Report mad paddy December 12, 2009 11:12 AM GMT
U backing again one of your own??
Report snooker backer December 12, 2009 11:16 AM GMT
Glasgow100 12 Dec 11:54
I think o'sullivan will prove too strong for higgins today, higgins looked good in his quarter final, but liang had a total nightmare, in his previous rounds john gave his opponents chances that ronnie would pounce on. O'sullivan has played an excellent all round game this week, excellent safety combined with clinical finishing

To be fair glasgow, I think you could easily swap the names around in this paragraph and draw a different conclusion!
Report Glasgow100 December 12, 2009 11:25 AM GMT
true snooker backer, just my opinion. Just can never really bring myself to back against o'sullivan. when hes in the balls and on form no one can touch him, everything in this tournament so far has gone exactly as ive thought. Fancied O'sullivan to beat ding in the final from the quarters and ive seen nothing so far to make me change my mind.
Report Glasgow100 December 12, 2009 11:26 AM GMT
yep max, i backed against maguire yesterday and against higgins today, i am a passionate scot tho, just not when betting lol
Report scarecrow December 12, 2009 11:29 AM GMT
i think that higgins is the one player ronnie really respects myself.i tend to think that ronnie looks as good as ever when amongst the balls but his long potting is a bit hit and miss these days.i could see this going either way myself on a plus note for ronnie backers i suppose he finds it easier to get up for the big events played close to home but at the odds on offer i think i will have a small dabble on higgins as i believe its a coin toss match depending a lot on how the early frames go.
Report Glasgow100 December 12, 2009 11:33 AM GMT
your right scarecrow, ronnie def respects higgins.
Report mad paddy December 12, 2009 11:34 AM GMT
Ronnie has said on numerous occassions, that Higgins is the best he has ever played against.And i would'nt disagree.
Report Only-the-Brave December 12, 2009 11:45 AM GMT
have backed ronnie too - decent price. Just hope he's in the mood to play.
Report Glasgow100 December 12, 2009 11:48 AM GMT
personally... i beat john higgins in the scottish under 19s 3-0 when we were both kids, my claim to fame lol
Report treble December 12, 2009 11:48 AM GMT
I fancy Higgins here.

He has got better as the week has gone on and one of Higgins strengths is his consistency. He keeps getting better as he progresses.

With Ron, you still have the problem that you never know which ones going to turn up. And in the first to 9, theres not much time to recover. One bad session and the fat lady is singing.

Both of their oppo's in the QF's had nightmares imo, so you cant really draw too much from them, but contrary to the OP, I think that Ronnie gave away more chances against Selby that Higgins would punish if he was given.

John for me. SF and to win the tournament.
Report airbag December 12, 2009 11:52 AM GMT
think I will watch a few frames before deciding on this one
Report Shamus December 12, 2009 11:58 AM GMT
Yeah totally agree with you glasgow i can,t see you losing on this bet, i think higgins backers have been looking at the stats over the last few years and have kidded them selfs into backing higgins, i personally expect osulivan to win with room to spare.x
Report adrianooooo December 12, 2009 12:07 PM GMT
gotta fancy higgins at the prices. just feel that higgins has the mental edge over ronnie the past year.
Report Glasgow100 December 12, 2009 12:09 PM GMT
i agree shamus, the stats before the ding match yesterday had maguire leading him 6-1 over the years, but all that counts is how their playing this week, and as i said earlier i think osullivan is keeping it tight and as good as ever amongs the balls. I fancy 9-6
Report scarecrow December 12, 2009 12:11 PM GMT
i have got out of my higgins back as a new tip does not inspire confidencein me.
Report Glasgow100 December 12, 2009 12:11 PM GMT
adrianooo i dont think higgins will have a mental edge over him, its all really about how osullivan is playing himself, if he's on form no one can live with him, higgins admits that himself.
Report arthur daley December 12, 2009 12:36 PM GMT
O Sullivan has no class HTH. Great snooker player yes but no class
Report treble December 12, 2009 2:17 PM GMT
Not looking too clever here. Would like to say I told you so, but i'm not like that.

But I did tell you
Report scarecrow December 12, 2009 2:33 PM GMT
i could strangle john parrott for telling us all about the new tip grrrrrr.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com