Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Sandown
02 Jun 21 18:50
| Topic/replies: 3,399 | Blogger: Sandown's blog
his issue has nothing to do with the potential outcome of the race. It has nothing to do with horses being withdrawn as a result of injury or in normal circumstances, owners and trainers changing their running plans, all of which is accepted as part and parcel of AP betting risk. This issue is about the  trainer giving positive views of the participation of his horse or horses one day, and changing his mind just 24 hours later. This is not acceptable practice. It is not acceptable that some people have almost certainly profited from this decision and it must be looked at by the JC under integrity implications. It is the short time between AOB's statements and the decision which takes this out of the normal situation.

In my opinion, any bets on or after Sunday's published comments, ought to be null and voided by all bookmakers and exchanges. I doubt that there is a massive on-cost to them but it would help to repair the damage done by unthinking, irresponsible behaviour on the part of people who should know better. It matters not how much anyone may have lost on this reverse , what is important is the damage done to the reputation of racing in the UuK. That this should happen on the greatest race in the British calendar is beyond understanding and every effort should be made to remedy what is a disgraceful act.

I will forward this to Betfair for their view on the matter.
Pause Switch to Standard View This needs the attention of Betfair
Show More
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com