Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
willychap
17 Jun 15 20:39
| Topic/replies: 19 | Blogger: willychap's blog
Is anyone else having problems with the site freezing when using IE 11 (no problems with Chrome) It happens when you hover your mouse pointer over a horse to reveal trainers name etc. This has started to happen over the last 36 hrs on both my computers, and some of my friends who use the site are having exactly the same problem. Done all the usual stuff, clearing cache, temp files etc, all to no avail. It's driving me mad, HELP.  Will
Pause Switch to Standard View Problems with IE 11
Show More
Report longbridge June 18, 2015 12:00 PM BST
Not seeing it here.  I usually use Firefox for Betfair, try not to use IE for anything I don't have to.   Fired up IE 11 and tried hovering over for trainer's name etc on both old and new sites and seems OK.

Not sure why you'd use IE for a site if Chrome works OK though?
Report Captain Banzai July 5, 2015 9:45 AM BST
Exactly the same problems here from about the same date
Report rcg123 July 8, 2015 3:15 PM BST
I've been getting exactly the same problem for around a week.  Really annoying
Report onlooker July 18, 2015 3:19 AM BST
Internet Explorer is the LEAST compatible Browser for Betfair- and ALWAYS has been.

For YEARS Betfair, themselves, have advised NOT using IE - and advised using Mozilla Firefox - even BEFORE the even more compatible CHROME Browser was born.

ALSO - INTERNET EXPLORER 11 is the WORST version of IE that there has ever been - and that is for MANY, MANY, sites  - and Internet Explorer is soon to be DISCONTINUED, and confined to history - and no longer supported by Microsoft -  as it is being phased OUT.

Windows 10 is being loaded with a new DIFFERENT Browser to Internet Explorer.

If you want to use IE - but I would NOT recommend it for Betfair - then far better to go BACK to Version 10

http://filehippo.com/download_internet_explorer_windows_7/14434/

However - you will need to DECLINE any future Update to Version 11 - whenever you get any Windows Updates offered.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com