Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
zooot
05 Jun 15 23:50
| Topic/replies: 153 | Blogger: zooot's blog
Today the history I downloaded lumps most details into a single field "description" and leaves out data to help identify the market.  Now it is very hard to sort by selection, and by market.  BSP is identified within the field with the odds, so now you have to do a formalue to extract out the odds ot sort by odds or do calculations.  Seriously a backward step that has no logic. Anyone dealing in data as betfair does in huge volumes knows that lumping critical data in the same field is poor practice.  Why has this occurred?
Pause Switch to Standard View Betting history presentation change -...
Show More
Report zooot June 6, 2015 9:23 PM BST
- choose date range does not work - gives 3 months every time when you download to excel
- select horse racing / greyhounds, does not work gives you both and no easy way to sort as the only identifier is the title of the track in description - there are lots of tracks!
Report zooot June 7, 2015 11:16 AM BST
Betting history has now gone from a useful tool to almost useless.  I will have to set up a complicated template to extract all the data now bundled into Description to make any sense out of it.  Bundling key data into one field is such poor practice for any sort of data presentation. So is removing the data such as race length, whether horse racing or greyhounds. Please change it back to how it was.
Report zooot June 7, 2015 11:36 PM BST
update

Very weird.  If you go to betting history via Summary as I have always done you now get this under the field "Description"

"04:21 Sittingbourne 1. Razldazl Bigbear - Win Betfair Bet ID1:51514896961 | Placed: 08-Jun-15 04:21:07"

But if you go to betting history via Betting you get it in the format I am used to for years:

Televised Cards / Henl 7th Jun / 04:15 A4 460m    1. Savana Chloe    Back

With key data separated.

So I am happy to have a solution but confused as to why the change has occurred and two forms of history are presented depending on the path you choose.

So forget about clicking on Summary to access stuff (the profit and loss does not work here either) - go to Betting and you see all your data as it has always been.

Just hope this path continues to work.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com