Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
milo222
03 Apr 15 20:45
| Topic/replies: 371 | Blogger: milo222's blog
I don't think the new way of logging in if you forget your password is very good.

If you forget your username, you click on "forgot user name" and a box appears asking for your email address. When you enter your email address a reminder is sent to your email.
This means you can control your security by changing your email address should anyone know your current email address and password (unlikely) so pretty secure.

However, if you forgot your password, the system asks for your user name, checks it is correct, then asks for your date of birth. When you enter this you are asked to provide a new password. Anyone could know your date of birth and if they know your username (not difficult) they have access to your account. Betfair do send you an email stating "someone has changed your password, if it wasn't you please contact us" but why don't they just do as in "forgot user name"?

Hopefully I am missing some vital point to an amazing security blunder, so please let me know if I am.
Pause Switch to Standard View "Forgot password" security issues
Show More
Report duffy May 30, 2015 1:37 PM BST
I still have to go around the houses to log in, when I log in manually typing it in on the site it says I've done it wrong, then a screen appears with my password already input and I just click log in and it then works.

I've now given up trying to type in my password, I just hit any old button just to get to the next screen with my details already there to log in.

No problems logging in on gruss though.
Report curious-cat June 15, 2015 5:33 PM BST
I used to find it easy to log into betfair ........ now every time I enter Betfair I have to key in my username and password whereas before it was somehow automatic.

What happened ?

Could you please keep your customers informed of any changes and why they are being made.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com