Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Stacocakes
10 Jul 14 05:13
| Topic/replies: 46 | Blogger: Stacocakes's blog
Had another instance where the site went down for me tonight during the Oakland/San Fran baseball game. Just before I started having problems I put out an offer and I got the red writing after I hit submit for the offer and it said technical difficulties and whatever else it usually says. I then was looking at the market and nothing was up so nothing lead me to believe that the bet was taken so I waited out the technical outage and kept refreshing for about 5 mins till the site came back up and I checked the betting history for the game and the offer that I made that supposedly didn't go through ended up going through and it was accepted by someone else while I couldn't get onto the site. When Betfair goes down in these situations how are we supposed to ensure that no one takes our bets?The markets are never suspended and it's all left to whoever around the world can get into the site first and take your offers. Never knowing when the site will go down I will have to say that its making me hesitant to offer up bets since I don't want to be left exposed during these outages.
Pause Switch to Standard View Offers being accepted while site is down
Show More
Report Stacocakes July 10, 2014 5:14 AM BST
By the way in the past I have had some other instances like this and have called Betfair to see if they could suspend the market or just cancel my oustanding offers and in all instances they said there was nothing they could do.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com