Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
viva el presidente!
04 Jul 14 14:52
| Topic/replies: 17,982 | Blogger: viva el presidente!'s blog
Positive step introducing these (even if it has killed one of my best strategies), so well done on that.

BUT: I think you need to make your rules clearer. At the moment they read (in part):

Own goals do not count for Next Goalscorer settlement purposes and are ignored. Subsequent appeals or rulings will not be considered. This market will be suspended after the next goal in the game, regardless of who scores and including own goals.

So, how do you settle eg 2nd goalscorer if the second goal is an OG and there are subsequent goals that aren't OGs? is it "No Goalscorer" (absurd) is it voided (more sensible) or is it the scorer of the third goal?  If the third, what effect does this have on subsequent goalscorer markets?

I'm guessing the answer is the market's voided, and NGS 3rd goal is settled on whoever scores the third goal. That's the obvious solution, but "Own goals do not count for Next Goalscorer settlement purposes and are ignored" implies that it will roll over into third goal.

BTW, this and many other problems could be solved by simply introducing Own Goal as a runner, which would also result in less voided markets and therefore more commission.
Pause Switch to Standard View Betfair: please clarify next...
Show More
Report viva el presidente! August 25, 2014 9:48 PM BST
"For clarity, if a bet has been placed on the 'Next Goalscorer – 2nd Goal' market and the 2nd Goal in the game is an own goal, this bet will then be settled using the winning selection of the 3rd goal in the game. If there are no further goals in this game or if the only subsequent goals are own goals, the market will be settled as No Goalscorer."

----------------------

So what, in that circumstance, is 3rd goalscorer settled on?

The simplest solution to this and various other problems is to just put "Any Own Goal" in as a runner in all these markets. Also makes you extra commission on all the goalscorer markets you currently void when there's an OG.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com