Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
THE OCTOPUS KID
14 May 14 15:12
| Topic/replies: 6 | Blogger: THE OCTOPUS KID's blog
"As a result of improvements Racecards on Horseracing will no longer be available'!
How can you possibly consider this an improvement. It is a seriously retrograde step with no warning.
Cannot believe you consulted the relevant community and as a result decided to remove the option.
What's really going on? Did Timeform pull the plug??
Pause Switch to Standard View Removal of Racecard
Show More
Report longbridge May 14, 2014 3:26 PM BST
It's "the Racecard function on Exchange Horse Racing markets will no longer be available" not as your text Octopus - maybe they updated it to be clearer?

It's not the Timefore racecards that are going - just the useless SP-only "Racecard" market view on the old site - did anyone use this?
Report THE OCTOPUS KID May 15, 2014 10:41 AM BST
Perhaps in my annoyance I misled you.
The 'Racecard' option included lots of valuable information; not only the Timeform comment on recent performance but also the ability to easily interrogate all races the horse has ever run in.
Personally I never understood why the racecard could not have been incorporated into the main betting show to save having to continually flick between the two, but that is another matter.
I am particularly cross that this feature has been removed with no notice and no consultation. Typical of this organisation. Pity they don't spend more time improving the reliability and robustness of the site instead of meddling.
Another annoying bit of meddling is that once you have looked at two races from a specific meeting they change the 'view' so you are temporarily limited to that meeting and you have to go all the way back to todays meetings to look at a different track.
Report longbridge May 15, 2014 2:01 PM BST
Ah - I missed that it was the Timeform data you liked - I like Timeform's stuff but I get it from other places as I don't want my market view to be one that only shows SP!

I did for a while do my Racing betting using:

https://timeform.betfair.com/races/

which is the Betfair Mobile Racing product, but because it's just an HTML website it works fine on the desktop and has nice tight integration with the TF stuff like recent form.

The Timeform data in the new Horseracing Beta pages is clearly laid out but not interactive

http://www.betfair.com/exchange/racing-beta

so now I use that for all my Racing betting I usually have the HR Beta open in one tab, the TF free form and results site in another and the full-on paid for TF in yet another!
Report RDJ May 16, 2014 1:31 PM BST
It also used to show race results without the need to go to another page/site ...... yet another backward step from Betfair. WHY ???
Report RDJ May 16, 2014 1:41 PM BST
"At Betfair we are constantly working to improve our offering for all customers."

Absolute nonsense, in fact it seems the opposite is true. Betfair just don't listen to their customers. They can't even fix the basics because they are too busy adding bells and whistles all over the place which nobody wants or needs.
Report longbridge May 16, 2014 4:43 PM BST
How many people have complained - about half a dozen on here is all I've counted.  To be honest I last looked at it so long ago I'd forgotten it existed.
Report RDJ July 6, 2014 12:42 PM BST
@Longbridge ... you should work for Betfair as you seem to fit their criteria for attitude to problems. 

"Unless there are a million complaints, we'll sweep it under the carpet and forget about it....... and, even if there ARE a million complaints, we'll still do nothing.
We're alright Jack, never mind about our customers. We don't care what our customers want, we only care about new bells and whistles that WE want".

Most people can't even be arsed to complain these days, probably because it does no good at all, hence only the half dozen you have counted.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com