Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mr Magoo
12 Mar 13 10:29
| Topic/replies: 1,883 | Blogger: Mr Magoo's blog
Ok, here's another way in which the ipad app can't be trusted.
Went to place a bet on the 'will racing go ahead' market today. Placed the bet, the app comes back saying something like 'some of your bets weren't completely matched'. Below this is the bet I placed. Unfortunately, there's no indication whether or not this bet is matched or unmatched, making the screen entirely pointless.

But, at the bottom of the page there's now a 'update bets' button. I press this, the app then instantly says 'bet successfully updated'. But at the same time, a big spinning 'loading' animation appears in the middle of the screen. It stays there forever and the app locks up. The only way out is to quit the app.

Restarting and navigating back to the market, there's still no sign of my bet (it was matched, the old website confirms). Pressing 'update bet' reliably crashes the app every time I press it, and there's still no profit/loss shown on the market runners.

So there's a few more bugs for your app team to fix/ignore:
1) When placing bets, be clear which ones were matched/unmatched
2) Update the profit/loss figures for the market, don't just leave them empty!
3) Fix the update bets button. It obviously shouldn't crash, and it shouldn't be instantly reporting 'bets updated' when nothing has yet updated.
Pause Switch to Standard View iPad app wrong info then crash!
Show More
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com