Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Just Checking
03 Feb 13 23:38
| Topic/replies: 31,257 | Blogger: Just Checking's blog
This has been commented on before by others:
When, early on in a market, some silly bet is placed, the graphs can become completely unusable. Example: we've the superbowl match market, a very big market, but before it's even kicked off, with almost 3 million traded, the baltimore graph is already next to useless and will be all match. Some silly bet layed up to 990 early way back so what you have is pretty much a flat line with a needle stuck in it. If you had some sort of "throw away silly data" option this wouldn't be an issue?
Pause Switch to Standard View Graphs with spikes
Show More
Report Just Checking February 3, 2013 11:44 PM GMT
Actually if the market has been open all season not just since the final teams were decided this might not be the classic case of a silly bet that does happen regularly, so maybe this isn't the best example but the point stands :) The reason the graph is just a nonsense is these tiny bets, on a very large £££££ market:
590.00                  £3
690.00                  £1
990.00                  £1
I think you see my point!
Report beestonman February 4, 2013 4:05 PM GMT
Been brought up in the past.
Report Darlo Bantam February 9, 2013 9:24 PM GMT
Totally agree with this. Perhaps a logarithmic scale is needed so it's a normal graph from 0 to 10. But then 10 to 1000 use a different scale. Though I'm not sure how many people would realise.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com