Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Srichaphan or Ancic?
31 Jan 13 17:00
| Topic/replies: 56,153 | Blogger: Srichaphan or Ancic?'s blog
A quick observation - there are some markets which are just put in play as soon as the previous match is completed, sometimes before, even if it isn't anywhere near the scheduled time of the match.

By doing this, it removes most of the money from the peripheral markets, meaning those customers who want to put a bet on those markets are unable to get their bets matched, whereas had it not been put in play until near the start of the match, there would have been plenty of money on those markets. I would suspect that a lot of tennis punters finish betting on one match then go onto the next, and it is those customers that this will hinder the most.

Surely this is both unhelpful to tennis punters, and self-defeating for Betfair in terms of making profits.

Would it be that difficult just to have a member of staff check the times of matches before putting the markets in play and ensuring they are put in play at the correct times?
Pause Switch to Standard View Betfair tennis markets
Show More
Report DStyle February 14, 2013 8:38 PM GMT
I would like to stress that i am very happy with the status quo where markets are put in play after the previous match on the same court has finished.

I believe this approach minimises the possibility of matches being put in play late which is infinitely more preferable to their being put in play too early.
Report Darlo Bantam February 21, 2013 12:17 AM GMT
Any chance anyone can look at this? This constant putting markets in-play too early is certainly limiting the amount of money I put into markets at the off. And to compound matters, one match tonight (Almagro) appears to be put in-play even though it appears to be raining in Buenos Aires and play has been suspended for the day. This policy makes no sense.
Report Betfair Community Manager 4 February 21, 2013 2:48 PM GMT
I've passed on your enquiry to the helpdesk to look into.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com