Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mr Magoo
17 Jan 13 11:13
| Topic/replies: 1,883 | Blogger: Mr Magoo's blog
If you try and download historical data from data.betfair.com, the sign-in page https://bdpconsole.betfair.com/login/data/login.aspx uses a SSL certificate that expired on 15/1/2013.

BCM, could you forward this to whoever maintains that site, please?
Pause Switch to Standard View bdpconsole.betfair.com security...
Show More
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 January 17, 2013 12:03 PM GMT
Cheers Magoo - on the case
Report Mr Magoo January 23, 2013 5:34 PM GMT
Can Betfair now afford a replacement $50 SSL certificate? The site is still broken.
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 January 24, 2013 7:36 AM GMT
Magoo - I am disappointed as I raised that with the techie people a week ago. I'll do it again...
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 January 24, 2013 1:39 PM GMT
Magoo - had it tested on 3 browsers here and it's working: we've managed to log in and download data. But if you are still having problems, let me know
Report Mr Magoo January 27, 2013 9:42 PM GMT
As far as I can tell,  the SSL certificate that signs the site and confirms that it is Betfair, expired on 2013-01-15 23:59:59 GMT. I've just tried this again from a completely different machine (in case my computer has kept an old copy of it) and the site is still returning it.

Most web browsers will show big warning messages about this, however you can always choose to override the warnings and continue anyway. Are you sure that you haven't done so in this case, now or sometime in the past?

Try clicking on the padlock in the browser bar (on the login popup window that appears). What does it say? In Firefox, if you've previously clicked past all the warning messages to ignore them, there might be a message stating 'You have added a security exception for this site'.
Report Cosmic Horizon January 31, 2013 8:05 PM GMT
I'm getting the same warning message.
Report Cosmic Horizon January 31, 2013 8:33 PM GMT
It also says "The certificate expired on 15/01/2013 23:59" too.  So "Betfair Community Manager 2" how come you're not getting this warning message??  I'm getting it on both firefox and Chrome.  Is it safe to click "I understand the risks" and proceed??  Please advise.  Thank you.
Report Cosmic Horizon February 1, 2013 12:58 PM GMT
Oh come on BCM let's have some sort of response!  I want to download some data but don't fancy doing so with this warning message!

Mr Magoo are you still getting the warning?  Did you continue anyway? 

Are other people here getting the same problem?
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 February 1, 2013 3:38 PM GMT
Cosmic - It's not really my place to say that you should click it. There's nothing on that site that should cause problems. I know, from seeing emails, we are awaiting the implementation of the new certificate.
Report Mr Magoo February 2, 2013 10:10 AM GMT
The problem is still there.

These certificates are important because it gives some security that you are really accessing Betfair and not another fraudulent site. This is critical when you are about to type your account password into a website form - which is exactly what you are about to do on the page!

BCM, why does Betfair not care about our account security? Serious question, not rhetorical. Please give a response. The lack of care shown here is appalling.
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 February 4, 2013 7:40 AM GMT
I can't tell you why it has taken so long. From the moment you raised it, I raised it here - and I have repeatedly checked and update the 'ticket' we have here for it with your comments, and those of the others on the thread. I can only apologise: I'm no happier than you are because I don't like going to websites and being asked to 'click to proceed' etc
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com