Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mr Magoo
14 Jan 13 14:49
| Topic/replies: 1,883 | Blogger: Mr Magoo's blog
When I first view a new market, the bet slip on the right hand side of the page states 'You have no bets on this market'. A while later (can be under a second, can be tens of seconds), the page updates to show the unmatched bets that I do have.

Now, the long delay is probably due to my rubbish internet connection, but the real problem is that the site shouldn't be lying about my bets. If my bets haven't loaded yet, the page should not state 'you have no bets'. It should just be blank, or have some kind of 'loading...' message. The old site manages this, please could you stop the new site from misinforming me?
Pause Switch to Standard View New site - bet slip misinformation
Show More
Report Betfair Community Manager 4 January 14, 2013 9:20 PM GMT
I have informed the helpdesk of your issue
Report PeteTheBloke January 14, 2013 9:45 PM GMT
BCM3 This is a known issue. The help desk don't care. The development team don't care. No one cares
except us customers. I've been whingeing for months about it. I pay a lot of commission (it feels like
a lot to me, anyway) but no one pays any attention to me at all.

I frequently have to wait 120 seconds or more before my existing bets appear, and then they are almost
useless anyway because the scroller won't work, or the browser crashes. The horses are NEVER in the correct
order, either.
Report lucky jj January 15, 2013 9:01 PM GMT
i have same problem ,going to quit site if its not fixed,i can't even put place bet on horses ,i have very good connection.
Report PeteTheBloke January 15, 2013 9:56 PM GMT
Lucky JJ - you know about bookmarking this link, do you?

http://sports.betfair.com/?optout=true

Takes you to the old, reliable, trustworthy, familiar and all-round excellent old site.
Report Brother Mouzone January 18, 2013 7:05 PM GMT
I often have to reload several new pages to be able to access the open bets on my betslip. It's an issue for a lot of people, the same thing happens to a couple of guys I work with and it's been mentioned on various forums many times. A lot of these people find themselves placing multiple bets and overstaking.

When I revert back to the old site it's a far better experience. It's faster, it's more stable, the info updates instantly and the presentation is far cleaner.

If you presented the horse racing section of the old and new sites to someone who hadn't used Betfair before I'm absolutely certain that they would think the old site was the upgrade.
Report Brother Mouzone January 19, 2013 3:04 PM GMT
Any updates from betfair?

The lack of communication over site issues isn't getting any better is it?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com