Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
laughingmike
16 Nov 12 21:28
| Topic/replies: 252 | Blogger: laughingmike's blog
Several times tonight I have cancelled greyhound bets only to find that the system has created 2 identical bets and I've had to "cancel all bets" to make sure I don't get matched 3 times!!!
Pause Switch to Standard View Cancelled bets being trebled then...
Show More
Report laughingmike November 16, 2012 9:31 PM GMT
Also getting the "The following bets could not be placed" "This may be a temporary problem. Please wait and try again." messages several times this evening.

The site is so unreliable and unstable!!!!!
Report YOMOMMA November 16, 2012 11:48 PM GMT
Happened to me, I cancelled a bet and the website created 50 identical bets. I also get error messages like that that never go away. They've turned my enjoyable job in to a complete pain. Cry
Report layer1982 November 21, 2012 2:55 PM GMT
were u using the new site by any chance? Just unbearable...
Report YOMOMMA November 21, 2012 6:08 PM GMT
Yes on the new site and it wasn't just a one off, it happened twice more at the weekend. I had to log out and then log back in, in order to cancel them. Some people are in for a nasty shock if it happens in play. I won't be touching in play.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? November 21, 2012 6:19 PM GMT
Shocked
Report kenners November 22, 2012 9:44 AM GMT
Shocked
Report Brother Mouzone November 22, 2012 12:11 PM GMT
This happened to me last night Shocked
Report laughingmike November 22, 2012 1:06 PM GMT
Site has been stable for me since I've deleted history, cache etc

But a very worrying glitch if you're playing a fast moving market and end up getting matched!!! :-o
Report Brother Mouzone November 22, 2012 6:28 PM GMT
Just happened again Shocked
Report wit-ham November 26, 2012 2:40 PM GMT
keep being told that have a liability in the wallet/funds available when you don't after start of race

nothing showing in matched/unmatched
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 November 27, 2012 11:49 AM GMT
Folks - this is now a top priority to sort out (the duplicating of bets). Question: does it only happen when you try to cancel a bet, or are there other occasions?
Report Brother Mouzone November 27, 2012 1:04 PM GMT
It's only happened when I try to cancel a bet mate. I've tried the new site on firefox, IE and chrome and it's the same result with all of them. There are definitely issues with cancelling bets, on several occasions a cancelled bet keeps popping back up on the betslip even when I put up a new market, I have to log out or switch to the old site to get rid of it which obviously is a nightmare when you bet near the off. This problem always occurs if there are more than a couple of selections on the betslip, at this stage it's impossible to back and lay more than a couple of horses either before a race and particulary during it on the new site, the "old site" still works perfectly for me.
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 November 27, 2012 1:19 PM GMT
Mouzone - thanks, cutting and pasting that over to the relevant team now
Report wit-ham November 27, 2012 5:53 PM GMT
mine happens on the old site and is only corrected when the event is settled(only happened on horses so far)
Report wit-ham November 28, 2012 6:21 PM GMT
2 times in 5 races tonight

no bets matched race suspended available funds not updated until after race settled
Report YOMOMMA November 28, 2012 11:06 PM GMT
I get multiple identical bets being created when I cancel a back bet. Same for me like what brother mouzone said it occasionally goes haywire creating bets by itself when I have more than 1 bet in the betslip.
Report YOMOMMA November 28, 2012 11:13 PM GMT
Should take it down until it's fixed really as it is a serious flaw and is likely to cost someone a lot of money one day.
Report Brother Mouzone November 29, 2012 12:31 PM GMT
no bets matched, race suspended but available funds not updated until after race settled

This has happened to me too.
Report wit-ham November 29, 2012 3:49 PM GMT
3.35 uttox first one today
Report layer1982 November 30, 2012 1:37 AM GMT
Right not using new site until it's fixed. Same has happened to me...bet duplicated and placed in running. I was lucky I read this and spotted it. Unacceptable, cannot use the new site as is. Totally absurd considering size of Betfair as a company. IT team need to stand up and be accountable for such a horrible interface. I will take the slower old site anyday!
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 November 30, 2012 8:54 AM GMT
A fix for the account balance problem is being rolled out on Tuesday - as soon as I have an update on the bet duplication, I'll let you know.
Report bb66 November 30, 2012 11:03 AM GMT
on the new sight soccer markets often do nnot refresh pre match, sometimes they do, but I didn't find out how to manage it.

On markets were I already have placed bets they are not shown if I reopen the market (e.g. Premier league winner), always have to get around by clicking on language to see them. Still it is not possible to get a full chronological order not overruled by back/lay order.

New site still is rubbish, but I'm partially forced to it as there are no coupons on the old site any longerCryCryCryCry To revert to the old site I have to change language twice as there is no revert button offered in GermanDevil
Report YOMOMMA November 30, 2012 11:21 AM GMT
Die neue Website ist scheisse und die alte Website Loading... please wait while the market loads. Cry
Report YOMOMMA November 30, 2012 11:26 AM GMT
Es ist unmoglish, ein professioneller Sportwetter mit Betfair heuter sein. Cry
Report YOMOMMA November 30, 2012 11:27 AM GMT
*unmoglich
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 November 30, 2012 12:38 PM GMT
Fix for the duplicated bets issue planned for Wednesday
Report Nobetterjockeyridingtoday November 30, 2012 5:36 PM GMT
Noticed in my account statement that this happened to me in two races today.

Bets placed at BSP have been doubled on one occasion and tripled on the other.  Have contacted BF for help.
Report Just Checking November 30, 2012 10:07 PM GMT
"This problem always occurs if there are more than a couple of selections on the betslip". Interesting.
When I tried the beta site I got the impression they never use it the way many customers do, i.e with multiple bets, and it's designed for placing "a bet" - and by sounds of things, only tested properly with a bet or two?? The way it quickly became less useable than the old site once a few bets were placed was obvious. Scroll scroll scroll.
Report laughingmike December 3, 2012 9:23 PM GMT
How many times a day are we supposed to "delete cache, history and temp files" to make the site stable?

Tried to change a price on a bet earlier and got the "This bet may have been matched or lapsed" message, but no sign of the bet being matched. Had to check current bets before reinstating my bet.

Am also still getting the issue of that message popping up over and over again when bets are cancelled meaning I have to log out of the site and log back in again.

Twice today I have had to run with losing positions I didn't want because I had to log out and couldn't log back in and get to the market quick enough. Sometime very soon someone (hopefully not me) is going to be stuck with a position and lose a lot of money and I'm sure Betfair will not be dipping in to their pockets to compensate the unlucky user.
Report dan33 December 4, 2012 1:21 AM GMT
Betfair Community Manager 2 - Any chance you can get a fix sorted for the incorrect bet stake bug on the new site? Still happening - place a bet for £222 and a £22 bet goes into the system - unusable as it stands.
Report bb66 December 5, 2012 10:22 AM GMT
@dan33

maybe it's a problem with submitting too fast when the new site is unable to process the digits entered fast enough, as report from another user in a thread suggests.

I was unable to cancel bets today on the bet slip, had to do it on the account tab, which would be way too time consuming if it is in play Cry
Report laughingmike December 5, 2012 12:18 PM GMT
"The following bets could not be placed" "This may be a temporary problem. Please wait and try again."

I wonder how many more error messages I can rack up in the coming days.

I am currently trying to make sure I have finished my bets by 2 minutes before an event is due to go off as I have NO CONFIDENCE in the Betfair site at the moment. Will keep an eye on Daq's liquidity as may consider switching sites.

Why no continued response from Betfair on the issues we are raising??????????????
Report Brother Mouzone December 6, 2012 1:52 PM GMT
Still not fixed Plain
Report PeteTheBloke December 8, 2012 9:17 PM GMT
It's weird really - we think we're customers but they totally ignore us. I wonder if we are not really the
customers that matter i.e. the customers that matter only use API or the customers that matter are the mugs
on the gambling sites attached to Betfair.
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 December 12, 2012 4:09 PM GMT
All - here's an update I've received today on some of the common problems that we have been working on. As ever, please let us know if we what say here is not proving the case, and I'll take that feedback to the relevant people. Thanks all:

We have now fixed the issue on handicap markets where we were not showing P&L on the market correctly. P&L will now show the position against each runner on handicap markets as they are all independent positions.

Here a list of the significant betslip fixes that have been deployed:

1.    The duplicate bets issue where customer marks a bet for deletion on Open Bets, clicks update, gets an empty receipt, and then every time they click continue they get a duplicate bet.
2.    Incorrect stakes being entered, i.e. customer types ‘100’ very quickly and only ‘10’ appears in the stake box. (An issue for customers using keyboard quickly to submit bets.)
3.    Bets not being submitted if ‘Place Bets’ button is clicked before the betslip has finished calculating the profit value for the stake entered. (An issue for customers using keyboard quickly to submit bets.)
4.    Unable to modify the odds for a BSP odds limit bet in Open Bets.
5.    Betslip gets stuck in a loop after customer attempts to modify/cancel a  bet that has lapsed or matched in the background. The error message below is displayed. When you click continue you get the same message.
Report Stake & Chips January 4, 2013 1:53 PM GMT
Unless I am going nuts, I have just had some in running bets triplicated using the new site betting in running on the horses.

It seemed to happen when there was an unmatched back bet in the system, and thereafter trying to place a lay bets, it placed the back bet over and over again.

Is anyone else suffering from this? Cost me a few quid and not very happy.

BCM2 - if you are looking in pls see my account transactions for trading on horse Flugzeug in 1.20 Lingfield today.
Report Stake & Chips January 4, 2013 1:59 PM GMT
..and btw the problem with typing in a stake 50 and it being sent into the system as 5 sill persists Angry
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 January 4, 2013 3:01 PM GMT
Stake - just seen this, will report it now
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 January 4, 2013 3:27 PM GMT
Stake - I have got this with the right people, in the meantime, would you mind calling us on 0844 871 0000 and asking for the Duty Manager? Then we can discuss it in detail with you.
Report Stake & Chips January 4, 2013 3:40 PM GMT
Trying to get thru to him now BCM2. Appreciate your help.
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 January 4, 2013 4:29 PM GMT
I believe you've spoken to him and we've sorted a few things out?
Report Stake & Chips January 4, 2013 5:20 PM GMT
All resolved - excellent service! Thanks again BCM2 You can put the brew on now Tongue Out.
Report IC January 9, 2013 6:09 PM GMT
Still having problems. Perhaps 1/5 bets will remain in the "singles" collumn after being matched or cancelled, showing the possible profit/loss from placing such bets again. I have to hop between markets several times untill the same bet (that is already matched/cancelled) shows up in "singles" and I'm able to cancel this new potential bet. Often the stakes change to £5 or £50 on this new bet, I have no idea why.
Report IC January 9, 2013 6:25 PM GMT
Personally I'd be happy to just keep using the old site (though the new in-play stuff is nice). I'm a bit concerned that it will be phased out though, and what do they mean when talking about reverting to the "slow" old version, why is it slow?

I can't bet on the new site with random numbers popping into my markets...
Report IC January 9, 2013 6:45 PM GMT
I also have to click on markets twice sometimes to navigate to them, old site and new. An example of this would be jumping between 'under 2.5 goals' and 'under 3.5 goals' markets on any given football match. I presume this started at the same time as the new site became active...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com