Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mr Magoo
04 Oct 12 09:53
| Topic/replies: 1,883 | Blogger: Mr Magoo's blog
When I first view a horse racing place market where I have matched bets, the P&L for the horses is shown completely wrong. After a few seconds, the profit & loss updates to the correct figures, but it's pretty damn shoddy for Betfair to be showing the wrong data on something as fundamental as this.

This seems to happen when the bet has been matched in parts (e.g. a £100 bet where someone took £50, later on someone else took another £50). The initial P&L display only reflects the first part of the bet that matched.

How can this site be out of beta and yet still get the basics like P&L wrong, Betfair?
Pause Switch to Standard View New site - wrong P&L on place markets
Show More
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 October 4, 2012 10:08 AM BST
Mr Magoo - I've picked up the details on all three of the threads and taken them to the relevant places. Can't answer/fix myself, but rest assured I have given the right details to the right people.
Report Brother Mouzone January 24, 2013 10:38 AM GMT
This is still happening on win and place Horse Racing markets except now it's even worse, you have to open a new tab and load betfair again or open a different market then come back to get the updated betslip.

Will this ever be fixed? next week it will be at least 4 months since these problems were highlighted!
Report hazel January 24, 2013 11:08 AM GMT
Mr Magoo you must be going purple (in the face) with all these problems on the new site Wink
Report Mr Magoo January 24, 2013 12:57 PM GMT
Purple could well become the new colour for Betfair customers Grin

Actually this problem seems to have been (almost) fixed for me today. I briefly tried the new site again, and this time the profit/loss figures seemed stable when I navigated around different markets. Except for a couple of place markets where the loss figure changes by 1p a few seconds after viewing it! Very bizarre. It's like there's two bits of code on the Betfair site that calculate profit/loss figures and they can't agree on how to round numbers to the nearest penny. So the problem is less pronounced now, but the site still has that horrible feeling of being a complete unreliable shambles!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com