Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
fantasticbud
06 Sep 12 21:20
| Topic/replies: 218 | Blogger: fantasticbud's blog
How can it be that a backer can place a £5 liability bet and watch betfair live video, but (like myself the other day) lay a liability bet of £7.29 and BETFAIR would not allow me to watch live video. Sports are more exciting when you can watch the action so i have decided to place bets when channel4 and BBC cover them. On other occasions i now have reverted back to placing lucky 15 bets (wish i had done it sooner).
Pause Switch to Standard View HOW BETFAIR (live video) RIPS OFF ITS...
Show More
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 September 7, 2012 7:26 AM BST
Hi - this is something we are looking into as there does some to be some disparity
Report madhatter September 9, 2012 2:26 PM BST
you're not looking very hard are you?

I can have a lay liability of 5 or 6 times the £5.00 amount that you ask people for in the back market yet they can watch the race and I can't!

How the feck is that fair to the layer????

Sort it out please.
Report madhatter September 9, 2012 2:56 PM BST
e.g. i have a £20 liability on Pepper Lane in the 2.55 York today but because the backers stake I took is only about £3 I can't watch it!!!

That is unfair and bollocks betfair!
Report fantasticbud September 19, 2012 4:59 PM BST
sorry ive not replied but not been on betfair for weeks. yes its a shame when LAYERS are getting a raw deal and i see the betfair manager has not been back with an update on the 'looking into it' reply. MAYBE HE SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS.
Report fantasticbud September 19, 2012 8:46 PM BST
well ive decided to jump ship and cross over to **** £30 no lose bet and they only charge 3% commission. really i honestly think that betfair wants shut of people like me (the small fry) and thats what theve got, a sad day sad sad day.
Report PaulBR September 25, 2012 2:40 PM BST
Just back the FAV when its shortening for £5 and lay it off either at same stake or for a small profit, then do what you want, Simple really... I think its a bit silly really saying you have to put £5 on to watch a race, when you can just LAY it back for a profit anyway... Its all a bit redundant..

To be honest, i just listen on the radio now anyhow.. its free!

Paul
Report fantasticbud September 25, 2012 9:50 PM BST
better still go join another exchange betting site (the purple one) get a £30 free bet pay only 3% commision and watch live video even if you havent had a bet as long as your account is in credit, AND IT DOESNT FALL OVER LIKE BETFAIRS nice and smooooooooth. BETFAIR has done me a favour. GREED GETS NO ONE ANYWHERE remember that BETUNFAIR
Report peter pan October 7, 2012 12:41 PM BST
still waiting for the reason. scuse ignorance, which one is the purple site, or are betfair censoring the forum ?
Report 11kv October 8, 2012 6:47 PM BST
Report 11kv October 8, 2012 6:47 PM BST
Be t d aq
Report RDJ January 4, 2013 1:24 PM GMT
"Hi - this is something we are looking into as there does some to be some disparity"

So, before this slips off the bottom of the page............. what's being looked at ?

Nothing has changed.
Report Look At Curlin Go January 14, 2013 1:48 PM GMT
The amusing thing is this would be one line of code to modify. Several months later and nothing has happened!
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? January 23, 2013 3:25 PM GMT
I asked about this on a different post.

The email I sent to Betfair before was replied to with just a statement of this situation as it is, in other words, just telling me what I had asked about.

You can, of course, put money on the race and get out at the same odds and then watch it, with zero on the market.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? January 23, 2013 3:27 PM GMT
My guess would be that the person who devised the system to prevent customers from watching the videos did not understand the exchange system.
Report RDJ March 9, 2013 3:34 PM GMT
Hi - this is something we are looking into as there does some to be some disparity

Still looking into it, or is it under the carpet with the rest of the things you ignore ?
Report RDJ March 22, 2013 11:32 PM GMT
I'll answer my own question......"yes, it's been swept under the carpet and has joined everything else that we ignore - rgds, Betfair".
Report Winner_Winner_Chicken_Diner March 25, 2013 11:34 PM GMT
All these changes seem to be directed away from the core of the business. It seems to be a problem with almost all businesses, as they grow they become detached from their customers
Report sweetchildofmine March 30, 2013 9:12 AM GMT
ttt
Report RDJ April 12, 2013 2:56 PM BST
BCM, why is this STILL being ignored ?
Report RDJ April 12, 2013 4:44 PM BST
..... and here's another thing which definitely needs looking at.

I have BSP bets totalling much more than £5. These bets can't be cancelled, but I STILL have to wait for race to be turned 'in play' before video will load.
Report stevies5_mufc April 12, 2013 5:04 PM BST
LaughLaughLaugh This is actually comical how this has just been ignored! haha
Almost as good as them ignoring my live video thread, waiting on phone call for 4 weeks.
Report NineOneOne April 13, 2013 1:06 PM BST
And the video continues to stop, jump, stall, freeze, and nothing happens...
Report RDJ April 19, 2013 1:27 PM BST
BCM2 - I know you have said in the past that you don't like to post if you have no news, but this situation is completely ridiculous !

I also know there's nothing you can do personally, but at least have the courtesy to tell us what is going on with this instead of just ignoring it. Is anybody actually looking at it ?
It's been 7 months since this topic was started ! ......it's not going away anytime soon.
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 April 24, 2013 7:47 AM BST
RDJ - I agree that it seems odd that laying doesn't give the same LV rights as backing, and I have raised this (along with showing comments from here) to various people within the Racing team. The lack of any update tells you where that has got me! However, after the recent changes (which you may have read about) there is a number of different people in place. So I have tried again - if I get anywhere, I'll be back on here.
Report RDJ June 4, 2013 3:32 PM BST
"after the recent changes (which you may have read about) there is a number of different people in place."

I assume these 'different people' are also not interested.
Either that, or they have been swept under the carpet along with the rest of the unsolved problems and unanswered questions.
Report RDJ September 14, 2013 5:21 PM BST
*continues drumming fingers whislt waitng for an update*
Report RDJ October 15, 2013 12:49 PM BST
Another month drifts by.......
Report peckerdunne October 15, 2013 1:14 PM BST
down...down down..

purple account being open..

vote with feet now..a percentage of your buisness has now diminished......
Report sceptical October 16, 2013 12:34 PM BST
Count yourselves lucky - every time I try to get a live video on a race I have bet on, I get asked to login, even though I am already in the site. Embarrassing.........
Report virtuoso October 17, 2013 1:08 PM BST
Betfair video should be available after a minimum stake on the event OR you are a regular customer and bet xxx amount per calender week/month/year
Report Madboy October 19, 2013 11:25 PM BST
Companies as big as Betfair don't understand customer service. Its pointless having a customer feedback section unless you actually act upon it.

B E T D A Q . C O M should step up to the mark & nick all your business
Report Madboy October 19, 2013 11:25 PM BST
Companies as big as Betfair don't understand customer service. Its pointless having a customer feedback section unless you actually act upon it.

B E T D A Q . C O M should step up to the mark & nick all your business
Report RDJ November 28, 2013 4:32 PM GMT
...... and another month drifts by Angry
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com